Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crybaby Bucs Fans

skinsmania

Hi, I live in Safety Harbor Fla, a stone's throw from Tampa, and all I've been hearing all weekend and today from Buc's Fans is how that TD non-catch was a catch. They've been whining all weekend, saying that they beat my Redskins up and down the field. I had to remind them of that non 2 pt. conversion back in Nov, and of course they kept saying Alsnott was clearly in. I told them to come to my house and I can show them all the replays they want (have TIVO in the house) and prove to them that he didn't catch the ball. No wonder he is a 3rd, 4th receiver. I even had one guy stopped beside me at a stoplight, roll down his window and yelled "Redskins Suck the big one". I just politely responded by saying "Tell me again, who are the Bucs playing next week?"....OOPS, I forgot.....NOBODY!!!!!!

Hi, I live in Safety Harbor Fla, a stone's throw from Tampa, and all I've been hearing all weekend and today from Buc's Fans is how that TD non-catch was a catch. They've been whining all weekend, saying that they beat my Redskins up and down the field. I had to remind them of that non 2 pt. conversion back in Nov, and of course they kept saying Alsnott was clearly in. I told them to come to my house and I can show them all the replays they want (have TIVO in the house) and prove to them that he didn't catch the ball. No wonder he is a 3rd, 4th receiver. I even had one guy stopped beside me at a stoplight, roll down his window and yelled "Redskins Suck the big one". I just politely responded by saying "Tell me again, who are the Bucs playing next week?"....OOPS, I forgot.....NOBODY!!!!!!

they also forget, that they got this same call against Atlanta, that won them the game...Roddy white was the receiver for the Falcons...alomost the identical situation...same call also, I might add...NO CATCH

I don't understand how they can say they got robbed. According to the rules it was not a catch. The refs made the correct call, it's a non-issue. How can whine about the refs making the right call? That's like arguing, "if only the refs screwed up a couple calls, we would've won the game."

It is just ignorant to be upset about a call that was clearly the right call as the non-catch was. We don't like the tuck rule. They may not like that rule. But, the rule exists and is clear and that's all. Except in our case, our guy tucked it and threw a lateral which is a fumble so they hosed us. In their case, the call was made precisely accurately by the rules of the game. These aren't hard rules. These are pretty simple and clear rules.

It was obviously the right call by the rules. And this rule is a better one than the tuck rule. A receiver has to maintain control of the ball to have possession of a catch. This is basic football. No one doubts this. Deep down, even Bucs fans can't seriously.

Well... tell them about how fortunate they were TWICE.

Portis underthrew a wide open Moss, and Brunell barely missed him on the fake screen. Our offense wouldn't have looked so bad on the stat sheet then now would it?

Two touchdowns right there.

After hearing their smack all week, and then their ****ing about "ALL" the calls they got, I am very happy that the Shepard catch was that close. In my opinion, it was obviously not a catch if you look at the right replays (even without analyzing any particular rule), but frustratingly close if you were a Bucs fan, which makes me smile with glee when I think back to how they treated the Alstott call. But, no completed pass, in the field or in the end zone should end up on the ground, under the receiver's bread basket, WITH NO HANDS TO BE SEEN !!!!!

Archived