Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glazer says Skins interested in Jet's Abraham

REDMAN7

Seriously, half of the members of ExtremeSkins just took their pants off at the idea of Abraham coming to town. Thanks a lot. Now we're going to have to see 1,000's more of those moronic "Ramsey and a draft pick for Abraham and Mangini" trade idea posts. I don't know which is worse - those or every "This is my mock draft" post.

Can the regular season come back already?

Ramsey for Abraham and a 3rd :D

On FOX Sports TV today, Jay Glazer said the Redskins are interested in obtaining the Jet's DE John Abraham. He did not go into details, but he did make this statement.

"The guy the Redskins are going to go after is...the Jet's John Abraham"

Click link, then scroll down and click on SUPER BOWL SHOW: NEWS to see comment. (under NFL VIDEO column on right hand side) You'll have to wait a while until Glazer comes on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5300680

he is not without risk. he has whine a lot in public throughout his career. he has also gotten nicked alot it seems. i see him as a potential javon kearse- a guy who will command a big payday but may disappoint with production.

high risk/high yield player.

i would prefer someone like raheem brock or aaron kampman.

if freeney is available due to the salary cap-- that is the guy i would go after as hard as i could..

Abraham is a me-first player and I think the Redskins really have to take a look at how he fits into the concept of team here in DC before we pull the trigger on a deal for big dollars for him.

Anyone remember Abraham sitting out a couple of games with the Jets in the playoff hunt back in 2003 because of his upcoming status as a FA who didn't want to risk losing dollars by playing on an injured ankle?

yup.. that is my impression as well. he goes public when he is not happy. plus he gets nicked some.

i would prefer freeney if he were available over abraham

They can always throw the transition tag on him and see what happens.

Should be interesting either because if available, I can see Parcells wanting to go after him.

Especially if Ellis is traded or released.

ellis would be a good fit for the skins as well. he is far better inthe 4/3 than the 3/4 and has said so. parcells knows it as well. he is gonna be behind canty next year also

If this is true, then it means that Gregg Williams must have looked at footage of this guy playing and decided he is a good fit for the defense. I believe Gibbs and Williams like complete defensive ends as opposed to pure pass rushers. In other words they like guys who can play the run as well as the pass.

I have always liked Abraham but I admit to not having seen him play really. Is he someone who can be an every down player? Or does he have to come out in situations where the other team is likely to run the ball?

betts ramsey and 2nd rounder next yr for abraham???

Some may think that's too much, but we don't play Ramsey, Betts is great but does get inured and we still would have Rock & Nemo along with the Great Canadian Influx that may turn out, and next year is next year. I still dunno, though. :laugh:

Archived