Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the Toughest Player in the NFL, hands down?

edgun88

what!? no Jason Witten? he played with a broken Jaw (obviously operated on), half a season. that's one tough SOB. :)

Same thing happened to Peyton Manning except he only missed ONE play. Came back in with a bloody and swollen jaw and by next game he was wired shut for much of the remainder of the season. A lot of people (especially the ones who say Manning isn't tough) don't know this.

Favre. He's the Cal Ripken Jr. of the NFL. I'm not a fan of the "Brett Favre is god" crowd that so many people are a part of, but the man has taken some brutal hits and played with painful injuries. As far as longevity goes, the award has to go to Favre.

Even though I've said it a million times, Pat Ramsey during the Spurrier era was a tough son of a *****.

There. I've said it a million and one times.

Hines ward. Never seen a guy take so many blasts and keep going. I've almost never seen him drop the ball either(see the Denver game when he not only stopped Bailey from intercepting the pass, but tipped it up, caught it and took a HUGE shot by Lynch, only to hold on to the ball, get up and signal first-down.)

THAT is tough!

Same thing happened to Peyton Manning except he only missed ONE play. Came back in with a bloody and swollen jaw and by next game he was wired shut for much of the remainder of the season. A lot of people (especially the ones who say Manning isn't tough) don't know this.

Let's not forget that we didn't even find out until almost the end of the season that ST had been playing with a seperated shoulder the entire season and STILL layed the wood on guys every week.

stop being homers. Larry Allen is 1 tough mofo. he deserves it. some times i hate when we as homers make dumb comments like that.

What do you mean stop being homers? The injury Joe Salevae'a is an incredibly painful injury. Extrcutiating even. I believe it is even more painful then broken thumbs. Thats not a homer vote at all.

Lorenzo Neal, Hands down

This guy is one of the nastiest fullbacks in the NFL and is a huge part why Ladanian Tomlinson is such a good back. If you saw him yesterday at the Pro Bowl- Skills Challenge you wouldn't beleive has big this guy is.

Anyway, Let's here who you guys think is the #1 toughest player in the NFL.

If we could sign Chuck Norris to an NFL contract, that would render all these questions moot... :silly:

Bill Gramatica

billgramatica.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I remember watching that when it happened. Boy, the Gramatica Bros were a hot sensation when they came to the league, but now they are simply has-beens.

My vote for toughest player: Steve McNair. The man gets beaten and bruised each game but still tries to tough it out. Ramsey gets another vote just for enduring the Spurrier Era.

stop being homers. Larry Allen is 1 tough mofo. he deserves it. some times i hate when we as homers make dumb comments like that.

The question wasn't who is the strongest. It is who is the TOUGHEST. There is a difference. If you can lift a ton but you play soft, then you are not the toughest.

Archived