Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason La Canfora's (WP) views on being disrespected by the national media

js79

Jason La Canfora: Why does everyone get so worked up over what the "national media" say? Some people are paid to give opinions on certain games and to try to predict - which in itself is silly since no one knows and could ever know - and generate a little interest for the game within their various media outlets. That's all it is - one dude's opinion. It has no bearing on the outcome, and when people get all fired up about it, it just gives the talking head or whoever more attention, and the cycle continues.

If I'm a Red Sox fan and some guy on ESPN says they have no chance against the White Sox and they're lucky to be in the playoffs, etc., etc., I just say great, we'll see what happens, and move on.

Is that irrational? I might be missing something on this one, but this seems to be a particularly big deal to Skins fans. Maybe it's from years of losing, and taking your lumps, which I could kind of understand. But in the end it's just one dude's opinion to me.

AMEN

I have to agree with him. All the stats, records, predictions, etc. people can bring up, don't really mean much. The game will be played out on the field as it always has been. I've been reading a lot about the Seahawks weak schedule and the Redskins poor offense. Two things these teams have in common, they keep winning. I see the teams as pretty evenly matched with the Seahawks having the distinct advantage of playing at home. This is the only advantage I see. Toss the statistics out. Bottom line is this, tomorrow the team that wants this game the most will win.

It's one thing to say the 'Skins will lose.

It's another to call Coach Gibbs an "ordinary Joe."

exactly.

Not to mention these same mediots refusing to take their lumps and having any sort of accountability for the stupid things they say.

Seriously, I've seen more accountability from most trolls. Hell, even WeOwnU came back and took crap from us.

But Cris Carter and Sean Salisbury? Pathetic. If you want to rip on our team, fine... but at least be a man and own up to what you said you would do.

As for others like Fatty P... that is not 'disrespect' so much as it is personal vendetta and hatred towards the Redskins organization and its fanbase.

With all due respect to Jason La Canfora, I think he has mistaken the 'disrespect' of the media (which just about all of us can deal with and even have fun with) with something else entirely.

Jason's exactly right.

Nick, I don't think Jason is speaking specifically to predictions. A lot of

experts' are picking against us this week. I don't see it as an insult. It's just what that person thinks. Big deal.

The attitude exhibited by Len P. and his ilk are a different issue, in my opinion.

Nick, I don't think Jason is speaking specifically to predictions. A lot of experts' are picking against us this week. I don't see it as an insult. It's just what that person thinks. Big deal.

Ok, then that's different... ;)

I was kinda' taking everything and lumping it all together. Sorry, Henry. I've been feeling stressed and my trigger finger is a little itchy... :laugh:

I think he's totally right as well (so is Henry).

BTW, I loved this exchange:

Doc Walker: I think Seattle is in for a rough day, with the Unicorn and the Rhino rushing up the middle, the Tarantula and the Manticore in coverage, and Chris "Braveheart" Cooley beasting through the Seattle secondary. I only hope that Mark "The Pegasus" Brunell, Omar "The Centaur" Stoudmire have good games. Oh, I hope The Caveman Mike Sellars and the Minotaur James Thrash get on track too. Thoughts?

Jason La Canfora: Doc, come down off the ledge my man. Me no speak your language.

Should I know what a Manticore is, much less who plays one?

Griffin is the Rhino?

Salave's is the Unicorn?

I am the Walrus?

I think he's totally right as well (so is Henry).

BTW, I loved this exchange:

Doc Walker: I think Seattle is in for a rough day, with the Unicorn and the Rhino rushing up the middle, the Tarantula and the Manticore in coverage, and Chris "Braveheart" Cooley beasting through the Seattle secondary. I only hope that Mark "The Pegasus" Brunell, Omar "The Centaur" Stoudmire have good games. Oh, I hope The Caveman Mike Sellars and the Minotaur James Thrash get on track too. Thoughts?

Jason La Canfora: Doc, come down off the ledge my man. Me no speak your language.

Should I know what a Manticore is, much less who plays one?

Griffin is the Rhino?

Salave's is the Unicorn?

I am the Walrus?

I sent that in actually. I think its amusing how Doc Walker goes overboard with the nicknames.

Archived