Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our O-Line Vs Seattle D-Line

RIDETHEWALRUS

I believe that our O-line can seriously out-muscle the Seattle D-Line. Here is a listing of position and weight.

Seattle

LDE Bryce Fisher 268 lbs

RDE Grant Winstrom 272 lbs

LDT Chuck Darby 270 lbs

RDT Marcus Tubbs 324 lbs

Redskins

LT Chris Samuels 310 lbs

LG Derrick Dockery 345 lbs

C Casey Rabach 301 lbs

RG Ray Brown 318 lbs

RT Jon Jansen 306 lbs

Seattle's LB corp is also on the light side. I hope our big hoss' will be able to outmuscle the hawks corp. We will have to focus on pounding the ball at them because of their D-line's speed on the edges.

What are your opinions on how our O-line will fare against the smaller Seattle D-line? Do you think Ray Brown will hold up being forced to face Marcus Tubbs and occassionally Grant Winstrom? Do you belive that Dockery can wait for the ball to be snapped before standing up? Will sheer size pay out?

out weighing them looks good for pounding the ball up the middle.

but what bout there speed, do they have more speed.... to get to Brunell.

it may not matter, just curious..

Im guessing we be fine.

Fisher is a decent pass rusher and Wistrom will be a handful if the crowd gets him going (very emotional) but other than that they tend to blitz to pressure the qb

I think Samuels, Brown and Jansen are all on the injury report, so we're not too healthy on the O-line. Out-powering them may be the best option for us--physically beat them up so that they slow down a bit on the pass rush.

Sacks is just another one of their stats that is overblown from their easy schedule.

Unless you believe that replacing Chike Okeafor with Bryce Fisher is enough to catapult them from near the bottom of the league in sacks to the top.

No replacing Okeafor with Fisher didn't improve the sack total. In fact they exchanged Chike's 8.5 for Fisher's 9. But, they also dumped Simmons (addition by subtraction), Added Chuck Darby, Got Tubbs back after his mothers long fight with Cancer, Drafted LeRoy Hill and Lofa Tatupu and had an offense that scored a bunch of points forcing other teams to throw.

Keep thinking those weak schedule thoughts, then when you get whooped we can only assume that the skins were another weak team.(They are decent, but not good enough)

No replacing Okeafor with Fisher didn't improve the sack total. In fact they exchanged Chike's 8.5 for Fisher's 9. But, they also dumped Simmons (addition by subtraction), Added Chuck Darby, Got Tubbs back after his mothers long fight with Cancer, Drafted LeRoy Hill and Lofa Tatupu and had an offense that scored a bunch of points forcing other teams to throw.

I know about Darby and Tubbs. It still doesn't give them the dominant defensive line that the stats might indicate.

I am worried about Samuels going against their speed guys. What I really like is our FB, Mike Sellars, is heavier than 3 of their 4 starting D-linemen. They do have very good speed in the LB corp too, but they are young so hopefully our veteran QB will be able to take advantage of their mistakes.

We got to grind it and control this game.

Yes, we need to pound the ball right at these guys. Speed is the main reason for us not having a good passing game last week, well that and having a 14 point lead. Still, I think Tampa's defense is WAY better than Seattle's. I think we're gonna wear them down.

They lead the league in sacks 32.5 out of 50 came from the D-line. The D-line can get after the QB.

I understand that they led the league in sacks. That is clear.

What isn't clear, however, is how many of those sacks came at the expense of o-line deficient/poor pass blocking teams such as the Niners twice, the Cardinals with Kurt Warner twice, the Rams twice, the Titans, and for good measure, the elite pass blocking unit known as the Houston Texans.

How many of those wonderful sack totals came against those pathetic teams???

EDIT: Brunell was sacked twice when we played them last time. But it was by Michael Boulware and Tatupu, who last time I checked, were not defensive linemen.

Keep thinking those weak schedule thoughts, then when you get whooped we can only assume that the skins were another weak team.(They are decent, but not good enough)

Whooped by who? Seattle already lost to us. There is no indication they have gotten better since then. They beat Dallas, so did we. They beat the Giants, so did we. They beat Philly, so did we. I could go on about who they beat that we also beat. But here is a fact, the only 2 legit teams they played were Jacksonville and the Redskins and they lost both. Don't even mention the Colts who rested most of their starters and didn't have Dungy on the sidelines.

Whooped by who? Seattle already lost to us. There is no indication they have gotten better since then. They beat Dallas, so did we. They beat the Giants, so did we. They beat Philly, so did we. I could go on about who they beat that we also beat. But here is a fact, the only 2 legit teams they played were Jacksonville and the Redskins and they lost both. Don't even mention the Colts who rested most of their starters and didn't have Dungy on the sidelines.

Agreed. They lost to the only two good teams they played.

All those highlights of Alexander that they show on ESPN came against the most pathetic defenses in the league: Rams, Cardinals, Texans, Niners.

Softest 13-3 team in the league.

Archived