Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the long travel affect the Skins?

DCNightHawk

The last time we played Seattle, the announcer was making some excuse about the Seahawks not playing well because they had to fly cross-country to a different timezone. The question is, will this affect our team's ability to perform. Will they be jetlagged and tired and will this be apparent on the field. I hope they dont get affected and are able to perform 100 percent. Thoughts?

I dont think so. Considering they left today, and the game is Saturday. They should have a few days to get used to the weather and waking up early and being prepared to play. Remeber, since the game is at 4:30, that is like a 1:00 game here so hopefully the team is ready.

Nope. Jet-lag during the season is common because your travel day is Saturday and the game is on Sunday. Gibbs had the team leave today. On Friday, walk-through and rest. Sat is the game. They have an extra day you can't afford to do during the season.

If they look tired, it will not be because of the flight to Seattle, it will be the long winning streak taking it's toll.

Go Skins go!! Seahawks suck!!

I dont think so. Considering they left today, and the game is Saturday. They should have a few days to get used to the weather and waking up early and being prepared to play. Remeber, since the game is at 4:30, that is like a 1:00 game here so hopefully the team is ready.

there is your answer...

the jet-lag thing is overrated they are playing in Seattle not Japan. The media is looking for any old excuse to use against us.

I agree...... I've done many cross country flights and it hasn't affected me one bit.... but then again, I went partying after getting off those flights, not preparing for a football game.

As someone who regularly flies coast-to-coast, the flight affects teams that go east much more so than teams that go west. When you have to go east and play a 1pm game, it's like playing the game at 10am. Plus, for the flight east you lose so much time (a 4pm flight arrives at 1am) that it's hard to keep your natural schedule. Going west isn't nearly as difficult. You actually gain time, so it's easier to maintain your natural schedule. Plus, Snyder has them hooked up with the best team jet in the league. I don't see it as a big deal.

They left just a little while a go, Gibbs is letting them sleep in on Friday morning, and the game starts at 4:30pm EST, which is the same as a 1:30pm EST kickoff at FedEx. So I would be highly shocked if the team is flat on Saturday.

Plus if they are sluggish they got really good coffee out there.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

They left just a little while a go, Gibbs is letting them sleep in on Friday morning, and the game starts at 4:30pm EST, which is the same as a 1:30pm EST kickoff at FedEx. So I would be highly shocked if the team is flat on Saturday.

Plus if they are sluggish they got really good coffee out there.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I really hope they are fresh to go. 16 games this season, they came ready to play and were competitive at some points or all of the game. The only one thing I am scared about is if they come out completely flat like the Giants game. I hope they are ready to go and beat Seattle for the second time! HTTR :helmet::logo:

the jet-lag thing is overrated they are playing in Seattle not Japan. The media is looking for any old excuse to use against us.

Exactly what I was saying to some friends last night. It isn't as if they're flying to Australia or anything like that.

It's only a five hour flight from Dulles, plus they left a day early to acclimate. I went to San Francisco about four years ago and completely forgot about the time zone difference by the time I stepped off the plane.

exactly. I got so ticked off at the announcer for our last match up because he was making up some BS excuse why we were beating them. It really should not affect your playing ability, it is only a 3 hour time difference and as people have pointed out on this thread, the skins got there a day ahead.

Archived