Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll, after talking to Mel the other day, some of these players should be available

brandies

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Tapps' got a great motor and lots of heart.

But my gut tells me he ain't big enough to be a DT in the league, or strong/agile enough around the edge to be a speed DE.

Sucks, 'cuz I love the guy as Hokie and all. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Tapps' got a great motor and lots of heart.

But my gut tells me he ain't big enough to be a DT in the league, or strong/agile enough around the edge to be a speed DE.

Sucks, 'cuz I love the guy as Hokie and all. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Is he not fast enough? I knew he was small, but I thought he made up for that with speed. How is he rated this highly if hes small and slow? Im far from a Hokie fan, so I dont know all that much about him. We really need an impact player at DE though, which is what I was hoping Tapp could be.

Tapp is running away with this poll. If that is the sentiment, does that mean that we are committed to getting a WR through free agency?

And OM, you very well may be right about Tapp's size. He's about 15 lbs shy of where we would expect him to be. Then again, Dwight Freeney is considered small, and he's pretty much a beast.

It could work out for Tapp. He'll gain some muscle weight over the next year or two when he gets into the lifting program. I think he'd have a good shot at being the player we want at a DE position.

Is he not fast enough? I knew he was small, but I thought he made up for that with speed. How is he rated this highly if hes small and slow? Im far from a Hokie fan, so I dont know all that much about him. We really need an impact player at DE though, which is what I was hoping Tapp could be.

What I see is a guy who's quick as hell in confined spaces ... but what I don't see is pure off-the-edge speed. The kind an undersized DE needs to flourish in the NFL. I

I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but I've watched Tapp the last 2 years week in and week out, and can't shake the feeling he's just not quite an NFL fit.

The obvious need is a pass rusher, either a DE or DT. But dont forget that at the moment we are picking in the bottom 3rd of the 2nd round, so many of the players listed above wont be there and you are not going to find a pass rusher in the bottom of the 2nd round of immediate help.

I agree with Om. Tapp is more suited to be a rush LB with a 3-4 team like the Steelers, than a 4-3 DE. He has good speed but he doesn't have Dwight Freeney's 4.5 speed.

I picked Devin Hester, because of his outstanding return abilities and he could still be developed further and be an outstanding WR and/or CB. Of course if the Skins sign a returner in free agency, than we wouldn't draft Hester either. A lot depends on what we do in free agency first.

If Hester isn't the choice, I like the TE Klopfestein from Colorado. Al Saunders then would have a pass receiving TE to work with. :D

I went with DeQwell. Problem is that MD LBs have not faired particularly in the NFL (except Merriman).

EJ Henderson- meh

Merriman - amazing

what other Maryland lb's are you talking about?

1 out of 2 aint bad.

Now the florida gator WR's are another story between Doering, Redeil Anthony, Jabar, Reche, Taylor Jacobs, omg.

Urban Meyer can't say enough good things about Chad Jackson's work ethic. This is the kind of coachable guy I can see playing for the Skins. It would be nice to find a guy that's more than happy to actually go across the middle and block downfield.

I doubt he has Art Monk talent but if he has 3/4 of Art's work ethic then I think he'd be a great fit.

That said, there are a LOT of guys on this list that I'd be happy to get. :)

Archived