Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the Toughest Player in the NFL, hands down?

edgun88

Lorenzo Neal, Hands down

This guy is one of the nastiest fullbacks in the NFL and is a huge part why Ladanian Tomlinson is such a good back. If you saw him yesterday at the Pro Bowl- Skills Challenge you wouldn't beleive has big this guy is.

Anyway, Let's here who you guys think is the #1 toughest player in the NFL.

Not tryin to be a homer here, but I can't think of a player who strikes fear into more players than Sean Taylor, and don't forget that Lorenzo Neal got blown the hell up by ST this season, just go check out some of the highlight films and I'm sure the play will be in there somewhere. Whereas most safety's would go for the legs, ST goes straight up leadin with the shoulder and destroys Neal. ST is the toughest SOB in the NFL.

I don't think picking Portis is Homerish at all. I mean the guy sells out on every play and you know he was hurt in the playoffs and still gave it his all. And even though I've mentioned it about 50 times since it happened, I still say that block on Quarels was the hardest block I've ever seen. I mean he was out like a light, for a few seconds, then he didn't know where he was after he wobbled to his feet. Also I think Sean Taylor is right up there on the tough-guy list. I agree with jasimpson...ST hits high, no matter who it is, every time. There's nothing he would rather do than leap at someone and give them the flying clothesline or just the good old facemask to facemask slobberknocker. Playing with pain counts, we know Taylor and Portis have both fought through injuries.

stop being homers. Larry Allen is 1 tough mofo. he deserves it. some times i hate when we as homers make dumb comments like that.

So are you saying Clinton Portis is not tough ?

I can't think of another back his size that blocks with the same heart and attitude. I will also say, if the Skins use him the same way as we did during the play off run , his career will go the way of another TOUGH Redskin running back ...Larry Brown. You may be too young to remember Larry Brown but his career was cut short because he sacrificed his body and we ran him into the ground and he never complained (much like CP but not quite the blocker).

I don't know why anyone would have a problem w/ Joe Sal. The man performed "self surgery" for plantar facitis to get back into the line up.

Since you feel the authority to call out homers, please tell me why these men are not among the toughest in the NFL.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any receivers. What about Anquan Boldin? He's not scared of going across the middle and it takes at least two people to bring him down. Does anyone remember that insane touchdown he had against the 49ers when he broke at least seven tackles?

Going with the QB theme of McNair and Leftwich....and Favre, i hate to say it but you gotta put McNabb in there...he was the Steve McNair of this year...kid plays hobbled and I respect that...but if going Old School you have to throw Deacon, Butkus, Brown, and Bednarik in that mix.

Going with the QB theme of McNair and Leftwich....and Favre, i hate to say it but you gotta put McNabb in there...he was the Steve McNair of this year...kid plays hobbled and I respect that...but if going Old School you have to throw Deacon, Butkus, Brown, and Bednarik in that mix.

It's painful to admit, but you're right. When he broke his ankle a couple of years ago he broke it early in the first quarter and played the whole game on a broken leg (ok, so fractured fibula sounds a little less dramatic). Also, Stephen Davis needs to be up there despite his last few years (still mad about that one, I know, I'd rather have Portis too but Davis was a true Redskin). Who else remembers him playing through sprained knees and whatever else. In fact, I seem to remember him playing with an elbow-down cast on a broken ball carrying arm one year, too. Can anyone else remember that or am I just hallucinating?

Here's a blast from the past - and a homer one at that - how about Doug Williams in SB XXII - many people forget that he went down with a knee injury (pretty scary looking one at that) - fortunately it looked worse than it ended up. We all know how he responded, playing on the bum knee.

Archived