Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia Media HATING on the Redskins

JJredskins00

It's hard to think of a more painful team to root for than the Eagles.

...Languishing somewhere between mediocrity and respectability for basically their entire existence, punctuated here and there by a few years where they looked like they could conceivably achieve something memorable... just to be knocked out every single time.

...All those reasonably decent Eagles teams of the late 80s and early 90s, some of which could have been contenders if not for the fact that in virtually any given year there was another team in their own division that was far better.

...To see the Redskins, Giants and Cowboys all win multiple Super Bowls in the span of just a decade -- a decade in which winning the NFC Championship was a sure-fire ticket to Disney World with a Lombardi trophy in hand -- a decade in which, year after year, the Eagles went absolutely nowhere.

...To have a great run in the early 2000s, a time in which the NFC was and continues to be the weaker conference, and to fail over and over again to reach the Super Bowl.

...To finally make the Big Show, and watch their team once again get slapped to the ground -- to fall into the ever-growing commoners' pit of teams that have lost to the Patriots in the waning seconds of a huge game. Teams that have just been outgutted and outgunned when it counted. Rams. Panthers. And now Eagles. Bend over, grab your ankles... thank you very much. The Eagles, just another notch on the bedpost.

...Watching their legacy disappear in a puff of quarterback-choking, primmadonna-canning smoke, becoming just another sidenote of NFL lore -- a poor man's Buffalo Bills, a story filled with guys who, even with a great coach and plenty of talent, just didn't have the character to get the job done when it counted. Guys who have never had the character to get the job done.

And this isn't spin. These are the hard facts. You really have to feel bad for the minority of die-hard Eagles fans who don't boo Santa and assault little kids wearing other teams' jerseys. There are some decent Eagles fans out there, and God bless 'em -- you can't question their loyalty as they lash themselves to the rails of that perpetually sinking ship.

You can question their sanity. Or their intelligence. Oh boy, can you question their intelligence. But not their loyalty.

If the Philly media wants to blast virtriolic propaganda to distract the trophy-starved masses of Eagles fans from their own misery -- if they want to try in vain to drag down another city's successful team -- then I say let them try. They'll fail, just as they always have. You can't cheat an honest man and you can't drag down a proud franchise with frothing lies. Let them embarrass themselves and their city to whatever extent they like. The passage of time will -- and already does -- judge them as pathetic, unmemorable hotheads and losers.

Or to put it another way, never interrupt your enemy while he's in the process of destroying himself. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

It's hard to think of a more painful team to root for than the Eagles.

...Languishing somewhere between mediocrity and respectability for basically their entire existence, punctuated here and there by a few years where they looked like they could conceivably achieve something memorable... just to be knocked out every single time.

...All those reasonably decent Eagles teams of the late 80s and early 90s, some of which could have been contenders if not for the fact that in virtually any given year there was another team in their own division that was far better.

...To see the Redskins, Giants and Cowboys all win multiple Super Bowls in the span of just a decade -- a decade in which winning the NFC Championship was a sure-fire ticket to Disney World with a Lombardi trophy in hand -- a decade in which, year after year, the Eagles went absolutely nowhere.

...To have a great run in the early 2000s, a time in which the NFC was and continues to be the weaker conference, and to fail over and over again to reach the Super Bowl.

...To finally make the Big Show, and watch their team once again get slapped to the ground -- to fall into the ever-growing commoners' pit of teams that have lost to the Patriots in the waning seconds of a huge game. Teams that have just been outgutted and outgunned when it counted. Rams. Panthers. And now Eagles. Bend over, grab your ankles... thank you very much. The Eagles, just another notch on the bedpost.

...Watching their legacy disappear in a puff of quarterback-choking, primmadonna-canning smoke, becoming just another sidenote of NFL lore -- a poor man's Buffalo Bills, a story filled with guys who, even with a great coach and plenty of talent, just didn't have the character to get the job done when it counted. Guys who have never had the character to get the job done.

And this isn't spin. These are the hard facts. You really have to feel bad for the minority of die-hard Eagles fans who don't boo Santa and assault little kids wearing other teams' jerseys. There are some decent Eagles fans out there, and God bless 'em -- you can't question their loyalty as they lash themselves to the rails of that perpetually sinking ship.

You can question their sanity. Or their intelligence. Oh boy, can you question their intelligence. But not their loyalty.

If the Philly media wants to blast virtriolic propaganda to distract the trophy-starved masses of Eagles fans from their own misery -- if they want to try in vain to drag down another city's successful team -- then I say let them try. They'll fail, just as they always have. You can't cheat an honest man and you can't drag down a proud franchise with frothing lies. Let them embarrass themselves and their city to whatever extent they like. The passage of time will -- and already does -- judge them as pathetic, unmemorable hotheads and losers.

Or to put it another way, never interrupt your enemy while he's in the process of destroying himself. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

That was THE best description I have ever read about Eagle fans.

BRAVO. :applause:

The Eagles fans and media are angry and upset that the Redskins went to the postseason in 2005 and their team crashed and burned, party no fault due to injury but also due to lingering personnel issues (the implosion of Terrell Owens and the release of Corey Simon).

Yo. This is my 1st post. All I can say is what a site. I live in Southern NJ and heard the Eskin show today as I was driving home. He gave the Skins zero credit and feels they will be at the bottom next season. He based his rankings on this years team. Once we get a 2nd WR we are golden.

This is great. I have been a Skins fan since 1980, I did have a #55 Hamburger jersey. Othere than that I have a Kelvin Bryant jersey. I feel like I found a home.

The last 2 days I have worn my Portis jersey and Skins sweatshirt to work. All either Philly or NYG fans. They can't stand it. They all kept reminding me last season that getting JG was a joke and the Game Passed Him By. Who went to the 2nd RD of the playoffs....

I'm not sure why anyone would listen to 610 WIP...Eagles fans or anyone else. It's just a bunch of knuckleheads calling up spewing garbage.

The people that do call up (and Eskin for that matter) are just talking down the skins because they are getting very, very, very nervous about their position in the NFC east. :eaglesuck

I'm not sure why anyone would listen to 610 WIP...Eagles fans or anyone else. It's just a bunch of knuckleheads calling up spewing garbage.

The people that do call up (and Eskin for that matter) are just talking down the skins because they are getting very, very, very nervous about their position in the NFC east. :eaglesuck

Eagles fans think Eskin is a GOD of some kind.

...oh by the way when we were 3-2 he predicted us to finish 5-11....some GOD.

Not defending them but Eagles fans/media all hate on everyteam...even their own....the only 2 things in life Eagles fans hate more than the Redskins/Cowboys are Peyton and Eli manning.

Eskin is gonna sit there and conduct a radio show rating how the Skins will do next year basing it off THIS years team???? How does he think the Iggs will do NEXT year basing it off THIS years iggles squad????

He wont do that......typical eagle fan.

They all are conviced with Donovan back they will go 14-2.....The Eagles with McNabb still arent a threat to do damage.

Archived