Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You will lose by 20

Tubfart

Certainly the Seahawks are a good team who should obviously be favored to win the game. We're the last seed on the road a little more beat up than they are. But, simply being the No. 6 seed isn't the apt comparison. You'd have to compare the No. 6 seeds who've already beaten the No. 1 seed during the football season who are on a six-game winning streak heading into the game against that No. 1 seed.

How have those No. 6 seeds done? Have there been any?

I would not be surprised if the Redskins lost or even were hammered. Having to play on such an emotional high for so long takes its toll and if the gas runs out, it could get ugly. I also wouldn't be surprised if we were to win. The Redskins are a more physical team. A more battle tested team coming through a harder schedule. The Redskins have played in more close games, indicating an ability to handle the pressure somewhat better. The Redskins are more balanced with a pretty good defense and a pretty good offense where the Seahawks have a great offense and average defense.

Importantly, the Redskins match up well against the Seahawks. We're a strong, physical offense against a smallish defense. We've already shown we can control the ball against you and limit the impact of your strong offense. If we keep it close, your crowd will wear out, for not having been here before, and you'll lose pace for not being able to match us blow for blow.

I wouldn't be surprised by that either.

That floundering cowboys team beat carolina on the road the following week--please don't even attempt to compare strength of schedule with us--it just makes you look completely ridiculous

All I'm saying is.. what makes you think that you are "not your average 6 seed".. you have as many questions as we do.. yet you all are real quick to write us off, but you guys are Super Bowl bound?

Maybe we should cancel the team charter out to Seattle, huh? I guess we don't have a chance...in the immortal words of the great Matty H: "We want the ball, and we're gonna win!" That by the way was uber-gay. And guess what, you lost? Is it fun being a seahawks fan?

Acording to all the stupid critics we don't even have a slim chance of pulling this off. People just can't stop the hatred for the skins! I'm pulling for the skins! WE HAVE JOE GIBBS ON OUR SIDE!:cheers:

Tubfart =

curious%20donkey.jpgClown%201_sml.jpg

So he's a donkey-clown or a clown-donkey? Or is he a clown that can also play as a donkey to keep the children laughing? Or is he a donkey who's owner(Redskins) dressed him as a clown(after 35-7 domination)?

:cool:

Certainly the Seahawks are a good team who should obviously be favored to win the game. We're the last seed on the road a little more beat up than they are. But, simply being the No. 6 seed isn't the apt comparison. You'd have to compare the No. 6 seeds who've already beaten the No. 1 seed during the football season who are on a six-game winning streak heading into the game against that No. 1 seed.

How have those No. 6 seeds done? Have there been any?

I would not be surprised if the Redskins lost or even were hammered. Having to play on such an emotional high for so long takes its toll and if the gas runs out, it could get ugly. I also wouldn't be surprised if we were to win. The Redskins are a more physical team. A more battle tested team coming through a harder schedule. The Redskins have played in more close games, indicating an ability to handle the pressure somewhat better. The Redskins are more balanced with a pretty good defense and a pretty good offense where the Seahawks have a great offense and average defense.

Importantly, the Redskins match up well against the Seahawks. We're a strong, physical offense against a smallish defense. We've already shown we can control the ball against you and limit the impact of your strong offense. If we keep it close, your crowd will wear out, for not having been here before, and you'll lose pace for not being able to match us blow for blow.

I wouldn't be surprised by that either.

Hey Art--Damn fine analysis! May I add a footnote? I would be surprised if we didn't kick the living crap out of the Seabirds!

:wave:

Based on what?

Or your 5 game win streak to get into the playoffs that included victories against Arizona, St. Louis, and a floundering Cowboys team.

We really don't know what kind of team you are - but we're soon going to find out aren't we?

Don't forget the NY Giants,who we blew out. Your Hawks have had a very hard time with the NFC East(except for a decimated by injury Philly team).

But please, by all means, take us lightly.

All I'm saying is.. what makes you think that you are "not your average 6 seed".. you have as many questions as we do.. yet you all are real quick to write us off, but you guys are Super Bowl bound?[/quote

That's a fair question--I'll give you a couple of reasons why I do not believe we are your average 6-seed.

1) Your average 6 seed doesn't beat the 3-seed on the road.

2) Your average 6 seed isn't coached by a guy whose postseason record is 17-5, good for 3rd all time.

3) Your average 6 seed doesn't play defense the way the Skins do.

Now--I for one am not writing the Seahawks off--they are a very good team, no doubt. But keep in mind, my dear Trufant, that this is a Redskins board, so you should expect Skins fans to write off any team we are playing!

Now hear me out on this...it's very scientific.

The number 6 seed was first introudced in 1990. Since that time, there have been exactly NINE 6 seeds that moved on to the second round.

Those nine teams went 0-9.

They lost by an average of 20.11 points a game.

Thus, you will lose by about 20 points.

There, now you don't have to watch.

www.profootballreference.com.

:D

.................................................:confused: :rubeyes: ...........

''Shut the hell up!!''

Are you kidding me? That's why there are stats, records and games to be played. Just look at the records being written and rewritten every year. We just rewrote one last week by grinding out a win last week with the least yards gener. ated on offense ever in the history. Winning ugly is winning nevertheless. This weeks win is gonna be another thing of beauty cause winning ugl is always beautiful to me! The seahawks no oh so little in the postseason of this.

P.s any lombardies hanging out in the seahawks lobby? Oh, of couse not.

This statement is from a hater and don't buy in to that nonsense. the seachicken's have played 8 games which were teams bellow .500 the aren't "battle tested" as Coach Gibbs likes to state. I refuse to play into that what happened last year, if this team and it's fans took that approach we would be 6-10 sitting home.I will keep believing and know we are moving on in this playoff run.So hate on it makes us stronger and drives us to defy all odds.Hail Skins

All I'm saying is.. what makes you think that you are "not your average 6 seed".. you have as many questions as we do.. yet you all are real quick to write us off, but you guys are Super Bowl bound?

Wait! WE"RE real quick to write YOU off? You guys are the ones acting like this'll be a cakewalk.How the hell can you come to an opponents website to crow about your team and attempt to cry about bravado? Freakin hypocrite...jesus!

Archived