Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Problem I have with the spitting incident

Westbrook36

Taylor deserved to get kicked out for spitting, and I don't think Pittman should be penalized because I have a hard time accepting the idea that anyone here wouldn't retaliate if spit upon... This is not an issue of being a skins fan against non-skins fans... This is an issue of simple human decency, of which Taylor has NONE

Allright this is getting silly. It's you Throw you GO. Doesn't matter that you don't blame him. Doesnt matter how he felt about it. In the NFL you cant punch another player for ANY reason. Shed a tear for Pittman(speaking of pillars of human decency :rolleyes: ) if you feel so bad for him but it doesn't change the fact that he SHOULD have been bounced for the punch.

Allright this is getting silly. It's you Throw you GO. Doesn't matter that you don't blame him. Doesnt matter how he felt about it. In the NFL you cant punch another player for ANY reason. Shed a tear for Pittman(speaking of pillars of human decency :rolleyes: ) if you feel so bad for him but it doesn't change the fact that he SHOULD have been bounced for the punch.

So you've honestly never seen an incident where a semi-skirmish broke out and atleast one of the players wasn't ejected?

Have you watched the officiating the last couple of years? How could you not question what the ref said he saw. They could have looked at the replay with six different angle and STILL get it wrong.

Wow... it's like traveling back in time and listening to kids argue that Britney Spears doesn't lipsynch... or going even further back and hearing them argue Santa exists... Why is it so hard to believe that someone wearing the Burgundy and Gold did something wrong?

Have you watched the officiating the last couple of years? How could you not question what the ref said he saw. They could have looked at the replay with six different angle and STILL get it wrong.

Well, with regards to plays..yup, I agree. But standing next to a guy, it's pretty hard to screw that up.

Sorry bro, only using "you" as an example. Certainly didn't mean anything by it.

I wouldn't assume anything either way...about anyone but family.

ok...let's stop this arguement/conversation...i'm tired...long day.......u gave ur opinion and i gave mine....i respect ur opinion and hope u respect mine....

So?? Pittman is a wife beater!

Regardless, there is no in-game penalty for wife beating in the NFL. Just like there's no penalty for bad drivers, people who haul around hundreds of pounds of weed in their trunk, or for attempting to bribe cops. That's all off field stuff, and should be addressed off field.

There is, however, a penalty for punching another player's facemask. Pittman should have been penalized for that.

Failure to penalize illegal actions during a game which are done to retaliate was a shortcoming of the refs. Imagine how the game would have gone if somebody for the Bengals had punched a Steeler in retaliation for Palmer getting injured. I hope the failure to penalize Pittman is addressed by the league, and in future conflicts, both parties who commit illegal actions are penalized appropriately.

Taylor deserved to get kicked out for spitting, and I don't think Pittman should be penalized because I have a hard time accepting the idea that anyone here wouldn't retaliate if spit upon... This is not an issue of being a skins fan against non-skins fans... This is an issue of simple human decency, of which Taylor has NONE

Human decency...in NFL football games...I don't think you are operating in the real world.

A football game is 22 guys on the field trying to knock the #$%^&*() out of each other!

Kele pittman should have been bounced too.The rules are clear. Punching another player is a penalty and an ejection. No stipulations for retaliation. Now stop it. Your wrong and thats all there is to it. You feel that pointing out that the officials are fallible is irrellevent. Thats ok , your perogative. I actually concede the possibilty that ST did in fact expectorate on pittman. I just don't feel that because a ref says something is so makes it gospel. That goes for you to. Now the fact that pittman punched ST is irrefutable so by rule should he have been ejected.By rule. Feelings don't enter it.

My problems with the episode.

1. EJECTION for spitting???? :wtf: Guys spear, head shot, knee chops... and never get ejected

2. What did Pittman do to cause Taylor to spit? Did he spit, did he say something highly offensive (just as disrespectful as spitting)... anything??

3. If a guy can be penalized for hitting back... heck pushing someone after a cheapshot... how did Pittman get off scott free for punching Taylor in FRONT OF THE REF!

4. No matter what happen... Taylor has to get his emotions in check, you can't give a team a second chance like that in a playoff game. Stupid penalties kill.

I know this is getting old quickly, but I have a few questions to ask.....

i havent read everything everone wriot but ill state what i saw.

Have you ever worn a face mask and a mouth guard?

I have. very hard to spit...... that happened during the play and i never saw sean w/ his mouth guard in his hand.

Another thing... If someone spits in your face, what is your first reaction????

Wipe the spit off.... i never saw Michael Spitman reach for his face nor did i see spit.

The referee came in late and i actually believe that was Spitmans story to the ref.

thats my story and im sticking to it

I hate when the NFL is inconsistant. Time is yours.
you know i really hate the same exact thing. i think taylor should have been fined, especially for something that disrespectful and disgraceful, but whats eating me is that clinton portis was fines 20,000 for his SOCKS and taylor was fined 17000 for something completely unaceptable! the league clearly has priorities mixed up

What frosts me is all you clowns trying to defend ST because:

A: You didn't see it therefore it didn't happen.

B: The spittle didn't hit Pittman in the face therefore it didn't happen.

C: Pittman is a wifebeater therefore he deserved it.

D: Pittman must have been talking smack therefore he deserved it.

E: You can't trust an NFL official to get the call right even if play has stopped and he's standing 2 feet away from the incident and looking squarely at ST when it happens.

F: You all flat out refuse to take your B&G glasses off.

Every one of you, if you had any cajones, would have reacted the same way Pittman did! And every one of you would do a lightning quick 180 and argue ST had every right to smack Pittman if the shoe were on the other foot!

Pittman being a wife beater does not affect anything having to do with this incident. Personally, I think the man is scum, but that doesn't change what I said.

I'm sure the ref didn't make this up - the question for me is was he sure of this before he threw the flag.

I too agree that you simply can't allow a player to throw - and land! - a punch to someone's head without penalizing them, if not ejecting them outright. It makes no sense.

The ref did not/has not said he saw it. He merely stated Taylor did. Pittman could have hoaxed him into it. I would like to know why the ref didn't throw a flag until after Pitman hit Taylor. If the ref did indeed see Taylor spit, why was the flag not thrown immediately

What frosts me is all you clowns trying to defend ST because:

A: You didn't see it therefore it didn't happen.

B: The spittle didn't hit Pittman in the face therefore it didn't happen.

C: Pittman is a wifebeater therefore he deserved it.

D: Pittman must have been talking smack therefore he deserved it.

E: You can't trust an NFL official to get the call right even if play has stopped and he's standing 2 feet away from the incident and looking squarely at ST when it happens.

F: You all flat out refuse to take your B&G glasses off.

Every one of you, if you had any cajones, would have reacted the same way Pittman did! And every one of you would do a lightning quick 180 and argue ST had every right to smack Pittman if the shoe were on the other foot!

Ding.

You think Trotter's incident was worse then Pittmans? You don't think Pittman should have been penalized? Does your hate for the Eagles not allow you to see clearly?

I'm with you westy,

I dont know if ST spit. If he did he got his just punishment.....BUT Pittman should have been headed for the lockers too...! Wondering how SuperREF on NFL channel will justify this one!:mad:

Archived