Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawk/Sea Gull. a point to ponder.

littlenana57

Something fishy's goin' on. While at work yesterday one of my residents said not to worry that the Redskins would beat Seattle. Not many others agreed but I LOVED the sound of that. He then asked an all important question...What is the difference between a Seahawk and a Sea Gull? Well at that point I looked at him in disbelief...I did not know, so being the excellent patient advocate I am, I told him I would find out. My findings: A Sea Hawk is a jaeger gull. A Sea Gull is a common name for any aquatic bird, which by the way also includes a jaeger. So a Hawk is a Gull and a Gull is a Hawk, they are one in the same. So while watching the game tomorrow , which as you know i was assured we would win, i will relish the fact that a Redskin is a Redskin and Sea hawk is a gull, as I watch Alexander break down and bawl.:cry: :feedback: HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Seahawk is a fictional name. If it were a real name it would probably be closely related to the osprey.

osprey

Related: Vertebrates

(ŏs´prē) , common name for a bird of prey related to the hawk and the New World vulture and found near water in most parts of the world. The American osprey, or fish hawk, Pandion haliaetus, has white underparts and a wingspread of 5 to 6 ft (152 to 183 cm). It feeds solely on live fish and is usually seen hovering over the water, into which it plunges feet first to grasp its prey. Ospreys are classified in the phylum Chordata , subphylum Vertebrata, class Aves, order Falconiformes, family Pandionidae.

The sea hawk is a "predatory sea bird, the sea hawk is the only bird that breeds in both the Arctic and Antarctic. It nests from the Orkney Islands to Iceland and from the tip of the South America to within 150 miles of the South Pole. This bird is also known as the jaeger and skua." See this.

Here's a picture:

salbrownskua8.jpg

Strikes fear into your heart, doesn't it?

The sea hawk is a "predatory sea bird, the sea hawk is the only bird that breeds in both the Arctic and Antarctic. It nests from the Orkney Islands to Iceland and from the tip of the South America to within 150 miles of the South Pole. This bird is also known as the jaeger and skua." See this.

Here's a picture:

salbrownskua8.jpg

Strikes fear into your heart, doesn't it?

But the feathers go good in one of these

rep_01.jpg

Something fishy's goin' on. While at work yesterday one of my residents said not to worry that the Redskins would beat Seattle. Not many others agreed but I LOVED the sound of that. He then asked an all important question...What is the difference between a Seahawk and a Sea Gull? Well at that point I looked at him in disbelief...I did not know, so being the excellent patient advocate I am, I told him I would find out. My findings: A Sea Hawk is a jaeger gull. A Sea Gull is a common name for any aquatic bird, which by the way also includes a jaeger. So a Hawk is a Gull and a Gull is a Hawk, they are one in the same. So while watching the game tomorrow , which as you know i was assured we would win, i will relish the fact that a Redskin is a Redskin and Sea hawk is a gull, as I watch Alexander break down and bawl.:cry: :feedback: HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
I guess i have to eat those words..but not all...alexander broke but he did not bawl:silly: . We didn't win, but one of our teammates (Bailey) is movin' on:applause: Once a skin always a skin... Here's to a great year and a greater 2006 season...

Well, I can say with no doubt in my mind, you cant confuse a Sea Gull and an Osprey.

We have a sizeable population of Osprey in my area. The size alone is a dead give away, with common gulls being much smaller. The only other birds of their size in this area are Bald Eagles, and Turkey Buzzards, and are all easily distinguished in flight or perched.

Well, I can say with no doubt in my mind, you cant confuse a Sea Gull and an Osprey.

We have a sizeable population of Osprey in my area. The size alone is a dead give away, with common gulls being much smaller. The only other birds of their size in this area are Bald Eagles, and Turkey Buzzards, and are all easily distinguished in flight or perched.

I have learned a whole lot about birds since i first posted this...thnx for all the info. BUT ENOUGH about the birds...i have had enough for this year. Now, NEXT year there is a chance for revenge on those "buzzards" (sorry I couldn't resist just one more bird word) lol.

Archived