Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Who is a better tackle?

Joncevensen

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's never good to pit one Redskin vs. another. Everyone's got an opinion and they're not likely to change it. I mean I could just bring up the pro bowl recognition for Chris and the fact that Jansen hasn't even garnered pro bowl recognition as an alternate. Jansen fans will just say Chris makes it on reputation......which is laughable. What reputation?

Chris Samuels is a much better tackle. For some reason, instead of appreciating the fact that we have a top 10 left tackle after a decade of searching for one, people are not satisfied and want this guy to be another Odgen or Pace.

Samuels has a continuing ankle problem. In one WTEM review of the injuries a couple of weeks ago I heard someone mention that his problem was 'ongoing' and due to arthritis. If that is indeed the case we can see why Chris is not as quick to the outside as he was in the past and why while he is still an above average player he is not going to be ascending to the Pace or Ogden level.

Jansen is a solid player. I don't think he is a superior tackle, however. And that is how the rest of the NFL view him. There is nothing wrong with Jon. You can win Super Bowls with him at RT just as the Pats won with their starting linemen, who are solid but not spectacular.

I agree that Samuels is one of the most overrated players on the team and in the whole league. Jansen is a much better lineman, especially pass blocking.

Samuels got burned many times this year with speedy defensive ends (Simeon Rice anyone). Luckily Jansen was protecting the blind side or else Mark would have ate the turf alot more this year.

Archived