Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey for Moulds (UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR)

bryceb07

The reason you trade for Moulds instead of waiting for him to be a free agent is so you don't have to fight a bunch of other teams to sign him.

I don't know if they are going to trade Ramsey or not, but if Moulds is the man they want, a trade is the best way to make sure they get him.

Since Moulds is a FA, very unlikely, plus with a new coach coming in, and Moulds personal problems with the team last season (though those are probably ended when the coach quit)... if we are interested we will try and sign him .

Plus they have a lot invested in another Tulane QB, I doubt they would want another QB to add to the mix.

Ramsey will be attractive to a team wanting a young veteran to play right away. A team wanting a strong armed QB to throw vertical, in particular.

Miami, Jets, Oakland, maybe the Saints.. all seem logical fits. KC may look to get a backup who can replace Green in a year or two. The Cardinals is also a team that maybe interested. If the Vikes trade Culpepper... they maybe an option

That is good info. It was most likely that Brunell was going to get cut, but the 'Skins traded a draft pick to guarantee getting him, and negotiated a contract. If the 'Skins want Moulds, they can get him. Many fans of this board will not like a trade though :laugh:

Thats one the things I didn't like about them paying Brunell as much as they did. It wasn't like we were trying to outbid anybody since we had already gotten around that by trading for him.

And he was clearly a QB who could have been a bad season from retirement. You don't pay a QB like that Top 10 QB money, not at almost 34.

No way this is true. Moulds is a FA and the Bills don't need a QB. Besides, it would be a bad trade for the Skins.

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=WR

Moulds is not a FA after this season, he still has one more year on his contract. And to be honest I like this trade. JP Losman has struggled and they will need competition and Moulds would be perfect for us. And if u still think we can get anything better than a 5th round draft pick for Ramsey you are crazy. I would be very excited if this gets done, but not counting on it.

Archived