Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And with the 14th pick....the Eagles take....

Number5

:laugh: I dont consider brown anything but a prospect for you guys. He hasnt had any chemistry with McNabb (due to the injury). 16 games payed in, 11 started and only 571 yards receiving, 13.3 yards avg YPC and 4 TD's for a #1 receiver in a pass happy offense? http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407234

compare that to the much maligned (at least here) Mike Williams http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552678

14 games played, 4 started, 350 yards receiving, 12.1 ypc average, and 1 TD.

Good point, but can we throw in the TO Factor? What I mean is that McNabb almost seemed forced to throw the ball to Owens every single play. McNabb has stated that he felt he had good chemistry with Reggie, just that things didn't work out that way at the start. I can see that they will be fine, especially after another Camp McNabb in Arizona.

:laugh: I dont consider brown anything but a prospect for you guys. He hasnt had any chemistry with McNabb (due to the injury). 16 games payed in, 11 started and only 571 yards receiving, 13.3 yards avg YPC and 4 TD's for a #1 receiver in a pass happy offense? http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407234

compare that to the much maligned (at least here) Mike Williams http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552678

14 games played, 4 started, 350 yards receiving, 12.1 ypc average, and 1 TD.

I hope you are kidding. Number 1, you are comparing the 34th pick to the 11th pick.....btw, Brown still bested his numbers and every other receiver who was drafted this year's numbers besides Edwards.

He was getting the ball thrown to him by Mike McMahon who was a total disaster. If you don't think he will be much better under McNabb, well, I don't know what to say.

Also, recievers usually don't even totally grasp the WCO until their third year.....all reports say Brown's learning curve is further along than any other drafted receiver under Reid.

Finally, he totally owned your team both games last year.....how can you try to downplay the kid? Look at other prolific WRs in the NFL and tell me how they did their first year. Shoot, RBs numbers are better than TOs his rookie year. Brown didn't "start" until TO was kicked off the team. He had his coming out party against you on Sunday night.....remember?

In short, I can appreciate you trying to knock down one of our young stars, but at least be fair about it. You can't categorically say he isn't going to be a number 1 based off of last year. As a matter of fact, the argument to the contrary is much stronger.

Now back to the topic......from what I've read, he has already been approached by Reid and company as well as a wr from Oregon whose last name is Orr. He's 6'3" and is a more physical/bulkier/healthier version of Pinky.

But we need a LB who can cover Cooley and Shockey......and one who can stay with the moves of Clint and Tiki......

no mention of witten?

i belive hes the only one who will be playing i nthe pro bowl

I could see the Eagles taking Greenway, but there also going to probably be some good DEs still available. I was figuring on the Eagles going after a DT to replace Simon, but it doesn't look like any elite DTs will be left by the time the Eagles draft.

Onedrop,

Around the NFL is where you go to find out what other teams are doing. It's often interesting to see what fans of other teams think their team is going to do. You sound a little foolish in this thread.

I hope you are kidding. Number 1, you are comparing the 34th pick to the 11th pick.....btw, Brown still bested his numbers and every other receiver who was drafted this year's numbers besides Edwards.

He was getting the ball thrown to him by Mike McMahon who was a total disaster. If you don't think he will be much better under McNabb, well, I don't know what to say.

Also, recievers usually don't even totally grasp the WCO until their third year.....all reports say Brown's learning curve is further along than any other drafted receiver under Reid.

Finally, he totally owned your team both games last year.....how can you try to downplay the kid? Look at other prolific WRs in the NFL and tell me how they did their first year. Shoot, RBs numbers are better than TOs his rookie year. Brown didn't "start" until TO was kicked off the team. He had his coming out party against you on Sunday night.....remember?

Haha. Yeah a game that he was lined up against either Walt Harris or Ade Jimoh and that Shawn Springs had the groin injury and that Carlos Rogers didn't play in. Bravo! :laugh:

In short, I can appreciate you trying to knock down one of our young stars, but at least be fair about it. You can't categorically say he isn't going to be a number 1 based off of last year. As a matter of fact, the argument to the contrary is much stronger.

Your team has alot of stars on it, and your not giving them the respect due by granting this kid the same status as the rest of them.

Good point, but can we throw in the TO Factor? What I mean is that McNabb almost seemed forced to throw the ball to Owens every single play. McNabb has stated that he felt he had good chemistry with Reggie, just that things didn't work out that way at the start. I can see that they will be fine, especially after another Camp McNabb in Arizona.

McNabb (sadly) will be back to form next year and probably more dangerous than he has been in a while if your new OC keeps a decent run/pass balance.

To just finish my thought here, your defense is pretty much set with the exception of WSLB and maybe LDE. Either one can be filled with free agency as the salary cap isnt a concern for your team at the moment. Jim Johnson IMO is one of the top 5 DC's in the league. He will do what he needs to do.

Your offense is another matter. You can either pay Runyan or if he goes, fill that void with a FA. That is not a position that you fill with a rookie on a team 1 year removed from the SB.

If youre going to go back to a more balanced WCO instead of playing some hybrid WCO/Mike Martz version, you're going to need an upgrade at WR (Pinkson, Lewis, Brown and McCants isnt too scary) and youre going to need a between the tackles RB to balance out the advantages and disadvantages of Brian Westbrook. And please don't sell me a load about Correll Buckhalter. The man has played 30 games in 5 years.

OldSkool, simple question. What more would you have liked to see out of Brown in his first year for you to think he has number 1 potential? For you to dismiss him after having a very good rookie year by WR standards is sounding foolish to me.....especially with MM throwing him the ball. Help me out here.

OldSkool, simple question. What more would you have liked to see out of Brown in his first year for you to think he has number 1 potential? For you to dismiss him after having a very good rookie year by WR standards is sounding foolish to me.....especially with MM throwing him the ball. Help me out here.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying that the kids doesnt have potential or isnt going to be at least a decent #1 WR. My statement before and is now, is that you are expecting alot of a WR that was the 34th pick taken.

Yes you had a nightmare year last year. but im not talking about that. What Im talking about is 2006. Is your team expecting a 2nd year player who didnt really have a stellar college career ( 840 yards receiving and 6TD's as a senior at UGA http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_reggie00.html) to be your legit #1? I'd think that your FO would be looking at a vet to step into that #1 WR slot and let your young guys (Lewis and Brown) grow into their positions and maybe use that 1st round pick and get a WR that as a better collegiate petigree.

I can't believe you are quoting college stats and draft position instead of ACTUAL NFL PERFORMANCE.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to stop talking to you regarding this as you can't be relied on to make reasonable arguments.

haha. Ok suit yourself. metrics dont lie, you can only make them see what you want them to tell you.

Again this kid has potential, but are you willing to go into 2006 with CBuck and Westbook as your RB and your fab 4 at WR? Answer me that and Ill drop the subject, since you dont want to play along anymore it seems. :D

Again this kid has potential, but are you willing to go into 2006 with CBuck and Westbook as your RB and your fab 4 at WR? Answer me that and Ill drop the subject, since you dont want to play along anymore it seems. :D

Well, Andy Reid is a lot of things but he's not a stupid man. I don't think CBuck will be counted on at all. As a matter of fact, I have predicted that we will pick up Davenport since he is a big WCO back, coming off an injury, and will come relatively cheap.

I'm satisfied at WR. Just because none of the names impress you, the Eagles will be able to win games with them. The WCO is all about spreading the ball and knowledge of the system. I'm confident with the horses we have, IF Pinkston is 100 percent from the injury. That being said, I wouldn't mind signing an older WCO WR like Jurivicious for a year or two.

First, good to see you posting Number5.

Reid picking a LB in the first round would be a HUGE departure for him.

He likes to draft linemen first, and fill in linebacker almost as an afterthought. Dahani at SAM? Adams on the weakside? They absolutely need an upgrade, but I just don't see Reid doing it.

I think Greenway is great, but I see the Eagles filling these needs first.

DE

OL

WR

As for linebacker, they absolutely need to shake things up, but I see it in Free agency. Julian Peterson or Will Witherspoon could fit in nicely.

How many LBs will they carry. Seven maybe?

Trotter

Dahani

Adams

McCoy

Greg Richmond

Mark Simineau

Dedrick Roper

Jason Short

If they sign a FA and let two of the above go, maybe Roper and Adams (Reid loves Sims for some reason), that's seven. Greenway would be a rookie when Reid already has prospects he's hoping will work out.

Well, Andy Reid is a lot of things but he's not a stupid man. I don't think CBuck will be counted on at all. As a matter of fact, I have predicted that we will pick up Davenport since he is a big WCO back, coming off an injury, and will come relatively cheap.

I'm satisfied at WR. Just because none of the names impress you, the Eagles will be able to win games with them. The WCO is all about spreading the ball and knowledge of the system. I'm confident with the horses we have, IF Pinkston is 100 percent from the injury. That being said, I wouldn't mind signing an older WCO WR like Jurivicious for a year or two.

Fair enough. I respect your point of view on yoru WR situation, even though I don't exactly agree with it.

Dock, you are right. I think the Greenway rumors are the classic AR smokescreen so he can swoop in and take Hali, McNeil, Kiwi, or Justice. Actually, any pick other than DE or OT will amaze me.

Hali had 2 sacks and a ton of pressures today and plays THE WHOLE GAME. I hope he doesn't shoot up toooo much.

WB36, Brown has some numbers this year simply because he was relied upon so heavily for a rookie. I thought he looked pretty good, but there was nothing to show me that he knew enough of the offense to make him a superstar out of the gate.

He needs a compliment, and there is no guarantee Pinkston will come back with his speed, and that's pretty much all he had. Lewis, Pinkston, Brown with Smith is a major mistake IMO.

"getcha weight up" that is hillarious. how about grow up, chump. "bwahhaaaa, ive been a member longer than you have" cry me a river. coming to the Redskins board to discuss the iggles proves your intelligence, or lack thereof.

and for the record, i wasnt attempting to be funny. i was trying to show you the irony of your post. how stupid would you consider me if i went to the philthy board to discuss anything Redskins?

Man, Your an Idiot.

This is what this forum is for. Stick in the "stadium" if you want to talk exclusively skins.

I'm a cowboys fan first, but a football fan all the same.

I am very interested to see what the Eagles do at 14. We are at 18, so we will get whatever is left.

You know what worries me....what if Dallas gets Holmes from OSU......god I'd be kicking the hell outta my tv.

And whats worst is that with the Skins without a 1st Rd pick, they basically can sit back and watch the rest of us, then make picks to counter what the rest of us do....

Dear lord, the NFC East is trying to catch up to Washington....again!

Archived