Extremeskins

(Queensryche Chat) with bonus Pearl Jam - "Yellow Ledbetter" video

unsonny

Unsealed

On a porch a letter sat

Then you said ’i wanna leave it again’

Once I saw her on a beach of weathered sand

And on the sand I wanna leave it again... yeah

On a weekend I wanna wish it all away yeah...

And they called and I said that I want what I said

And then I call out again

And the reason oughta leave her calm I know

I said ’i don’t know whether

I’m the boxer or the bag’

Ah yeah ehh....

Can you see them

Out on the porch

But they don’t wave

I see them round the front way yeah

And I know I don’t want to stay...

Make me cry <guitar solo>

Ooooh I see

I don’t know there’s something else

I wanna drum it all away

Oh I said I don’t, I don’t know whether I’m a boxer or the bag

Ah yeah ehh....

Can you see them

Out on the porch

But they don’t wave

I see them round the front way yeah

And I know I don’t want to stay

I don’t wanna stay (2x)

Don’t

Don’t wanna

Oh... yeah... oooh...

----

Are you trying to insinuate that Queensryche is better than Pearl Jam???

From wikipedia...

Yellow Ledbetter was one of the first songs Pearl Jam wrote as a group[1], however the song was not included on Pearl Jam's debut album Ten. It was selected by the band to be the second B-Side to the single record of the song Jeremy [2], which was where it first appeared. This same recording was included in the Pearl Jam compilation Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003 and on the B-Side album Lost Dogs. A live version of Yellow Ledbetter was also included on the single from the song Daughter [3]. The song's name is derived from the actual name of an old friend of lead singer Eddie Vedder from Chicago, named Tim Ledbetter[4].

The song was written by aforementioned frontman Eddie Vedder, bassist Jeff Ament as well as lead guitarist Mike McCready (who is rarely credited with the writing of Pearl Jam songs) [5]. Mike McCready's guitar play in Yellow Ledbetter bears stongly similarities the guitar style of Jimi Hendrix with the mimicing of Hendrix' "Little Wing" and "May This Be Love". The lyrics of the song have proved undecipherable when heard live and even on the early recorded version, as Eddie Vedder mumbles through much of the song with only certain parts being heard prominently, such as the infamous line "I said, I don’t know whether I’m the boxer or the bag", with these parts of the song heard on almost every live rendition of the song. There are official lyrics for this song, as well as many unofficial ones on various websites.It is because of the freeform nature of this song that allows Pearl Jam to easily improvise the song and change it around as they see fit when performing it live. During performances, McCready often lengthens the outro and the guitar solo and Vedder almost always changes the lyrics around, sticking with the same rhythm as the original recording.

Many fans have argued about the meaning of this song contained in the lyrics and have even questioned the existence of a central theme. This makes the song very unique as it has managed to become a staple favorite among fans of one of the most important bands of the 90s, and yet has no real lyrics or meaning that can be attached to the song. There are also fans, however, who feel the song isn't on par with other Pearl Jam songs, and resent its frequent use to close most Pearl Jam, citing that its vague lyrics make it a lesser song to other Pearl Jam classics, and isn't a good song to close with. Other fans argue that the song suffers, or had suffered, from great overexposure at concerts and on radio stations

Sorry, but I didn't know Queensryche was still playing.

Figured they went out with big hair and extended drum solos.

I love the fact that Pearl Jam releases so much of their live stuff.

Queensryche had new albums - 1993, 1997, 1999, 2003.....couple of live albums.......and now Mindcrime 2

The Ryche is still rolling on

Queensryche_04.jpg

your missing out bro

queensryche2.jpg

EMPIRE was thier worst album to date...now its "Hear In The Now Frontier"

dont blame you for not liking the damn song

Actually, I Liked the song "Empire", But it seems to me everything else on that CD was crap IMO. I think that's why I never gave them a 2nd chance.

Actually, I Liked the song "Empire", But it seems to me everything else on that CD was crap IMO. I think that's why I never gave them a 2nd chance.

true dat!!!!

EVERY Ryche album is different....you should never have given up on them....their next album after EMPIRE was awesome - Promised Land....their newer stuff without Degarmo is pretty solid still!!!

Every time I hear 'silent lucidity' I want to jam a rusty screwdriver thru both eardrums.

Dam what a terrible band.

unsonny... for a Fugazi fan I am very, very, very dissapointed. :2cents:

easy kid...........Silent Lucidity is a bad song to define Queensryche...try "Take Hold Of The Flame" or "Eyes Of A Stranger"

I like The Foo Fighters. Pixies, Fugazi, Live, The Descendents, Pearl Jam and the Ryche!!!

The Ryche was my first!!!!

Tate & DeGarmo need to patch their crap up. Mike Stone is ok, But when DeGarmo left the Ryche, he took a good chunk of their songwriting strenght.

true true......but to me Wilton was always right there with Degarmo if not better!!!!

take a look back at which songs Wilton wrote...the list will surprise you!!!

did you hear.............

Ronnie James Dio is Dr. X!

You know, everyone has their list of "desert island" albums. Ones they'd take with them if they could only have them and no others. Back in 1988, one of these albums came out. It's called Operation: Mindcrime by Queensryche. This album is by far one of the best things I've ever heard. I knew it when it was new in 1988, and it's still just as awesome in 2005. I saw Queensryche do the entire album live back in 1991, as well as in 2004. I cannot say how strongly I like this album. How it doesn't rank higher on the all time list of metal albums is beyond me.

If you do not own Operation: Mindcrime, I strongly urge you to buy a copy. You will not be disappointed. Long time fans of my website should be aware of my musical tastes, and I don't make this recommendation lightly.

Anyway, over the years, Queensryche fans have asked if there ever will be a sequel album. The story is great, and the music on it is awesome, so it lends itself to "sequel" quite easily. The long awaited sequel has been under production now for a year or so, maybe a little more. One of the strenghts of the original album was the characters on it. Thing is, most of the vocalisations of them in the songs (except for Sister Mary, obviously) were Geoff himself. This time around, the characters are supposed to be vocalised by others. And that brings me to the reason why I'm covering this on my Black Sabbath site.

Ronnie James Dio will be Dr. X! Without going into the entire Mindcrime story, Dr. X is the guy who gets Nikki (the main character) into what he's into. The fact that Ronnie James Dio will be Dr. X on Operation Mindcrime II is a major MAJOR bonus. I would have bought Mindcrime 2 even if it was Geoff Tate farting for an hour, but the fact that Ronnie Dio is on here is a major bonus.

Now, we can only hope that when Queensryche tours for Mindcrime 2 that they play with Dio, as the story is that Queensryche is going to play both the original Mindcrime and the sequel in their entirety - that will be seriously badass. Would love to see Ronnie in those shows, too. :)

Here's a picture of Ronnie James Dio & Geoff Tate together. Was taken from the Queensryche Website, which has this to say about the announcement..

SOURCE:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/archives/2005/12/ronnie_james_dio_is_dr_x_1.html

dio_queensryche.jpg

Dio as Dr. X. Interesting. :)

I was reading earlier today that they were planning on touring & doing Mindcrime I & II back to back in their entirety. I also saw that Tate was writing Mindcrime I as a screenplay as well.

Dio as Dr. X. Interesting. :)

I was reading earlier today that they were planning on touring & doing Mindcrime I & II back to back in their entirety. I also saw that Tate was writing Mindcrime I as a screenplay as well.

I always thought that would make a killer movie. I hope they do it.

Archived