Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good news for us on Antonio Bryant!

FootballGuy2677

Got this from a Browns website. Good news for all you Antonio Bryant wanters.

http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1442709&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

---------------------------------------------------

NFL INSIDER

Bryant probably will not be back with the Browns

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tony Grossi

Plain Dealer Reporter

Antonio Bryant, the fifth player in Browns history to post 1,000 yards receiving in a season, likely will not return to the team.

The Browns have decided to move on without Bryant, who becomes an unrestricted free agent on March 3. They just can't bring themselves to state it publicly.

"We're kind of wait-and-see on that one," General Manager Phil Savage said of Bryant. "He wants to test [free agency] a little bit. I think it probably helps us a little bit that way, too."

Lamont Smith, Bryant's agent, disputed that Bryant wants to test free agency.

Yea even the Browns fans agree with me.

He drops way to much ball and is a complete mememe player. We might as well re-sign Rod Gardner if we want Antonio Bryant.

P.S I take that back, heres a list of whos dropped more balls than Bryant

Plaxico Burress 11

Musshin Muhammad 11

Dante Stallwort 10

Antonio Gates 9

Chad Johnson 9

Tory Holt 8

Roy Williams 8

Joey Galloway 8

Santana Moss 8

Tied with Steve Smith for 7

There are more, but to me these were some of the notables.

Brown's got that million dollar body but 2-cent head.

*cough* Michael Westbrook *cough*

It's easy to joke about Westbrook now but I can't help wondering how his career would have turned out had he played for Joe Gibbs.

As for Antonio Bryant, that would be an excellent question for pro scout extraordinaire Louis Riddick. I'd still prefer David Givens but it will be interesting to see who we approach come March 1.

It's easy to joke about Westbrook now but I can't help wondering how his career would have turned out had he played for Joe Gibbs.

As for Antonio Bryant, that would be an excellent question for pro scout extraordinaire Louis Riddick. I'd still prefer David Givens but it will be interesting to see who we approach come March 1.

I agree I thought Westbrook was really really good but he kept getting hurt. Anyway, I wouldn't mind giving Bryant a look. How can anyone not like the guy? He threw a jersey in Parcells face! :cheers:

He drops way to much ball and is a complete mememe player. We might as well re-sign Rod Gardner if we want Antonio Bryant.

Plaxico Burress 11

Musshin Muhammad 11

Dante Stallwort 10

Antonio Gates 9

Chad Johnson 9

Tory Holt 8

Roy Williams 8

Joey Galloway 8

Santana Moss 8

Most of those other guys were targeted way more than Bryant...

the problem with Givens is that he carries a 'premium' because he has rings from the Patriots that will cost teams in free agency, as we found out with David Patten.

I don't know if anyone on the Pats offense is worth big money beyond Brady, Dillon and Deion Branch.

It seems as if they can mix and match guys in at the other spots and not miss a beat.

The Redskins are an attractive team right now. Moss is already on board as is Portis. The line is solid. The team is coming off a 10-6 record and second round playoff appearance.

There won't be as much pressure coming here for a guy like Bryant as there would be going elsewhere. He would come in as the #2 with a chance to work himself into a prominent role.

He does have good speed and good size. At 25 he may be a reasonable risk depending on the dollars.

Randle El will get more attention in FA due to the Steelers Super Bowl victory.

i don't want any more ex-cowboys on this team...... they have all been bad desicions

HE threw a jersey in parcell's face and basically told him screw you im outta here. Besides he doesnt drop as many balls as most people think, and he did receive pretty much ALL the balls out here in cleveland. With winslow down (again :doh: ) and braylon getting hurt later on in the season, as well as hardly playing earlier in the season, bryant got almost everything. He'd be a pretty decent number 2 but i'd still rather have lloyd or koren robinson, both of whom would be probably cheaper and better.

Demetric Evans started his career in Dallas. So did Brandon Noble.

We have gotten some quality mileage out of these guys.

I think the secret is not to acquire any players from Dallas that are showboats :laugh:

We don't need any Deions, Keyshawns, Terry Glenns, etc.. here in Washington.

But the work a day players? There are a number of guys I would take.

One would be tight end Dan Campbell. He is a very good blocker, much better than Robert Royal, and is a very heady player as well.

Got this from a Browns website. Good news for all you Antonio Bryant wanters.

http://dawgtalk.clevelandbrowns.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1442709&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

---------------------------------------------------

NFL INSIDER

Bryant probably will not be back with the Browns

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tony Grossi

Plain Dealer Reporter

Antonio Bryant, the fifth player in Browns history to post 1,000 yards receiving in a season, likely will not return to the team.

The Browns have decided to move on without Bryant, who becomes an unrestricted free agent on March 3. They just can't bring themselves to state it publicly.

"We're kind of wait-and-see on that one," General Manager Phil Savage said of Bryant. "He wants to test [free agency] a little bit. I think it probably helps us a little bit that way, too."

Lamont Smith, Bryant's agent, disputed that Bryant wants to test free agency.

i saw that as well. if his head is finally screwed on right, and if his asking price is reasonable he could be an ideal player for the skins for next year and beyond. he has fine talent for certain.

Brown's got that million dollar body but 2-cent head.

*cough* Michael Westbrook *cough*

maybe... his body has not broken down the way westbrooks did and his head was more a question of maturity than anything else. but you are correct, that the team that signs him will be taking a risk. still, he has a fine upside and is young and he did catch over 1,000 yards worth of passes for a team with bad qb's..

Plaxico Burress 11

Musshin Muhammad 11

Dante Stallwort 10

Antonio Gates 9

Chad Johnson 9

Tory Holt 8

Roy Williams 8

Joey Galloway 8

Santana Moss 8

you are on to something..

his rate of catch was 53% of balls thrown to him. that is low for a possession receiver. mccardell was over 60% and givens was about 58% i believe

look at how accurate the passers were. frye and the others in cleveland were not exactly known for their accuracy. of course brunell threw a lot of "medicine" balls as well

agree with your posting completely

Cleveland was an awful team in 2004 and 2005. I wouldn't generalize too much over the stats except to note that Bryant was able to stay healthy and be productive in a scheme where the team didn't know who the quarterback was going to be from week to week.

Exactly, and he's got some wheels and i think he'd be a great asset. He just seems to get open and he looked great with frye in there and anytime you can put up stats with a qb like dilfer, you are probably pretty good. Sure, they're are better guys out there but with our money situation, a guy like this that might be had for a lot less money (he seems a lot more humble and presented few if any problems that i can remember for the browns last year) would be great for us.

I agree I thought Westbrook was really really good but he kept getting hurt. Anyway, I wouldn't mind giving Bryant a look. How can anyone not like the guy? He threw a jersey in Parcells face! :cheers:

for certain, he would look to light the cowboys up every time we played them.

he reminds me of michael irvin... that was the comparison made coming out of college. the guy does have talent for certain

the problem with Givens is that he carries a 'premium' because he has rings from the Patriots that will cost teams in free agency, as we found out with David Patten.

I don't know if anyone on the Pats offense is worth big money beyond Brady, Dillon and Deion Branch.

It seems as if they can mix and match guys in at the other spots and not miss a beat.

The Redskins are an attractive team right now. Moss is already on board as is Portis. The line is solid. The team is coming off a 10-6 record and second round playoff appearance.

There won't be as much pressure coming here for a guy like Bryant as there would be going elsewhere. He would come in as the #2 with a chance to work himself into a prominent role.

He does have good speed and good size. At 25 he may be a reasonable risk depending on the dollars.

Randle El will get more attention in FA due to the Steelers Super Bowl victory.

agreed. but randle el seems to me to be more of a specialty player rather than an every down player. even when burress moved on, randle el was not the clear number 2. that feel to journeyman cedric wilson. i think randle el is just too small for what we need. also, he catches only around 50% of the balls thrown at him.

i like givens but his asking price may be steep. still, he would be exactly what we need for the long run. but there are clearly other players who could.

i expect the skins will make their decision made in a hurry on mar 3...

Archived