Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 14th pick....the Eagles take....

Number5

Chad Greenway......OLB University of Iowa....

6'4"

245 Lbs.

4.55 Speed

Mel Kiper will say...

"Chad Greenway is a top-of-the-line tackler anywhere on the field who rarely misses a tackle. This is important in a division featuring small shifty back like Clinton Portis and Tiki Barber. His speed allows him to drop back into coverage as well as anyone, and he can run with any tight end in the league. Again this is important going against the likes of Shockey and Cooley. He was named to the all-Big 10 team the past two years, as well as earning a place on Iowa's "Hustle Team" in each of the last two seasons which should bolster a often overmatch LB corps in Philly. Greenway will be a true sideline-to-sideline linebacker in the NFL who will fit in perfectly with the packages put together by Jim Johnson and put the Eagles defenses back on the radar as an elite unit."

uhhhh this is the Redskin message board. who cares what the iggles do?

No this is the Around the NFL message board.. lol

I think that Chad Greenway would be a great pick for the eagles. I think the Browns might pick him with their #12 pick though. So I'll say LB Demeco Ryans out of Alabama.

To the two "characters" who decided to put their noses into my thread.....allow me to provide you with a moment of clarity. Though this is a Redskins board, this forum is called "Around the Nfl" as TaylorMade pointed out to. With this fact in mind, it would be a good idea if you stayed on your side of the board because this is the area where teams OTHER THAN THE REDSKINS are discussed. So while the two gentlemen clearly only posted in this topic to raise either their post total or to be a :jerk: I find it comical that they even posted in this thread. For someone to say....WHO CARES WHAT THE EAGLES DO......obviously you two do, because after all, you read and replied in the thread. :rolleyes:

To the two "characters" who decided to put their noses into my thread.....allow me to provide you with a moment of clarity. Though this is a Redskins board, this forum is called "Around the Nfl" as TaylorMade pointed out to. With this fact in mind, it would be a good idea if you stayed on your side of the board because this is the area where teams OTHER THAN THE REDSKINS are discussed. So while the two gentlemen clearly only posted in this topic to raise either their post total or to be a :jerk: I find it comical that they even posted in this thread. For someone to say....WHO CARES WHAT THE EAGLES DO......obviously you two do, because after all, you read and replied in the thread. :rolleyes:

first of all jerkweed i was joking. second this may be around the nfl but it is still the Redskins message board. so if you want to talk about the iggles why come to ES at all? dont you philthy fans have a board of your own? its like going to a bakery for ribs.

first of all jerkweed i was joking. second this may be around the nfl but it is still the Redskins message board. so if you want to talk about the iggles why come to ES at all? dont you philthy fans have a board of your own? its like going to a bakery for ribs.

First off.....getcha weight up (i.e. post some more) before you talk to grown ups kiddo.....you might have to sit at the little kids table now! :laugh: Second off all, I've been on this board talking Eagles, Redskins, Giants, etc. longer than you've been a member. As far as your comment about going to a bakery for ribs......your lack of wit and failed attempt to be funny was pathetic at best. Please refrain from using jerkweed ever again in the form of text. Clearly someone your age could come up with something better than that........ :doh:

Lighten up, buddy. This is Around the NFL. Maybe some of us want the opinions of other NFL fans other than the circle jerk and constant argueing at the Eagles board.

First off.....getcha weight up (i.e. post some more) before you talk to grown ups kiddo.....you might have to sit at the little kids table now! :laugh: Second off all, I've been on this board talking Eagles, Redskins, Giants, etc. longer than you've been a member. As far as your comment about going to a bakery for ribs......your lack of wit and failed attempt to be funny was pathetic at best. Please refrain from using jerkweed ever again in the form of text. Clearly someone your age could come up with something better than that........ :doh:

"getcha weight up" that is hillarious. how about grow up, chump. "bwahhaaaa, ive been a member longer than you have" cry me a river. coming to the Redskins board to discuss the iggles proves your intelligence, or lack thereof.

and for the record, i wasnt attempting to be funny. i was trying to show you the irony of your post. how stupid would you consider me if i went to the philthy board to discuss anything Redskins?

and for the record, i wasnt attempting to be funny. i was trying to show you the irony of your post. how stupid would you consider me if i went to the philthy board to discuss anything Redskins?

People do it all the time in our "Around the NFL" section. You should come by.....we sometimes have good discussions over there like here.

"getcha weight up" that is hillarious. how about grow up, chump. "bwahhaaaa, ive been a member longer than you have" cry me a river. coming to the Redskins board to discuss the iggles proves your intelligence, or lack thereof.

Again, I feel compelled to comment......

"AROUND THE NFL" is a section designed for fans of other teams to discuss well.....other things......

As far as lack of intellegence....if you had done your homework, you would have noticed that I talk football......whether it be Eagles, Skins, even Raiders and Chiefs. But then again, wouldn't expect for you to have noticed seeing how you would rather try to puff your chest out by calling people stupid. As far as calling you stupid for going to an Eagles site, they too, like most NFL sites have forums for fans of other teams, normally called <Around The NFL, where they can talk about things other than the home team. Again, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

I wouldn't consider you stupid at all.....in fact I would say that "you were a person who wasn't afraid to leave your current comfort level on your home website; that you are a person who is willing to experience other NFL websites and enjoy the experience of talking football with people other than Redskins fans; and that as a person, you were trying to grow."

my guess for the eagles would be RB lendal white ..... i hope not tho

White will have a very good showing at either the combine (if he is invited) or at his USC pro day and will move up into the top 15 picks IMO.

Hopefully this will keep him out of the Eagles sights, because I dont want to see him and Westbrook lined up in the backfield at the same time.

I would say that a LB would be a good choice for the Eagles but the Eagles offense is going to be a bit different now that Childress is gone and that they might look into actually drafting a #1 RB or a true #1 WR

We drafted a true number 1 WR last year. You might have heard of him......Reggie Brown.

Now back to the topic......from what I've read, he has already been approached by Reid and company as well as a wr from Oregon whose last name is Orr. He's 6'3" and is a more physical/bulkier/healthier version of Pinky.

But we need a LB who can cover Cooley and Shockey......and one who can stay with the moves of Clint and Tiki......

We drafted a true number 1 WR last year. You might have heard of him......Reggie Brown.

:laugh: I dont consider brown anything but a prospect for you guys. He hasnt had any chemistry with McNabb (due to the injury). 16 games payed in, 11 started and only 571 yards receiving, 13.3 yards avg YPC and 4 TD's for a #1 receiver in a pass happy offense? http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407234

compare that to the much maligned (at least here) Mike Williams http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552678

14 games played, 4 started, 350 yards receiving, 12.1 ypc average, and 1 TD.

I would say that a LB would be a good choice for the Eagles but the Eagles offense is going to be a bit different now that Childress is gone and that they might look into actually drafting a #1 RB or a true #1 WR

Very true.....alot depends in my eyes to the OLine and what they will do. The most important person could be either John Runyan or Jamaal Jackson. If Runyan stays and Jackson starts, the team will run the ball much more with better success.......if Runyan leaves and Fraley starts, then they probably will revert to the offensive mindset of pass first second and third downs.......

Archived