Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs article(Some Respect finally)!!!!!!

cactitle

But it appears in the subtitle, you can't miss it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wise didn't have a thing to do with the title. But that's beside the point.

This was an excellent realization of Gibbs' overall place in history and how this matchup with Seattle could make it difficult for the haters to ignore the significant accomplishments. Bottom line: "Gibbs still transformed a franchise in two seasons." There's no denying that the franchise was in disarray a couple years ago. When Gibbs returned, he reintroduced respectability, organization, and brilliant Xs and Os.

The reason why this article from Wise is fresh (albeit, he'll be dis'ed by his peers as a homer), is that Gibbs has yet to be recognized in the national for what he is. If you're wondering what I mean, look at the treatment given to Bellicheck and compare with the treatment of Gibbs. If the Redskins coaching is mentioned at all, it's always about Gregg Williams and his brilliance. I just don't get it.

The return of Gibbs was the best thing to happen to this team in a long time...you all know what I mean.

Go Skins!!! Help your coach get the credit he deserves with a win today.

But it appears in the subtitle, you can't miss it.
Doubt very much that Mr. Wise wrote the headlines.

But I'll give the man credit for writing a readable piece, appreciative of Gibbs without the fawning over Tom Coughlin we saw a few weeks ago by another Post writer. Maybe you can call it a puff-piece, but Wise notes some of the warts along with the feel-good stuff. And he was artful enough at avoiding mention of the team name that unless you're looking you really don't notice.

Wow, that was a great article!! I can't believe nobody else is giving Gibbs praise for the turnaround he's affected on the Skins. I can't beleive he wasn't even mentioned for Coach of the Year. No matter, a win today makes 90% of the media look like complete fools. Here's to the underdog!! Go Skins!!!

:helmet: :point2sky :point2sky :helmet:

the difference between Gibbs, Walsh and Landry was that they remained loyal to one organization and took it through both good and bad times. Parcells has been a mercenary the last 10-12 years, moving from team to team just as the club he is coaching appears headed for a downturn or suffers a key postseason defeat.

article is still incorrect. it says that this run in 2005 may be tempered by the fact Brunell will be 36 and the Redskins have no #1 pick to invest in a qb.

the fact is we already did that in 2005 with the selection of Jason Campbell, who mysteriously has been lost amid the criticism of the Skins 'giving' Shanahan extra picks to move up in last April's draft.

also, there was no consideration of the compensation the club could receive from a trade of Patrick Ramsey.

article is still incorrect. it says that this run in 2005 may be tempered by the fact Brunell will be 36 and the Redskins have no #1 pick to invest in a qb.

the fact is we already did that in 2005 with the selection of Jason Campbell, who mysteriously has been lost amid the criticism of the Skins 'giving' Shanahan extra picks to move up in last April's draft.

also, there was no consideration of the compensation the club could receive from a trade of Patrick Ramsey.

Agreed 100%.Its a biased report no doubt and shows a complete lack of credibiliy when it comes to this team and what we have accomplished.

and here I thought I could read an article about the Skins and not hear about the liberal media. :) Great read and lets hope we win so all the mediots will eat crow or at least have the janitors sweep up their jaws at the end of the night from the floor. Either way, we have a tremendously successful year and much to build upon with a team and franchise headed in the right direction and ON THE RISE!!!

Archived