Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey Porter said....

skull1669

"They don't want to just sit there, line up and play football," Porter charged. "They want to try to catch you off guard. They don't want to play smash-mouth football, they want to trick you. ... They want to catch you substituting. Know what I mean? They don't want to just call a play, get up there and run a play. They (the Colts) want to make you think. They want it to be a thinking game instead of a football game."

What do you guys think about this comment?

"They don't want to just sit there, line up and play football," Porter charged. "They want to try to catch you off guard. They don't want to play smash-mouth football, they want to trick you. ... They want to catch you substituting. Know what I mean? They don't want to just call a play, get up there and run a play. They want to make you think. They want it to be a thinking game instead of a football game."

What is it in reference to?

"They don't want to just sit there, line up and play football," Porter charged. "They want to try to catch you off guard. They don't want to play smash-mouth football, they want to trick you. ... They want to catch you substituting. Know what I mean? They don't want to just call a play, get up there and run a play. They (the Colts) want to make you think. They want it to be a thinking game instead of a football game."

I think it belongs in the Around the NFL forum.

When you do a no huddle and the QB makes all the call on the field they can catch players on Defense as the "WALK" off the field and do a hurry up snap for a quick 5 yards.

You're right, but that is not the reason that they do it. They do it so the opposing team cannot bring in other players to spell the current on the field players, and so the opposing team cannot bring in any special packages.

Archived