Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 Crucial Plays

Khun Kao

First off, I have to say "Hats Off!" to the Redskins! Thank you, guys! It was an excellent run and you did us proud! You have nothing to hang your heads over!!!!

But I want to say that, IMO, there were two crucial plays that sealed our fate.....

1. The missed interception by Carlos Rogers.... If he held onto that ball, it was a touchdown!

2. The missed FG by John Hall after the turnover. John Hall has been clutch for us, but it was just a bad time to make a bad move.....

Those 2 plays made the difference today. I'm disappointed, but I don't want to complain about it. We played very well considering how everything was stacked against us. We were missing some crucial players for this game, and we still were in it 'til the end....

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

That's true. The carlos play really would have propelled us forward and I think we would have left them in the dust. But also not taking advantage of opportunities was also crucial. I also agree about that mack strong run becuase that caused us to be down by two possessions and a lot less time on the clock.

So you think that was on the only difference? Really? Did you watch the same game I did? Do you know the game of football?

Not sure who you're addressing, but to answer your question from my perspective, "NO" those 2 plays weren't the ONLY difference. We had an uphill battle all the way and the odds were stacked against us. We had crucial personel shortages in key positions.

And "NO", I really don't know the game of football. I just love my 'Skins and scream my head off for them every weekend!

Brunell's terrible pass that hung Moss out to dry on the 3rd and 4 down in the red zone when the game was 17-10.

An NFL QB in the playoffs has to make that throw, that led to the missed FG.

The play that made that a 3rd and 4, running Ladell Betts... Thanks alot JG:doh:

I still love you though, we swept Dallas and made the playoffs

The poor and conservative play calling is what killed us. I mentioned earlier in the week that if we don't put points up on the board we were going to lose. We did just that. The missed opportunity for Rogers wouldn't have made a difference if our offense showed up in the first three quarters. We should have played like we did in the fourth quarter the ENTIRE game. Our playcalling is so predictable. Not even our white jerseys could of saved us.

In Gregg Williams' interview, he pretty much echoed my sentiments regarding Rogers missed Interception.

Nothing againt Rogers because he made a great play on the ball and it was a tight move, but if he had pulled that off, that was a different ball game.....

HTTR!!!

The Seahawks converted a bunch of third downs on their first scoring drive. A stop on any one of those plays prevents Hasselbeck from gaining confidence and changes the complexion of this game. The 1st coversion to Jackson was a huge play...Gibbs should have challenged that spot...he was stopped short of the mark.

The Rogers missed INT\TD was HUGE. They went on to drive for 80 yards and score a TD. Instead of 10-0 Skins, it was 7-3 Seattle.

But hey, you can't expect to get every break in every game. I'm very proud of our boys!

yep i'll admit when he missed it my head went down because that was the type of play that we were making during our run and the type of plays we missed in our losses...but good year anyway

First off, I have to say "Hats Off!" to the Redskins! Thank you, guys! It was an excellent run and you did us proud! You have nothing to hang your heads over!!!!

But I want to say that, IMO, there were two crucial plays that sealed our fate.....

1. The missed interception by Carlos Rogers.... If he held onto that ball, it was a touchdown!

2. The missed FG by John Hall after the turnover. John Hall has been clutch for us, but it was just a bad time to make a bad move.....

Those 2 plays made the difference today. I'm disappointed, but I don't want to complain about it. We played very well considering how everything was stacked against us. We were missing some crucial players for this game, and we still were in it 'til the end....

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I agree on your 2 plays and I raise you, the Mack Strong run, and the pass to Morris in the flat for 17yds that LA got fooled on...

2. The missed FG by John Hall after the turnover. John Hall has been clutch for us, but it was just a bad time to make a bad move....

You missed three crucial plays.

1) The concussion to Alexander on the 2nd Seahawk series.

2) The Seahawk who missed an interception in the end zone that got deflected for a Redskin TD.

3) THREE Seahawk turnovers.

And even with those five plays ( the 3 turnovers were 3 plays) the Seahawks STILL SCHOOLED the Redsins. We covered the 9.5 pt spread (which netted me a cool $250).

The only reason this game wasn't 42-3 was because of the slippery ball. Thank mother nature for a whipping instead of an a** whipping.

--SimpleHawk

the horrible spot given the Hawks a first down on their first TD drive, when they should have punted deep in their end of the field. The Late Grounding call that took us out of FG range.

If the spot was bad, blame Gibbs for not challenging it. He is a GOD to you guys, so maybe you can't argue with him.

And the grounding was not a bad call. It sure screwed the Skins, but it was a good call.

--SimpleHawk

Archived