Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our defense vs. Colts next year..?

drone007

Hey guys, today I was thinking about a couple things after reading on Extremeskins that Ray Lewis was on the outs in Baltimore. I personally think one of my favorite recent matchups has been the Ravens D against the Indy O. I loved seeing Peyton calling audibles while Ray was mirroring him on defense. This is not a thread about Ray Lewis, don't worry. :laugh:

Looking at our schedule, there are some toughies and some easy games alike. However, the one I'm most anticipating is the Indianapolis game. I can't wait to see what Williams is going to pull out for that game. He has been quoted this year saying that his strategy for some of the rookie QB's we have faced was to sit back and 'over cover' and force the young guys to beat them with patience. This cannot be the case with Manning, and I'm sure that Williams recognizes Pittsburgh's recent 3/4 driven success against the Colts in the playoffs.

I really am curious to see what happens. We have a long wait ahead, obviously, but I find it entertaining to think about it. :D Could be a very good game, granted if our offense has come of age by then.

We just need pressure. Give him time, he finds recievers. It's as simple as that.

My guess is that after the fiasco last weekend, Polian gets himself the best O Line he can get. Pressure may be tougher without blitzing. And if Peyton reads the blitz right, he's got some good receivers he can go to.

in the first jacksonville indi game this year the jags consistently rushed only 2 men and dropped nine into coverage. They forced edgerrin to beat them as he rushed 27 times for 128 yards. Manning was 13/28 for 122 yards no touchdowns and 1 pick.

edge likely wont be in Indi next year, so that may be the best strategy. the colts won 10-3 in Indi.

what would be even better is if we stole reggie wayne and edgerrin james left them. THen we can throw everything but the kitchen sink at the colts. However, it will be a tough game since it is in INDy.:helmet::logo::helmet::logo::helmet::logo::helmet::eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:cheers:

Yeh, I agree that anything can and will happen in the offseason and I know that Indy isn't our first game so injuries may be a factor, but I can't wait to see our ball hawks face off against the Colts.

Rogers, Taylor, Washington, Arrington (who knows? haha)... these types of guys will make the game very fun to watch because they fly to the ball so well. We've messed with a 3/4 a bit this season and I'd love to see our 3deep safety formation against them. I think that would really mess with Manning's head.

My guess is that after the fiasco last weekend, Polian gets himself the best O Line he can get. Pressure may be tougher without blitzing. And if Peyton reads the blitz right, he's got some good receivers he can go to.

Not that simple -- they have salary cap issues as well. Peyton's contract really hurt them. That is how we ended up with 53 in the first place.....

A little off-topic but it was sweeet seeing Manning get hammered out there by Pittsburg. Even with the talent that he posesses, he and his brother are clearly the most overrated players right now in the league. The Skins are hard-hitting much like the Steelers. I would really enjoy seeing Gregg Williams and co. call Manning out all game.

1997 Manning and Tenessee: Destroyed by the Nebraska Cornhuskers for the National Championship!! (Co-actually because it was shared with Michigan)

2006 Manning and Indy: Destroyed by the Washington Redskins!!

:coltsuck: :logo:

Archived