Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can some one define the term "outcoached" ?

Riad

I always thought it always boiled down to the players and how they execute. What's your thought? I was listening to Tiki talk about being outcoched by the Panthers I'm sure most of you did too... just having hard time understanding the term :doh::doh:.

I saw the end of Tiki's convo with Letterman last night, and it sounded like he was basically saying that he was only trying to pay John Fox a complement, but it was taken as a shot at Coughlin and his staff. But it's basically what has been said already. When one coach has his team better prepared and adjusts to the what the other team is doing in the game quicker or more successfully than the opposing coach.

Execution is important. But if you are going into a game with an inferior gameplan, you're most likely going to get beat even if you do execute.

An extreme example is a corner blitz called against a screen to the same side. The corner does his job and sprints at the QB....only to watch the ball sail over his head and the runner now has no one between him and the goal line. You can execute as well as you want but that play call beat yours, period.

In the larger picture of an overall game you have to remember that all teams have weaknesses. These aren't pro-bowl squads so you don't have stars at every position. Guys are limited in talent. Coaches will try to exploit weaknesses and cover their own. When one team is able to exploit the other teams weakness while controlling the other teams strengths.....he's out coached his adversary.

Archived