Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Problem I have with the spitting incident

Westbrook36

Please don't merge. Original thought here. ;)

Who knows if Taylor spit. I think he probably did....shoot, now he has a history with last years incident, right?

Anyway, boot him from the game, punishment fits the crime. What about Pittman? The reason I'm SO PISSED is Trotter got ejected from the first Monday Night Game for MUCH LESS then that head slap that Pittman laid on Taylor. Shoot, Trotter just grabbed Hall's facemask.

I hate when the NFL is inconsistant. Time is yours.

i think he probably did spit; but i did think that their should have been offsetting penalties with Sean Taylor being ejected still. spitting is a bad thing; i think that is like a lesson most learned in preschool during recess.

and pittman isn't a wife beater - he's a wife runner over with my benz-er. he tried to run his wife over. Even OJ was like, "damn, that's cold"

I said this in a different thread, Joey Porter spit in Browns RB william Green's face in pregame warmups. Willie went after Joey and it looked like Joey got more then he was asking for, but it was broken up. They both were ejected and i think Porter was fined. So why wasnt Pittman ejected? Another point of inconsistency. And Trotter got in a fight with i beleive Kevin Mathis, not Deangelo Hall. Anyways, Westbrook36, I agree with you completely, inconsistency needs to be cut down. HAIL TO THE REDKSINS, HAIL VICTORY!!!

Pittman being a wife beater does not affect anything having to do with this incident. Personally, I think the man is scum, but that doesn't change what I said.

I'm sure the ref didn't make this up - the question for me is was he sure of this before he threw the flag.

I too agree that you simply can't allow a player to throw - and land! - a punch to someone's head without penalizing them, if not ejecting them outright. It makes no sense.

Trotter got tossed because he was trying to make it a rumble...

It's one thing if it's in the field of play...it's another if it's team antagonization.

You think Trotter's incident was worse then Pittmans? You don't think Pittman should have been penalized? Does your hate for the Eagles not allow you to see clearly?

So when was spitting in the NFL such a big deal? Did you hear Brian Mitchell on the comcast post game? He said when he was playing he was spit on too many times to count. I'm pretty sure old school NFL vets would say the same thing. The game was much tougher and less penalized. I'm pretty sure spitting still happens at the bottom of a pile and probably worse. Granted its not very sportmanlike, but you never know whats going on and whats being said out there.

Look, Trotter also has a history. History won't get the flags but it may enhance the penalty...see Marcus Vick.

Trotter got what he deserved and like this incident Hall got away with an unsportsman-like bit as well.

It doesn't change anything tho and some are trying to find solace in another bad deed. It doesn't exist. The spitting drew what was deserved, it not just unsportsmanlike, but let's face it, potentially dangerous.

Do we really know where Mr. Taylor's umm...ya know...has been?

A professional athlete is about the last place I want to get "fluids" from.

Taylor deserved to get kicked out for spitting, and I don't think Pittman should be penalized because I have a hard time accepting the idea that anyone here wouldn't retaliate if spit upon... This is not an issue of being a skins fan against non-skins fans... This is an issue of simple human decency, of which Taylor has NONE

I totally agree with u on that one!!! You stated that perfectly. I can say that if it was me, he would had been lucky with just a punch. To me, if Taylor did that, then I don't care how good of a player he is, we don't need him on our team. I hate to say that but its just my opinion. I back a team who plays hard and enjoys the game, not someone whose gonna get pissed off and spit at someone or rip someones face mask clear off! Just my opinion thats all.

Taylor deserved to get kicked out for spitting, and I don't think Pittman should be penalized because I have a hard time accepting the idea that anyone here wouldn't retaliate if spit upon... This is not an issue of being a skins fan against non-skins fans... This is an issue of simple human decency, of which Taylor has NONE

Archived