Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Salary Cap Issues

hitmandm

First of all, the Skins are NOT at $113m against the cap next year, and Arrington WON'T cost $12m against the cap if he stays. So your entire premise is... wrong.

Wow, I just noticed that you're 97 years old.......congratulations. You should have your own little forum on this web site.

Well my analysis of his salcap came from that website. I suggest if you think I am wrong and the website is wrong, which I might be, then I think you need to explain yourself.

I am not a dumb Cowpies's fan...you ned to support your position...

Uhh... ok, you're not dumb. You think I need to explain myself? Did you get to the part where I said:

I explain it in depth here (with all the necessary caveats about the unknowns): Capology

Is it too hard to click the link? It would clear it all up for you.

Sigh... first of all, Arrington's cap number of $12m is wrong. The $6.5 roster bonus due in July will be converted and spread out over the life of the contract, lowering his cap to about $7m. Same with Marcus Washington: he's due a $2.5m bonus that because of the CBA expiring is listed as a 2006 hit in its entirety. Your site lists him at a $5.2m cap hit; he'll likely be $3.3m. The Skins are at about... drumroll please... $89.6m against the cap in 2006.

You could have saved yourself trouble by just saying that the Skins might be at $113.9 million for 2006 right now (which they are) but can make a few moves to get below $90 million (which they should be eventually).

The problem is if you do cuts and restructuring to get under the cap, what about the 5 million you need to sign draft picks? No free agency at all? How about your own Free Agents, like Rock Cartwright, who will have lots of interest, I believe...

Remember - without a 1st round pick - Skins will have little impact salary cap wise when it comes to draft picks.

Very little after the 3rd round adds to the salary cap - rule of 51 comes into play.

I have never been worried about the cap, we have some real cap genius' in our front office and Snyder will always find a way to use his money to his advantage. IF there is a cap when the CBA is reached there is no way it is going to be lower than what it is now, so i dont see us running into any problems

I doubt if Cartwright gets big $'s. Ladell Betts (after next year I think???) will be the one that the Skins will have to pay $$$'s to in order to keep.

Not big money but BIGGER money then the Skins will be able to give to their 3rd string RB with their cap how it presently looks.

Archived