Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor=Marcus Vick

Chipper

Who calls the plays for the Skins next season?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who calls the plays for the Skins next season?

• Joe Gibbs
    • Al Saunders

This poll is closed to new votes

You must be a troll...why would you decide to compare ST to Marcus Vick?? Besides, even if ST is guilty of all charges (which he's not, by the way...the DUI charge was dismissed :doh: ) he's still an angel compared to some of the NFL's finest:

Michael Pittman -- threw his wife through a plate-glass window and then tried to kill her by ramming her car with his SUV (while she was pregnant, btw).

Ray Lewis -- Suspected murderer (although acquitted)

Rae Carruth -- convicted murderer

Jamal Lewis -- drug trafficking (don't let that "I only made a phone call" crap for one second)

If it were up to me buddy I wouldn't have any of those players in the league.

Randy McMichael -- likes to play bongos with his fists on his wife's head

Mike Doss -- pulled a gun in an Indy night club

And these are only the ones I can come up with off the top of my head. You sir, are a troll for solely comparing ST to Vick. So go away, troll.

:troll:

Even if you point is valid, what difference does it make?

Taylor is like Vick...

Taylor is not like Vick...

...does it really matter? Even if your point is valid, all it's done is invoke the protectiveness of some 'Skins fans and leave them with a bitter taste in their mouths.

Let's just hope Taylor calms down and this **** blows over so we don't have to worry about this at all.

I would have agreed with you but I have lost patience with ST.

You must be a troll...why would you decide to compare ST to Marcus Vick?? Besides, even if ST is guilty of all charges (which he's not, by the way...the DUI charge was dismissed :doh: ) he's still an angel compared to some of the NFL's finest:

Im not sure what a troll is, is that supposed to be an insult? If I had it my way all those players you mentioned would be kicked out of the league.

I would have agreed with you but I have lost patience with ST.

Understandable, but I can't help but hope he straightens himself out anyway. Not only because he's an amazing saftey, but because the Skins players' character is something I've always been quite pleased with.

I choose to be patient and see what happens, but your own opinion is yours to have.

Thanks man, it was a good effort but your "its not relevant bc he is my favorite redskin" statement didn't hold much water.

Way to read into what you want to get out of a post, buddy.

I believe I said there are a lot of sean taylor fans on this board which isn't a suprise. Therefore, we're gonna stick up for him through thick and thin.

Anyway, read into it what you want to get out of it you seem to be a champ at that so far.

Chipper fine, cut the crap. What do you want us to do about it. You let us know. We'll decide if we'll agree to it or we'll tell you to go take a flying leap. We as fans will accept him and his flaws or we won't. We as individuals get to make this decision and do not need you to think for us.

I want you to admit hes a punk, and it was selfish for him to do the things he did as far as the team is concerned.

^^ and that's only NFL players. You know we live in a world with murderers, rapist, pedophiles, etc...ST is quite clean compared to them BUT just because he's in hte NFL he's held to a higher standard by you? Damn dude that's pathetic. Yeah sean did point his gun at someone but the other guy wasn't an angel. He stole the guys ****** atv. Sean should have called the police right away but he was young and didn't know hte consequences this would have...at least he didn't shoot and kill them. Then you'd be right he's a scumbag but right now innocent until proven guilty should be YOUR focus.

THose 3 things you mentioned about ST in your 1st post don't hold crap against the worst of hte worst out there. Get a life. He's an awesome football player. Yeha he's a little arrogant in thinking he can get away with the law but how many other ppl think the same way? just ST and MV? Who are the people in jail? There's so many worse people other than ST I have no idea why you started the DUMBEST thread EVER! What ar eyou trying to say? We should hate him because of 3 things (one proven innocent), one missed the target so it's not ACTUALLY spitting on him, AT him is the right term, and the other one got postponed.

Calm down, get your ass of this board and join the a differnt board whose players are all sparking clean. THERE'S not a single team without player problems. ST, though not a FULL CLASS GUY NOW, will def be one of the leaders and class guys in the future. He's made mistakes but nothing as bad as VICK.

Just go away...no one can make you change your mind. If you think ST is the devil then hell why you still rooting for this team? Isn't he a player on the team?

I care about the team, so I feel I should able to support them

Well then you've built the proverbial maze that YOU can't get through. You've set yourself up for failure.Short ST being found guilty in his inpending court case(not likely) the team is going to side with him and you are either going to have to shallow your substantial ego or give up supporting the team.

BTW you've had it with ST? You must think very highly of yourself to think that should mean anything to us.

Terrible post

And what I really hate is a "holier then thou" attitude from football fans

Look, we get lucky with real good guys at times, and this team for the most part is made up of good guys

You will also get in football (mainly due to the demographics of the players and their upbringing before getting to college) with huge chips on their shoulders, guys who still don't have much regard for authority

Yet we all cheer for them when its one of our boys. You can literally point to any team in any major football program (NFL and college) and find some characters you would rather not associate with

But they validate your fandom by playing great on the field and you still cheer for them.

So lets quit this I am a better person because I don't like Sean Taylor and think he is a thug act, because really it has worn pretty f'ng thin with the incredibly hypocrisy shown by football fans

Way to read into what you want to get out of a post, buddy.

I believe I said there are a lot of sean taylor fans on this board which isn't a suprise. Therefore, we're gonna stick up for him through thick and thin.

Thats cool, so your gonna overlook his behavior??? He screwed up and may not be able to play for 3 years because of it. We could have had one of So many other players with their heads screwed on right. That angers me as a redskins fan. Besides, I thought you were peacing out dude.

one more point...if your good friend did something like that...lets say he spit on someones face and pointed a gun at someone...are you going to cut him off from your life and call him a thug for the rest of his life? what about giving guys a 2nd/3rd change to prove they were wrong? Martha got a 2nd chance and she's rolling in money now...how many other people have gone to jail and come out to preach to kids about staying out of trouble nad going to school? ALOT! You have no point. Take a seat and shut up.

Well then you've built the proverbial maze that YOU can't get through. You've set yourself up for failure.Short ST being found guilty in his inpending court case(not likely) the team is going to side with him and you are either going to have to shallow your substantial ego or give up supporting the team.

BTW you've had it with ST? You must think very highly of yourself to think that should mean anything to us.

My opinion is just as valid as yours. Why can't I get throught this maze??? I admit ST acted selfishly toward his team. SO since the team will side with ST then I should overlook it too?

I want you to admit hes a punk, and it was selfish for him to do the things he did as far as the team is concerned.

Ok He's a punk. Happy?! He's OUR punk. And it wasn't selfish it was stupid. He wasn't thinking of himself he wasn't thinking at all. You loath him. GOOD FOR YOU. I don't bow to your will though. I've seen flashes of a decent kid between his mental lapses. You can't see anything but. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the bacvk about it though.

one more point...if your good friend did something like that...lets say he spit on someones face and pointed a gun at someone...are you going to cut him off from your life and call him a thug for the rest of his life? what about giving guys a 2nd/3rd change to prove they were wrong? Martha got a 2nd chance and she's rolling in money now...how many other people have gone to jail and come out to preach to kids about staying out of trouble nad going to school? ALOT! You have no point. Take a seat and shut up.

If my good friend did something like(many incidents) that I would agree incarceration was best because it takes punishment for some to learn. For example, My girlfriends brother had many issues as far as drugs and theft and finally woke up when he was in jail. A second chance for ST, okay sure, this many complications in 2 years? Im sure he will learn his lesson.

Ok He's a punk. Happy?! He's OUR punk. And it wasn't selfish it was stupid. He wasn't thinking of himself he wasn't thinking at all. You loath him. GOOD FOR YOU. I don't bow to your will though. I've seen flashes of a decent kid between his mental lapses. You can't see anything but. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the bacvk about it though.

Seriously its fans like this that drive me nuts

Clearly has some superiorty complex. He must have gone to UVA

But in all honesty, I can only laugh at people like this. Because while we luck out and get guys like Marcus Washington and Darrel Green, we also have to cheer for guys who we may not want to hang around. Sean Taylor being one of them

That is just the nature of big time football (college and pro) If you want a bunch of choir boys, don't watch football

Thanks. Now for my final point, how is that any different than the persona of VIck which the media crucified?? VIck also didn't think.

Anybody who accepts or excuses Taylor's actions is wrong, and that includes Joe Gibbs. To be honest, his reaction to the spitting incident, which was only "you hurt the team" shows a real lack of principle. Gibbs should have suspended him.

Thank You!!! Well said. One person gets it.

you started this thead in the assumption ST will waste 3 yrs in jail and we won't have his services but how the hell can you start a thread without the actual truth? This blows my mind. I'm out...

OK, if he was innocent I will apologize to all ST lovers. But one must admit, it don't look good.

how would you know it doesn't look good? Have you seen the evidence the prosecuters/defense will present?

Right now it's 50/50 as it should be. The reason I'm saying it looks for good FOR him is because hte other ppl were just as dumb as him for stealing his ATVs and therefore they will NOT look good in court...see what I'm saying. It's not like ST was walking around, found his "innocent" target and pulled a gun on them? NOTHING LIKE THAT.

My opinion is just as valid as yours. Why can't I get throught this maze??? I admit ST acted selfishly toward his team. SO since the team will side with ST then I should overlook it too?

Let me ask you this. Will you be happy with the Redskins so long as ST is on the team?Overlook? No. Deal with? yes, Accept? Not a bad Idea. Now your opinion. Your as entitled to your opinion as I am thats for sure. As valid? Thats an entirely different debate. Just because you have a right to your opinion doesn't mean it isnt flat wrong.

Archived