Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/Best QB performance in a SuperBowl ?

rdlife

They had a question on ESPN this morning about what was the best qb performance in a superbowl and not one word was said about Doug Williams. One guy said it was Phill Sims and the other said Steve Young. Not only does Doug Williams have the most passing yards in a qt. than any other qb but he also scored the most td's in a qt. (2nd qt. against the Denver Broncos). The way he came back after being down 10-0 in the first qt. and being knocked out of the game for a while. This was history in the making, I still remember that game. That 2nd qt. alone was the best qt. a qb has ever had as far as perfection goes that I can remember. For some reason the Redskins never get the respect that we have earned, what do you guys think ?

Doug Williams 18 of 29 for 340 4TD"s and 1 INT

Please list stats if you feel differently.

http://www.superbowl.com/history/mvps/game/sbxxii

:allhail:

I think because it was such a blowout that it gets overshadowed by other performances (though Steve Young also falls into the blowout category). Those close, exciting games are the ones you remember - Simms, Montana v Cincy, Brady. No slight to Doug...that was impressive as well, but moreso from a complete team blowout than one individual.

I can't stand Phil Simms so there's no way I'd consider him for the top spot.

For me it's a toss-up between

Doug Williams SB 22 1987

Joe Montana SB 24 1989

Steve Young SB 29 1994

Montana and Young had the better overall games but Williams historic quarter has to count for something.

Doug Williams in the second quarter alone was

9 of 11

228 yards

4 TD

0 INT

That puts him in the conversation, no surprise ESPN fails to mention it. :doh:

They had a question on ESPN this morning about what was the best qb performance in a superbowl and not one word was said about Doug Williams. One guy said it was Phill Sims and the other said Steve Young. Not only does Doug Williams have the most passing yards in a qt. than any other qb but he also scored the most td's in a qt. (2nd qt. against the Denver Broncos). The way he came back after being down 10-0 in the first qt. and being knocked out of the game for a while. This was history in the making, I still remember that game. That 2nd qt. alone was the best qt. a qb has ever had as far as perfection goes that I can remember. For some reason the Redskins never get the respect that we have earned, what do you guys think ?

Doug Williams 18 of 29 for 340 4TD"s and 1 INT

Please list stats if you feel differently.

http://www.superbowl.com/history/mvps/game/sbxxii

:allhail:

Hands down, no question.....

Doug Williams!

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

Archived