Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good news for us on Antonio Bryant!

FootballGuy2677

Here's a stat that might turn some people off of Bryant: His drops aren't THAT bad (although terpfan is correct that you can't compare him to other players who had significantly more targets), but his catches/target ratio is pretty bad.

His ratio is 69/123, which comes out to 56% of the time he was targeted, he made the catch. Obviously, that is influenced partly by the fact that his QB play was poor, but it is not a very impressive statistic to say the least.

Other top WRs are well over 60% in catches/targets, and here are some of the other players we might be targeting in this FA season:

Reggie Wayne: 83/122 = 68%

David Givens: 59/95 = 62%

Joe Jurevicius: 55/84 = 65%

Eric Moulds: 81/129 = 63%

Antwaan Randle El: 35/69 = 50%

As you can see here, the first 4 available (or possibly available) WRs had a significantly

higher percentage of catches per target. I think this makes them much more attractive than a Bryant or a Randle El because, for whatever reason, those players create a completion significantly more often when the ball comes their way. This is especially more important for us when you consider we are set as far as pure deep threats go with Santana and Patten, and instead need consistency.

some very good points. a lot has to do with the patterns run and the accuracy of the qb. but a possession receiver should have a higher percentage

actually, it was a series of conflicts with tuna that led up to the towel throwing incident

The Tuna and God aka Joe Gibbs are polar opposites, Parcells thrives on intimidation and even humiliation, Gibbs has never been known to blow his lid on a player in front of teammates.

i hope bryant signs here too, but seriously, you can't judge a player's talents based on a dropped pass in a skills challenge while he's on vacation and it doesn't count. some of those things shot out so fast and so high at some guys that they didn't even bother to make the effort to jump for it.

good point..

Wayne - Pro bowl qb.

Givens- Pro Bowl qb

Jerevicius- Super bowl qb

Moulds - No clue, maybe he's just good

Randle El - Super bowl winning qb

That's what these guys have to work with compared to who in Cleveland? Anybody who has as many dropped passes as Steve Smith and probably hates Dallas as much as I do should be atleast consider, you know what I mean? Givens and Bryant should be affordable, that's a reasonable WR core to go with Moss and AB when he gets back. :)

moulds IS good and has been good for quite a while. lately the buffalo qb'ing has been poor.

i hope bryant signs here too, but seriously, you can't judge a player's talents based on a dropped pass in a skills challenge while he's on vacation and it doesn't count. some of those things shot out so fast and so high at some guys that they didn't even bother to make the effort to jump for it.

It just the fact that he was the only guy to drop the pass, if others had done it I could understand. You could see him thinking in his head after the drop "thats gunna cost me a couple mil"...

antonio was drafted by dallas to be the next irvin. he does posess good speed and can make some amazing catches,however he can also be shut down easily by his sometimes poor route running and average hands. as a 3rd. receiver i think hed be awesome for any team but for a 1 or 2 he doesnt have it. he was not thrown to as much in dallas as witten, who was by no means a long ball receiving threat but was at least surehanded.

still, he was on terry glenn mercilessly, but still was able to work with him. i think it was bryants refusal to take stuff from tuna that did it.

Ya, but i cant blame him for that. I wouldnt put up with parcell's **** if i thought i could make it somewhere else either. Hail Bryant :applause:

BRING HIM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im all about Bryant. The BEST free agent WR aside from Lloyd if you ask me. Forget Wayne, Raandle El, etc....this is the guy we should be targeting.

People forget, we still have Patten across from Moss too. A big guy like Bryant would be perfect. Hes only getting better.

Yea even the Browns fans agree with me.

He drops way to much ball and is a complete mememe player. We might as well re-sign Rod Gardner if we want Antonio Bryant.

P.S I take that back, heres a list of whos dropped more balls than Bryant

Plaxico Burress 11

Musshin Muhammad 11

Dante Stallwort 10

Antonio Gates 9

Chad Johnson 9

Tory Holt 8

Roy Williams 8

Joey Galloway 8

Santana Moss 8

Tied with Steve Smith for 7

There are more, but to me these were some of the notables.

That list is very impressive, some huge names! Sign him, if he's on a list with those guys, I want him even more now!

ANTONIO BRYANT for our #2 WR:fingersx:

Archived