Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nemo Broughton?

Doodie987

I guess you could call me a homer........when it comes to Rock. It has been that way for the past 10 years. He will do what is best for himself and his family. Hopefully, this will all work out for the best for all concerned.

Blondie

Rock's talent and heart I don't think is really a secret around the league, so it is a very good possibility another team that uses a pass catching fullback may come along and offer him not only more money, but the opportunity for more playing time. - For some reason I could see him landing in Cleveland.

Guest GibbSkins11
I live in Charleston and know that Nemo is a beast.I have friend that thinks Nemo will be the next Riggo.

ur friend must not know who riggo is:doh:

So...if Nemo = Riggo2... than he must have a nickname. People don't realize that Riggo wasn't huge... just thick in the trunk. I doubt Riggo was ever 250lbs. like Nemo is reported to be. I really like the "Nemosapien" nickname.... kind of like a new species of man.

If he can learn the patience that I think made Riggo so valuable.... it would be equivalent to the Redskins winning the NFL jackpot. I think every NFL team needs a guy who can simply move the pile.... yet in Riggo's case he could also hit the seam and bring hell to those who tried to drag him down downfield. Here's to hoping Nemo is that kind of back.

I really just dont understand people who expect to hear news frequently of players that arent even first or second stringers. Nemo had 3 very good backs in front of him, what did you expect him to get carries wise?

Basing your interpretation of a players ability on preseason is just foolhardy. Preseason is preseason.

Byner was ready to push Betts and Rock out the door it seemed. Nemo seemed like his favorite player of all time or something.

He didn't play last year because the coaching staff views him as a developmental player who they want to bring along slowly, much like Campbell. So Rock got carries instead just like Ramsey got snaps in front of Campbell.

But I don't expect him to get a ton of carries this season either because Betts has one year left on his deal. I also think they will surely resign Rock. So I can see them carrying 4 RBs again this year.

I think Betts will depart after next season though, which will open the door for Nemo.

Why do you think "it seemed" like Byner was ready to push Betts and Rock out the door? Evidence? Quotes? Anything?

The only thing I heard regarding this was from Rock himself, who said that he wanted to stay with the Skins but acknowledged that Nemo is cheaper.

I think what Doodie987 was referring to was that we all heard that the coaching staff was very high on him after preseason (pleased enough to keep him on the regular roster as a 4th RB). He then spent an entire regular season practicing with the ball club, but we (or I at least) haven't heard much about him since preseason. Since he has had a full season to update the coaching staff's impressions of him, it is not unbelievable that someone at some point has a quote from one of the coaches about Nemo's development since preseason. It would be interesting to know if they are still high on him... especially with some posters throwing around the idea of trading Betts (an idea which I, personally, am against).

Yea! What he said.

Rock is a solid, "Gibbs" type of player. But in this era of cap and free agency, he may get a better offer somewhere else. I hope he stays a Skin: for his effort, his heart, his skills as a backup. But money talks.

I thought Nemo was a wasted pick. I hoped for an OL or DL. I am still waiting for the retread Bugel to develop a lower round or free agent pick into a decent offensive lineman. I respect Byner. I hope he is right about Nemo.

:)

I thought that he had a pretty good preseason. He was challenging Rock for the third roster spot at RB. I think that the redskins are pretty well stocked at RB. I just worry that people are wanting the cancer to come to washington. I hope that doesn't happen.

• 1 month later...

Archived