Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did YOU become a redskins fan?

Karlton79

as ayoung man growing up in a small town St.Henry.A young man graduate and went to Ohio state to play football.

He then got drafted to S.D for a few years he pla there did a great job.

Then he was traded to O.R

He was there for a very short time then was traded to WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

I thought yes this is the team for him and it work out perty good for him!!

He is Jim Leachey.Since he had been there me and my wife have travel to D.C 7 times got to see him play and iv been hooked since

Everything you say about how great Joe Gibbs I can tell you that it rubbs off on his players im very proud of what Jim did and i know that it has alot to do what Joe Gibbs says.

Hail to the redskins

and thanks to redskins.com i can realy see whats going on even though im far away from tha actoin

I must have, like Gibbs, been born to be a skins fan. I mean, my dad is a phins fan and my stepdad is a Jets fan. But my dear old grandmother(God bless her soul), who had moved to Florida before I was born, always loved that I stuck it to my father and became a skins fan, no matter how much he tried to dissuade me. HTTR.

Win I was in Kindergarten in 1986-87, my family lived in Waldorf. The week of Super Bowl XXII, they taught us to sing "Hail to the Redskins" in school. My Mom even let me stay up late to watch the game. The Redskins scored a lot and they kept playing the song I learned over and over on TV. When it was over, everybody in our apartment building was celebrating like crazy. I've been a fan ever since.

The first football game I ever watched was the Super Bowl between the Niners and the Bengals. 1981 I think? I was 7 years old, and I sat and watched it by myself. I couldn't stop talking about it to my Mom afterward. I was hooked.

From then on, I bled the B&G! Thanks Kevin!

:point2sky

if you were 7 in 1981, how are you only 24? :laugh:

i was born into a family of dolphins fans, but i started getting hooked in the 87 season, because they showed all the games on tv here, and became obsessed, i loved everything about them. i lucked out by seeing them win a superbowl the first season i started watching. people always dogged me in the post gibbs years of richie pettitbon, and norv and spurrier, but i don't care, i am and always have been proud as hell of our guys. even when they were 3-13 in 93, the losses were by a total of 19......that means they were the best 3-13 team in history, even though it drove me nuts. never lose hope, and always display your burgundy and gold proudly, no matter how ugly some of it looks. redskins forever:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Guest ComebackKing

How did I become a fan? I moved to DC 4 years ago and started watching the games. Anyone who has a more boring story than that I challenge you.

Born and raised in Japan (Navy brat) and the only football I watched were games played by the base, team against teams from the other branches of the military. They didnt have satellite back then and the Armed forces network didnt really televise any sports. So my first real exposure was during my first every trip to the US. White Plains NY to visit my dad's side of the family. We went to a BBQ at the Monks resident (Art was not there). The Monk's are a friend of the family. My uncle used to date Arts sister and my Dad used to babysit occasionally. I have never met Art but I hope to soon, hopefully at the HOF this year!!! I visit with his mom everytime I go back to NY for a visit. I have a card that his dad gave me a year before he passed. I plan to have Art sign that card for me when I see him!!! My love of the Redskins started that day in the living room of the Monks home.

Would have been in 1982 when we beat the Dolphins in the SB 27 to 17, was 4 years old and just loved them from that day on, it was like I could feel it inside and they were apart of me all along. Being here in Arkansas, my Dad and Mom were not Cowboy fans but they were Steeler fans and they bought me all this steeler stuff one Christmas and I would not wear it, so they learnd to buy me skins stuff baby! I love the NFC East battles with all the good old games of the 80s. My sister back in the 80s was a bear fan, the 85 team, but hhehe the skins beat them most of the time. My brother is a Giants fan and is true blue, yuck.

My sister now is a cowboys fan and she loved them from the 1-15 year to now and she has stuck by them, lol all of use in the NFC east, so you can think of the battles when we all play, its great. I just love the skins, they give me great memorys of great times in my life and I just have to thank Joe Gibbs for all of this and the great players along the way. I love my skins and we are the best fan base. Hail to the Redskins! :helmet: :helmet: :logo: :notworthy

I was born a Colts fan.

I live in Iowa....what am I gonna do?

My Dad liked the Colts, and Unitas, and that was the sh-t!

He even got me the Superbowl edition of the old vibrating footbll game with the Jets and the Colts.

Remember the vibrating football games?

With all the little plastic players?

When you flipped the switch, they vibrated all over the field in no apparent direction (you were supposed to make adjustments to the little funny things on the bottom of the guy who had the ball)

Anyway, after my dad died, I then liked the Browns. Mostly because of Leroy Kelly. He was one hell of a running back, and I got a huge autographed poster of him when I was like.......8yrs old.

But two years later, in 1973, I was watching the Super Bowl with the Redskins and the Dolphins. The Redskins were underdogs, and I liked their colors so I rooted for them to win he game.

They lost 14-7 and I've been a diehard every since.

Sorry dad, but the Skins are now the sh-t!

That was 32 years ago.

And I will be a Skins fan until I'm dead and buried and rotting in Hell.

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

Personally I have no idea why I even love sports so much. I am the only diehard sports fan in my entire family. I guess I became a Skins fan by growing up in Baltimore, being that at the time was the home team. Befor the Ravens got there, of course. But..who cares about them? SKINS FOREVER!!!:helmet: :cheers:

My family indoctrinated me young.

Well, I'm Hispanic, and I wasn’t made to be a Soccer player...I'm big, and chubby...I was really only good as goal tender, mainly for my size...and slamming into people. Nonetheless, I was first a Steelers fan...At the age of 9 the reason I like'em was because of their jerseys...And it was the first team I saw play. I didn't really understand the game...until I was like 13 then I got a redskins snow cap and I was a fan from then on...I did it mainly for the friend, I wanted to have more in-common with her...Sadly I haven't had much success with the female skins fans....

since i could remember knowing what a football was its been SKINS SKINS SKINS i gotta search my moms pictures froim when i was small i was dressed up in a redskins uniform helmet and all only 5 years old holding a football and the night they gave me that christmas present me and dad were in the front yard of the townhouse in laurel snow and all on the ground throwing it HTTR forever

Superbowl XVIII, losing to the Raiders. Up until that point, for a while I thought I should be a Rams fan because I was born in April and my Zodiac sign is Aries..:) . Then I became an Eagles fan by default because i lived in Camden, NJ about 15 mins from Philly. But after that loss to the Raiders, something in my gut told me that it just wasn't right. I can remember so distinctly, the song "we are the champions" being played as they showed the highlights. That song sickens me to this day :mad: . It was then that I knew, by NO choice of my own, that I was a Skins fan. I felt like something was taken away from ME. I couldn't understand why until I learned the meaning of destiny. I was destined to be a Skins fan and there was nothing that I could do about. I went out and brought my Starter jacket the next day. So I became a fan, not by result of victory, but by result of defeat. :point2sky

Archived