Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Morales/Pacquiao 2

ksun247

ROUND 13

Eric Morales vs Manny Pacquiao 2 is tonite on PPV. Should be a Helluva fight. A lot of controversy over the boxing gloves in the last fight. This time each boxer can wear whatever brand of gloves they choose. The first fight was great with Morales winning a 12 round unanimous decision. Believe this fight will be just as good as the first, if not better. This is a super featherweight matchup of two of today's better fighters. Pacquiao is a great fighter with power in both hands and non-stop offense. His defense is suspect, but his offense is lights out. Morales is a great boxer, who isn't afraid to mix it up and go toe-2-toe. Morales is coming off a BAD loss to an unknown fighter (Zahir Raheem). Hopefully, Morales can get his game back up to par, cause maybe his last fight was a fluke loss. Morales has been in a lot of BOXING WARS. Let's hope he has another war in him against Pacquiao. Winner could set up a rematch with Marco Antonio Barrera. SHOULD BE A CLASSIC. Can't wait. Another close fight, but I got Pacquiao by TKO in 11. No controversies this time around. :D

:cheers:

The first fight was a pretty dominant performance by Morales. It was just a perfectly executed fightplan by Morales in the first fight. Something about Morales' recent fights with Barrera and Rahim make me think that Pacquaio's handspeed could give him trouble this time around. It's a toss up but based on the last fight between the two, I have to go with Morales.

That first fight was the first time I ever watched Morales and thought he fought like a real complete boxer. Not much brawling, executed his plan and never strayed away, kept his hands up and had pretty decent defense. Going to be interesting to see if he can do it for 12 rounds again.

I remember Manny was very pissed off that he couldn't use a certain type of boxing glove for the fight, because it complimnented his hand speed.

Complimented his punching power (less padding). The gloves Morales used has more padding to protect his hands.

http://www.fightnews.com/1011.htm

"Next up was Fernando Beltran, the manager and co-promoter of Erik Morales. Beltran touched upon the excuses that were made by the Pacquiao camp for the loss in the first fight, particularly addressing the issue of the gloves. Pacquiao prefers Reyes boxing gloves, a reputed punchers glove, while Morales prefers Winning boxing gloves, which are said to offer more protection to the fighter's hands. By contractual obligation, in the first fight, both fighters used Winning gloves. However, in this fight, it is believed that Pacquiao will use the Reyes gloves while Morales will, again, use the Winning gloves.

Beltran in response to the glove issue said, "From what I know, they build gloves to protect the hands. The gloves are not going to be a problem. Erik Morales told me we can fight with gloves or without gloves."

Can't wait for the fight. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Thats stunning. Morales has always had an iron-chin. Not watching, but hard to believe even Manny was able to drop him.

Incredible.

Boxing is one of my loves. It has the simultaneous potential of ludicrous injustice and earned glory.

Sounds like tonight glory won. Good for Pacquiao.

Hopefully we can see a Pacquaio rematch with either JMM or MAB now. I'd like to see either of those fights though I kind of doubt that JMM will agree for money reasons. He has outpriced himself for every major fight ever since the first Pacquaio fight.

Great Fight. Guess my prediction of TKO in Round 11 was off by 1. :laugh: I thought the first round was even, but Pacman took the 2nd convincingly. Morales took 3-5 and Pacman took the rest until the stoppage.

Morales's face told the whole story...His nose looked shattered and his legs was gone. Believe you could see the end in the 8th or 9th round, when Morales ran away at the end of the round and was booed. He didn't have it anymore. He's a warrior. He's been in some tough wars prior to this. It may be time for him to take a long vacation and retire his boxing gloves. Morales was a great boxer/fighter who had a GREAT career. :cheers:

As for Manny Pacquiao, I'd take a few months off and look for the next big payday. Manny will probably take the rematch with Barrera for big $$$ or with Juan Manuel Marquez. Either fight will be great, if they are anything like the first fights. :cheers:

CONGRATS PACMAN ..... :applause: :cheers:

I love watching Pacman string together those 5 punch combinations. When you combine his poor balance with his unreal hand speed it almost gives the appearance that he is literally floating in the ring.

I was not going to order the card, but I caved in at around 8:30 like I usually do. I'm glad I did as we were treated to two highly entertaining wars. Castillo/Munoz on the undercard was thrilling, and Pac/Terrible goes without saying.

I hope Pacman doesn't even entertain the thought of moving up to 135. He's a natural at 126, and he's fighting bigger men at 130. Where he goes from here I don't know, but I'd love to see him take on Juan Manuel Marquez and destroy the three Mexican warriors.

I saw Marquez is fighting in Indonesia against Chris John for a meager 250K. When you factor in payments for trainers, travel etc. Marquez will probably walk away with close to nothing. John is no push over either, and Marquez will have to win decisvely in order to win on the cards. Hopefully he takes care of business and a superfight is made for the summer. I wouldn't be disappointed though, if Pacman chooses to take a tuneup before his next megafight.

I think Marquez would win a rematch with Pacquaio. He's a much better boxer and once he felt the power in the first fight, he was able to regroup and he won at the very least 8 of the last 11 rounds in that fight. I'd love to see those two fight again. Rarely do you see that type of performance in boxing. Marquez may be known for being a boring fighter, at least compared to Morales and Barrera, but he put on a great show in the first fight.

Archived