Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the RESPECT?!

SimpleHawk

I love the underdog role! When we beat the Broncos in the SB, we were big time dogs all the way. When we lost to the Raiders we were big time favorites, look what happened. The only time I was comfortable was when we beat the Bills. That year we were slight favorites. I even think in SB7 we were the dogs too, we won!

We must love the position we are in, everything is gravey her-on-in!

Hell, no one respected the Redskins in the 80s. They were the precursors to the current NE Patriots. Only we didn't have the same QB. Big adv to NE. You look at the Patriots and you say...okay...gimme Brady. After that? Who would you really go after in free agency? Maybe Branch. Maybe Vinateri. The Redskins had DG and Monk. That was about it. No realy superstars on either side of the ball. Even though our O-Line was great at working together they weren't the most athletic.

I submit to you that Belichick stole JG's recipe for success. Sure, you need a couple guys who can really play. But the backbone of your team should be those hard working guys that won't hide in the fox hole when the real bullets start flying. Those guys who make the average salary but will always lay it on the line. They won't look flashy. Their 40 times will be ho hum. But they'll be there for you when you really need it.

Surprising that as big a fan as Snyder was he didn't pick up on this. I used to scream about him playing fantasy football. Big names don't win championships. You need a team of unselfish people who will sell out for their team mates. I hope they -never- respect us! Long as we're lifting up trophies at the end of the day I'll be happy. They can point to all the short comings and weaknesses we have all day long. They have to talk about something. But the really smart people (Joey Theisman) know what they don't. Character matters :)

Edit: Damn my grade school i before e mantra.

Hell, no one respected the Redskins in the 80s. They were the precursors to the current NE Patriots. Only we didn't have the same QB. Big adv to NE. You look at the Patriots and you say...okay...gimme Brady. After that? Who would you really go after in free agency? Maybe Branch. Maybe Vinateri. The Redskins had DG and Monk. That was about it. No realy superstars on either side of the ball. Even though our O-Line was great at working together they weren't the most athletic.

I appreciate your statements, but I will never allow anybody to shortchange Gary Clark! That guy was the best player on the team!

I appreciate your statements, but I will never allow anybody to shortchange Gary Clark! That guy was the best player on the team!

Oh don't misunderstand me. I love every one of those guys. Rich Milot. Neil Olkewicz. GC had to go the USFL route first. He wasn't your prototype receiver. And that kinda makes my point. The 49ers prob would have never given him a second chance. But gimme GC across the middle on 3rd down any day. I know come hell or high water he's gonna come down with the ball. We had a ton of guys like him. A lot that went elsewhere and didn't do squat. (What did Ryp ever do after he left?) But under JG's system they flourished.

JG is doing it again :) He's flying below the radar and doing just enough to win. That's all that matters in the end.

p.s. What the hell was the name of our other money guy out of the backfield. Last name started with an 'm' I think. He always had a knack for coming up with key 3rd downs. That was about it lol. He did that and special teams.

Dan Patrick quote:

"The Redskisn are going to give the Seattle Seahawks, more then they can handle, and then some."

He didn't pick a winner, but thinks it's a very dangerous game for the Seahawks.

I can concur. This is a Joe Gibbs coached team.

Archived