Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor=Marcus Vick

Chipper

Who calls the plays for the Skins next season?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who calls the plays for the Skins next season?

• Joe Gibbs
    • Al Saunders

This poll is closed to new votes

you started this thead in the assumption ST will waste 3 yrs in jail and we won't have his services but how the hell can you start a thread without the actual truth? This blows my mind. I'm out...

3 years is the minmum charge for brandishing a firearm, so I assume he cant help the team while in prison. If he is innocent I will offer a sincere apology.

Let me ask you this. Will you be happy with the Redskins so long as ST is on the team?Overlook? No. Deal with? yes, Accept? Not a bad Idea. Now your opinion. Your as entitled to your opinion as I am thats for sure. As valid? Thats an entirely different debate. Just because you have a right to your opinion doesn't mean it isnt flat wrong.

Please enlighten me as to how my opinion is flat out wrong.

Did I say you were? I was trying to illustrate the vast difference in vilidity possible from persons opinion to the next. You seemed to think that your right to your opinion made it valid. Silly huh? Now of course I don't first hand experience of St or Vicks regular behavior.I do hear Gibbs calling him a model player and GW being qouted as saying he wouldnt mind having taylor as his own kid. These are people I trust more than you. I didn't much of that kind on thing coming out of VT. You go on hating, I'll go on giving him the benifit of the doubt.

Did I say you were? I was trying to illustrate the vast difference in vilidity possible from persons opinion to the next. You seemed to think that your right to your opinion made it valid.

No, I think it is valid bc the only claims against it were: he is a good safety for the redskins... he hasn't gone to court yet so he is innocent until guilty...

He does show flashes of decency aparently which Vick allegedly lacks...the comparison isn't relevent :doh: etc

Before you started this thread you should have at first considered the fact that you were gonna get jumped on by nearly every member on this site for saying that Marcus Vick= Sean Taylor.

.....Guess its too late now.

:whoknows:

not a single person is perfect...you're trying to paint a doom and gloom picture w/out any facts. he's a thug? who isn't these days? half the nfl is thugs or wannabe thugs. what's ur point? he's going to spend 3 yrs in jail?> HE might...but you still don't know. all your points are irrelevant or retarded. you're not proving anything...i know it's your opinion but you're just being childish by asking ppl to say he's a thug or he's dumb for not thinking about u before aiming the gun. emotions buddy...emotions. i'm sure you wudda done something if someone was stealing ur car. not sure if it's a gun or whatever but you woudda whopped on the guy til the police came. i'm not sure what I'm saying because I have no idea what YOU are saying.

Before you started this thread you should have at first considered the fact that you were gonna get jumped on by nearly every member on this site for saying that Marcus Vick= Sean Taylor.

.....Guess its too late now.

:whoknows:

I know, but funny as it may seem that motivated me. I was itching to hear all the hokie pokey fans explain how Sean Taylor's actions were much different from Vicks, since the general consensus in Blacksburg is..."Vick got what he deserved, and...we never liked him anyway...and that isnt what hokie football is about"...etc

You must be a troll...why would you decide to compare ST to Marcus Vick?? Besides, even if ST is guilty of all charges (which he's not, by the way...the DUI charge was dismissed :doh: ) he's still an angel compared to some of the NFL's finest:

Im not sure what a troll is, is that supposed to be an insult? If I had it my way all those players you mentioned would be kicked out of the league.

You know Chipper, I would ask you to step off your high horse, but I think you need to coax it off of the soap box first. I mean geez... You must be Christ reborn to feel so free to judge others. While I don't condone ST or Vick's actions, I don't believe for one moment that I'm so superior to them and have a right to condemn them for their actions. I've made mistakes in my youth, and I'm sure you have too. Seeing as you're 21, I'm SURE that you have just recently tried your first alcoholic beverage (no underage drinking RIGHT?!). Sure hope you've never gotten behind the wheel drunk or rode with someone else that was drunk. Have you ever driven through a cross-walk with a pedestrian standing there waiting to cross? Hot damn, better call satan and reserve your place in hell.

I know, but funny as it may seem that motivated me. I was itching to hear all the hokie pokey fans explain how Sean Taylor's actions were much different from Vicks, since the general consensus in Blacksburg is..."Vick got what he deserved, and...we never liked him anyway...and that isnt what hokie football is about"...etc

As I guessed a UVA fan

If you read my posts earlier in this disscusion you will see why I find your little tirade here useless

And for the record, there were many Hokie fans very upset that Vick was dismissed as there were that were happy he was dismissed also

the difference b/t marcus vick and sean taylor is that sean taylor's dad is the law in miami, so he never got caught until lately. I think spitting in someone's face (twice) is about as bad as it gets. If I had to choose between having my leg stepped on or having someone's lugie on my mouth, I'll take it in the leg, thanks. And yes, he's innocent until proven guilty, but what the hell is he doing with a gun in the first place? he might be "not guilty," but can anyone argue he's truly "innocent?" If he played for the cowboys every one of you who is defending him would completely condemn him. Both of these guys are surrounded by sycophants who are willing to let them do whatever they want.

I just hope both of them can grow up and realize their potential before they end up in in prison or worse. I'm from Newport News and I'm rooting for Marcus to turn himself around, but I won't defend him or Sean Taylor because it's clear that both are completely misguided and probably a little delusional to the point where neither thinks the rules applies to him.

frankly...i just want chipper to STFU and let it go b/c it's pointless to keep arguing bout something that we will never agree on.....u told us how u feel...we told u how we feel....what more do u want? o wait...that's right...for us to admit he's a punk...well guess what...we're never gonna say that b/c that's not how we feel...u have ur opinion we have ours....u can't change it just b/c u feel another way

frankly...i just want chipper to STFU and let it go b/c it's pointless to keep arguing bout something that we will never agree on.....u told us how u feel...we told u how we feel....what more do u want? o wait...that's right...for us to admit he's a punk...well guess what...we're never gonna say that b/c that's not how we feel...u have ur opinion we have ours....u can't change it just b/c u feel another way

He is on his high horse, your typical "holier then thou" sports fan, which I find rather pathetic

If you want angels to cheer for, go watch the opera. You will find, the more you dig, that there are a lot of "thugs" and "punks" that play football

You know Chipper, I would ask you to step off your high horse, but I think you need to coax it off of the soap box first. I mean geez... You must be Christ reborn to feel so free to judge others. While I don't condone ST or Vick's actions, I don't believe for one moment that I'm so superior to them and have a right to condemn them for their actions.

When did I claim superiority? All I claimed is he just as classless as Vick, and the spitting caps it off. Yeah I played high school ball and I never spat in players faces. I dont think that makes me perfect (only one man has ever been perfect), but I think ST should have at least been suspended.

the difference b/t marcus vick and sean taylor is that sean taylor's dad is the law in miami, so he never got caught until lately. I think spitting in someone's face (twice) is about as bad as it gets. If I had to choose between having my leg stepped on or having someone's lugie on my mouth, I'll take it in the leg, thanks. And yes, he's innocent until proven guilty, but what the hell is he doing with a gun in the first place? he might be "not guilty," but can anyone argue he's truly "innocent?" If he played for the cowboys every one of you who is defending him would completely condemn him. Both of these guys are surrounded by sycophants who are willing to let them do whatever they want.

I just hope both of them can grow up and realize their potential before they end up in in prison or worse. I'm from Newport News and I'm rooting for Marcus to turn himself around, but I won't defend him or Sean Taylor because it's clear that both are completely misguided and probably a little delusional to the point where neither thinks the rules applies to him.

:applause:

Great point

You know Chipper, I would ask you to step off your high horse, but I think you need to coax it off of the soap box first. I mean geez... You must be Christ reborn to feel so free to judge others. While I don't condone ST or Vick's actions, I don't believe for one moment that I'm so superior to them and have a right to condemn them for their actions.

When did I claim superiority? All I claimed is he just as classless as Vick, and the spitting caps it off. Yeah I played high school ball and I never spat in players faces. I dont think that makes me perfect (only one man has ever been perfect), but I think ST should have at least been suspended.

I disagree, your labeling him as a "punk" puts him at an inferior position to yourself. You somehow see his deficiencies as being greater or more severe than yours. Am I missing something here? That certainly would seem to be a demeaning label. It's interesting that you would reference that only one person has been "perfect". Isn't it he who said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? I played football too, and as a running back, I had a hell of a lot worse things done to me than be spit on. Again, I don't condone either man's actions, but I know little about either man beyond these few incidents. How the hell is our limited knowledge of these two put us in any position to make a sound judgment of their overall character.

the difference b/t marcus vick and sean taylor is that sean taylor's dad is the law in miami, so he never got caught until lately. I think spitting in someone's face (twice) is about as bad as it gets.

You have got to be joking. Spitting is as bad as it gets?! Have you been living in a monestary? I can name about a thousand things worse than being spit on. And I'm glad you know so much about ST that you know FOR A FACT that he has been the perpetrator of multiple crimes that his father has gotten him cleared from. I just wish I had your omnipotence. Funny thing about human beings... We tend to make up our minds first and then go looking for facts to support it, rather than analyze the facts and then come to a conclusion. What is really hilarious is that there could be a million things showing that you are dead wrong, and you would cling to the handful that say you're right. Very typical... and very close minded...

I disagree, your labeling him as a "punk" puts him at an inferior position to yourself. You somehow see his deficiencies as being greater or more severe than yours. Am I missing something here? That certainly would seem to be a demeaning label. It's interesting that you would reference that only one person has been "perfect". Isn't it he who said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? I played football too, and as a running back, I had a hell of a lot worse things done to me than be spit on. Again, I don't condone either man's actions, but I know little about either man beyond these few incidents. How the hell is our limited knowledge of these two put us in any position to make a sound judgment of their overall character.

Yes, but the same man also said turn the other cheek (instead of pointing a gun)if you want to take that route. Religous arguments here may not hold water since everyone may not be be Christian. No I really do not claim to be perfect at all and if that is what you read into from my posts then I do regret calling him a punk. I do however ask where you draw the line? It is not like he messed up once. In only 2 years it never stops. If I saw he was going to change his act I would take him back, but if is was guilty I think he should be punished.

Archived