Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

graphic representation of the seagulls schedule vs defenses

found this on another forum im usually on...actually put together by a steeler fan. lol. the defenses are sorted by points allowed per game.

seahawksaregay.jpg

"The green is the only reputable win but Indy didnt even play their starters in this game. (or their coach)

The red lines are games they lost...go figure they lost to teams with good D.

The pink are teams they beat with below average defense, thus Shaun's rushing title."

i know its hard to see the difference between the pink and the red, but the important thing is seeing the grouping at the bottom. lol.

Looking at their schedule just makes the 9 point spread look even more ridiculous. Lets look at the teams they beat by 9 points or more...Arizona (twice), Houston, St. Louis, Philadelphia, San Fransisco, and the Colts backups. Yeah, we are no better than that whos who list of crap teams.

And who hung within 9? A couple teams we have beaten by more in New York and Dallas, not to mention the horrible Niners, Rams, and Titans.

Yeah, we have NO chance in this game. :rolleyes:

Yes, we beat the Colts backups, but in case you didn't know or forgot, a Peyton-Manning-led Colts team took two trips to the red zone and came away with three points. Last time I checked, Peyton Manning was not their backup.

Oh, yes, looking at that defensive ranking, I notice that the Raiders are pretty far down that list. What was the score in that game you played against them? I don't quite remember, maybe one of you can help me out with that... :silly:

What this shows is that despite being the #1 seed in the NFC and possess a 13-3 record, the Seahawks are a good team that has a puffed up "elite" record thanks to a cupcake schedule and are clearly not an elite team.

They may turn into one this postseason but being a 9 point favorite against a Joe Gibbs team who has won 6 in a row and won 10 games against the 2nd or 3rd hardest schedule in the league is moronic.

According to that chart, 9 of their wins were against 6 out of the seven worst defenses in the NFL! WOW!!!!!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not going to say the Redskins will win, but boy with that schedule, I'm not sure Seattle has been a tough-fought, physical kind of game. Damn, I like our chances.

Yes, we beat the Colts backups, but in case you didn't know or forgot, a Peyton-Manning-led Colts team took two trips to the red zone and came away with three points. Last time I checked, Peyton Manning was not their backup.

do you really think you were playing the same caliber team w/o their head coach and deflated due to his son's death?

i mean if you dont think it would matter, i dont think anyone would protest if Holmgren stayed home. :laugh:

Oh, yes, looking at that defensive ranking, I notice that the Raiders are pretty far down that list. What was the score in that game you played against them? I don't quite remember, maybe one of you can help me out with that... :silly:

:snore: Is that the best that the Seahag fans have to offer? Yes, NY and Oakland were anomalies this past season, never to be repeated. Would you care to examine the Redskins' strength of schedule? Nah, you don't want to go there.

do you really think you were playing the same caliber team w/o their head coach and deflated due to his son's death?

i mean if you dont think it would matter, i dont think anyone would protest if Holmgren stayed home. :laugh:

:snore: Is that the best that the Seahag fans have to offer? Yes, NY and Oakland were anomalies this past season, never to be repeated. Would you care to examine the Redskins' strength of schedule? Nah, you don't want to go there.
You guys are funny! When we beat weak teams, its a powder puff schedule, but when you lose to one it's an anomoly. Brett Favre's dad died, and then he went out and had a great game and the Packers won -- but Tony Dungy's son died and the whole team goes disfunctional and it's the reason they lose. Whatever. Tony Dungy being gone is understandable, but it's not an excuse to lose. We've played this whole season without our D Coordinator, is that a good excuse for losing? Or are you just supposed to overcome obstacles and win anyway?

Resting players makes a loss far more easy to understand and excuse, and the Colts certainly did that during our game. My earlier point was only that we did well against their starters while their starters were on the field.

"The green is the only reputable win but Indy didnt even play their starters in this game. (or their coach)

The red lines are games they lost...go figure they lost to teams with good D.

The yellow are teams they beat with below average defense, thus Shaun's rushing title."

the important thing is seeing the grouping at the bottom. lol.

You guys are funny! When we beat weak teams, its a powder puff schedule, but when you lose to one it's an anomoly. Brett Favre's dad died, and then he went out and had a great game and the Packers won -- but Tony Dungy's son died and the whole team goes disfunctional and it's the reason they lose. Whatever. Tony Dungy being gone is understandable, but it's not an excuse to lose. We've played this whole season without our D Coordinator, is that a good excuse for losing? Or are you just supposed to overcome obstacles and win anyway?

Resting players makes a loss far more easy to understand and excuse, and the Colts certainly did that during our game. My earlier point was only that we did well against their starters while their starters were on the field.

That's correct. Again - STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE If we are able to beat a significantly greater number of better teams than the Seahags have, that isn't significant? If the teams that we've lost against - mostly by very close margins - are signficantly better than most of the teams the Seahags have beaten, then that's not significant? Come on, now. :doh:

You guys are funny! When we beat weak teams, its a powder puff schedule, but when you lose to one it's an anomoly. Brett Favre's dad died, and then he went out and had a great game and the Packers won -- but Tony Dungy's son died and the whole team goes disfunctional and it's the reason they lose.

you're still missing the point. dungy wasn't there. period.

Archived