Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Guarantee

SimpleHawk

While so many on this board seem to be doubters ("we have to do this to win, we have to do that"), I will put down the FINAL score of the game right now. No "if this happens", no "as long as we don't turn the ball over" crap.

Fact: Against COMMON opponents (eliminating our victory over Seattle) we scored an average of 25 pts a game. We gave up only 16 pts a game.

Seattle, OTOH, scored an average of 32 pts a game and gave up 15 pts a game.

Therefore, adding in the fact that they are RUSTY from their week off, the SKINS win 23-19.

Nice try. :)

Of course our common opponents break down like this:

Seahawks:

49ers (4-12) twice

Rams (6-10) twice

Cards (5-11) twice

NY Giants (11-5) at home

Dallas (9-7) at home

Philly (6-10) away

Redskins:

49ers at home

Rams away

Cards away

Giants twice

Dallas twice

Philly twice

So ... basically the combined record of our 'common opponents' was:

56-88 for Seattle

67-77 for Washington

Not only that, Seattle played zero games against a team with a winning record on the road. The Redskins had two. Seattle had five total home games. Redskins had four. Seattle played two teams with a winning record. The Redskins played four.

There are a lot of arguements you can present in Seattle's favor. That ain't one of them. You've got to do a LOT better than that if you want to make a salient point here, bud. Give it another shot. :)

Actually most guys on this board are pretty cool. Sticking mostly to the facts, even if those facts seem to all point towards a Seahawk victory this Saturday.

That's because you're only focusing on the stats that support your side. AND there's a difference between facts, and stats

Fact is there is ONLY one team I truely despise - and that is the Cowboys.

This I can agree with you on.

:dallasuck

Just for kicks I did a calculation of scores against truly common opponents:

(49ers, @Rams, @Cards, Giants, Cowboys, @Eagles)

The Redskins average:

32.3 on offense

13.8 on defense

The Seahawks average:

30.7 on offense

11.5 on defense

Pretty darn even. The Seahawks are .7 better in the point differential.

Then again, we beat them. :)

those losers dont even have a defense that can stop people from passing on them

the skins gave up 3081 yards passing while the seahawks gave up 3559

I see your point with this, but that really only equates to like 30 more yards a game. I know this much. Their defense is not going to stop our offense.

Just for kicks I did a calculation of scores against truly common opponents:

(49ers, @Rams, @Cards, Giants, Cowboys, @Eagles)

The Redskins average:

32.3 on offense

13.8 on defense

The Seahawks average:

30.7 on offense

11.5 on defense

Pretty darn even. The Seahawks are .7 better in the point differential.

Then again, we beat them. :)

And they got to play the Eagles without Mc Nabb and they got the Giants and Cowboys at home while we got 2 of their 3 divisional teams on the road. We got to play all 3 of the stronger common teams twice while they got to play the 3 weaker ones twice.

I'd say that we did better overall in those games than they did. Consider that in those averages is a 36-0 blowout in NY early in the season as well.

Eagles>49ers

Giants>Rams

Cowboys>Cardinals

and we had to break very bad streaks against the Cowboys and Eagles to do it.

I'm not even going to get into this being just Gibbs 2nd season back vs Holmgren coaching for the past couple decades with 6-7 of those seasons being in Seattle.

I agree with everything being said about the shehawks being overrated and all of that, but the fact is they are confident (so we must get up early)and it doesnt matter what has happened in the past.

The fact is, this is one game. We dont know what seahawks team we may play. Many things can happen even when we have played harder people. We are playing them and they are playing us, we arent seeing who had a harder schedual to determine who moves forward. We are playing the seahawks team however well they play. We shouldnt really see it as playing the team that "should have lost to NYG" or "had the 32nd hardest schedual".

That being said, seattle is vasty overrated and we wll definitely have a great chance to win. Im not trying to be pessimistic, im just saying what i think. All of this information regarding scheduals bodes well for us and is encouraging, im just trying to give another, maybe more cautious way to look at it.

Archived