Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How far would you travel to attend a Redskins game?

GZSkins

Before this season starts, I wanted to remark how amazing it is that there are so many Redskins fans from all over the world. I haven't been as excited about the start of a season since the last Super Bowl year of 1991.

Not to be too long winded, I was curious with the influx of the new Gatorskins fans to the program, what is the furthest anyone has travelled to attend a Redskins game.

As one of the most extreme geographically and time phrame challenged Redskins fans, I wanted to inquire as to how far any of you fellow Extremeskins fans members have travelled to attend a Redskins game?

In 1998, I travelled from Hong Kong to Minneapolis to watch the Norv led Skins lose to the Vikes. Last year, I also went from Hong Kong to New Orleans to see the Skins crush the 'Aints.

As I believe that this will turn out to be a breakthrogh year for the Redskins, my question is how far would you go to see the Skins play in person?

Already this year I have attended the game in Osaka, so you could say that I am ready to a return to the glory of the "Joe Gibbs" era.

What do the rest of you think?

Tim, the exemely geo challenged fan in supposedly "Communist" China.

Tim,

I was at the game in NO last year too... I remember seeing alot of Skins fans there. My first time in NO and a Skins game as well... life doesnt get much better :cool:

At Hogfest the past few years, we've had people from California to Washington St. to Texas to Florida to Vermont..... its been awesome!

If anyone else is thinking about coming to town for a Skins game, Hogfest is the PERFECT opportunity! I can not emphasize how great of a time it is.

If you're interested in more info on this year's Hogfest, go here:

http://geocities.com/hogfest2000

Hope to see you all there!

i was at the saints game last year as well--we had a block of 14 skins fans/dc ex-pats. after our first score, hail to redskins had to be explained to the saints fans sitting behind us. many rousing renditions later, some were singing along but most had cleared out.

travel from china though--deserves an airplane avatar

I had everything setup to go from southern mexico to New Orleans when the schedule makers had the stupid idea of picking December 29th (or 30th) for the game.....

My boss (wife) said: "Are you out of your ****ing mind" :jerkoff:

Originally posted by Redskins4Life

I'll be flying down to Seattle to see my first Redskins game in enemy territory, and in a brand spankin' new stadium. I have everything secured right now, except for the game and plane tickets.

Go to Ticketmaster.com they are selling them now, that is where I got my tickets for the Redskins / Seahawks Game.

I traveled cross country the past two seasons to see a Redskins game. That would be over 2,500 miles.

I traveled about 270 miles a few years ago to see the Skins play Atlanta in Lanta. I will never forget how cold and rainey it was and the halftime score was 34-10 in favor of the Falcons. The final score was 35-34...Skins won the game. This actually was in the early 90's.

Boy what a game.

Hey Hoya,

I was at that game also. Went with about 15 Skins fans from DC. I had to fly back early for my bar induction ceremony and saw the winning TD in an airport bar. Good memories of that game.

Blade, I would love to make "Hogfest", but don't think that can take the time to make the trip. Am looking at going to the TN game as there are Chinese holidays at that time. Can't find tix yet, though.

Tim

Originally posted by fuji869

Go to Ticketmaster.com they are selling them now, that is where I got my tickets for the Redskins / Seahawks Game.

I traveled cross country the past two seasons to see a Redskins game. That would be over 2,500 miles.

I'll be doing that as soon as I get the bankroll to do it. Someone said that they're going to be doing an Extremeskins.com tail-gating thing @ Seahawk stadium or something ?? Us West Coasters should make plans for that since it is coming up soon, ya know?

Drove to Detroit from central PA To watch Norv and the boys get smashed by Gus FRERROTTE in 1999

Flew to dallas from central pa for the Monday night game last year Remember how they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that one:puke:

We are going to tennesse in october to see them smash the dirty nasty Titans

Archived