Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Al Saunder's Quoted"

slinky

Time to get arrogant at FEDEX!! Bring him in baby!! If can design a game plan and call plays......WELCOME!!

Giving that arrogant smashmouth football and quick scoring offense of ours to NY, Philly, and DALLAS every week!!!!

Im with you on that one. Next year at FEDEX will be hell for the opposition!

Let the offense roll and the defense punish.

:cheers:

I think every one is going to be suprised when Ramsey is our starter next year. IMO He will look for a gunslinger with a good head, I think Ramsey has matured is going to shock a few people.

I sure hope your right because this team is so close to being a SuperBowl team that no way in hail would I trust a rookie QB to take 3-5 years to develope and lead it. Time to see what Ramsey really has with all the best coaches and great recievers :cheers:

I was thinking ... if we had another top notch receiver, we'd be invincible. Really! The way these guys fight ...as a unit ...there is no team I would even worry about.

We need an Art Monk to complement our Ricky Sanders/Gary Clark (which is Santana Moss). A big guy like Monk, who was so much more than a posession receiver... soft hands, good speed, accurate routes, crushing blocks, team spirit ... team leadership.

This seems very presumptuous to think that he will trump Gibbs' QB decisions. I doubt that Saunders wants a QB that can't look off receivers and holds on to the ball way to long. It is funny how everyone judges Brunell based on his last 3 games. Before his knee injury he was looking pretty good against Dallas and NY. In preseason and at times during the year he looked very sharp and most people on this board thought he looked a lot better than Ramsey in preseason. Brunell with his legs is a much different QB than Brunell without his legs ... but that is very independent of whether or not Patrick Ramsey can get things done for the Skins. I think we will go with Brunell next year since Gibbs probably doesn't want to risk losing the playoff momentum with a rookie QB in Campbell. Also, he has said before that QB's that are new to systems can take a year to get familiar ... which mostly rules out getting another QB in free agency to replace Brunell.

I like Ramsey and hopes he does well, but with everything that has happened to him, he would rightfully have trust issues staying in DC and that is not healthy. Gibbs may never have truly lied to him, but he also doesn't have any confidence regarding his coaches confidence in him considering how quick he was yanked at the beginning of the year, regardless of reason or upfront communication.

I wouldnt be surprised to see PRam back in tha house now...I dont think Campbell is ready and Brunell looked pretty average the last 3 games of the season...

Brunell is not washed up. When your line is all beat and the defense is penetrating everytime you can't get the ball out. Also we need someone on the other side that is just as much a threat as Moss. Brunell will start next year. Give the guy a break and Ramsey makes me nervous everytime he takes a snap.

Gibbs IS the man ... that's right!

One thing though;

Is there any rule in the NFL that says you can't have more coaches than players? If so, I think we're in trouble.

lol ... I really would love to know what the total payroll for our coaches is ... I'll bet it is probably near $20M if not over. Gibbs, Williams, and Saunders total approx. 10M ... so I imagine that the rest of the coaches, fresh off new raises, will be bringing in some scratch.

I think every one is going to be suprised when Ramsey is our starter next year. IMO He will look for a gunslinger with a good head, I think Ramsey has matured is going to shock a few people.

Don't forget Joe Gibbs is still the head coach and it will be his call on this. Ramsey is likely gone.

Are we assuming that our offense is going to modified where a complete new system will have to be learned? Didn't Saunders and Gibbs learn from the same teacher? This Coryell feller.

I wouldn't say a COMPLETELY different system. We'll add a few new wrinkles (like we did with the shotgun this year).

I hope what we'll add more of are RB's in passing routes.

I gotta wonder if Gibbs telling Ramsey "We'll talk again in a few days" on Monday meant he wanted to wait to see what the new OC thought about Ramsey after watching a few hours of film:whoknows:

The quote about him wanting Trent Green handle new things though may also be the reason the Ramsey is shipped out. - We should know soon.

Archived