Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATE --- New York Skins Fans

bird_1972

I don't know but I've about had it with that place. The bartenders and owners have gotten a little hard to deal with and we've been screwed for seating a couple times now. I don't know if I'll be watching games there next season.

Let me know if you find anything J.

why - what has happened with your seating?

We had a reservation for a table for 10, then were squished into a tiny booth made for six. We spent close to 300 dollars and were rewarded with the table next to the bathroom--some sitting on the floor. I think the management is just sick of people complaining about the lack of seating--which is valid, given that I'm engaging in it right now :), but the customer service needs to improve.

I feel like they have a love-hate relationship with 'Skins fans, you know?

This past saturday The Falls was amazing, if you don't mind 200 Redskins fans packed into a bar. They even stopped letting people in for a little while. They said all tables were reserved within one hour of the end of the eagles game. It was a great scene though, and i've never had a problem with bartenders/management at all - and they were very grateful that i brought them the Hail to the Redskins CD this week.

But as for your question, there really isn't another bar close to The Falls in terms of a redskins contingent, but i have been to Joshua Tree on 3rd Ave a couple times and there was always a semi-good redskins scene. The Falls is definitely where it's at though.

We had a reservation for a table for 10, then were squished into a tiny booth made for six. We spent close to 300 dollars and were rewarded with the table next to the bathroom--some sitting on the floor. I think the management is just sick of people complaining about the lack of seating--which is valid, given that I'm engaging in it right now :), but the customer service needs to improve.

I feel like they have a love-hate relationship with 'Skins fans, you know?

Word.

If you don't make reservations by the night afterwards, you end up in a queue of like 20 other reservations.

Speaks of the need for another Skins bar in NYC if you ask me.

Word.

If you don't make reservations by the night afterwards, you end up in a queue of like 20 other reservations.

Speaks of the need for another Skins bar in NYC if you ask me.

You name the place man. But I think it won't take root until next season.

Maybe we can even get ZLT to come down for a game. :)

I didn't have a personal problem with them and in my dealings with them directly they have been friendly...what I've heard is largely second hand through the guys who tend to deal with them for our reservations.

I think the demand has shown that having 2 potential bars that cater to the Skins in NYC is needed. Not only that, but a little competition is good - free market economy being what it is, and all...

You name the place man. But I think it won't take root until next season.

Maybe we can even get ZLT to come down for a game. :)

Hah! I just have a thing about being able to watch a game without standing huddled in front of a bar with a few hundred people, and not being able to see/hear anything. That said, if I'm in the city next season, I promise I'll make it down for a game.

Three times I have had reservations there they have not kept them. The last time the waitress told me I had to confirm my reservation mid-week for a reservation I made the day of the game the week before. I caused enough of a stink that she put me at the top of the wait list and I ended up with a table.

Another time my brother got there early and they said they didn't have our reservation which I had completed through e-mail the day after a game. I had to e-mail my brother at his blackberry with the e-mail confirmation from the bar before they would give us our table.

I don't go down there unless the Skins aren't on TV. I would be all up for finding another bar in the city. I can't imagine it would be to tough.

Hah! I just have a thing about being able to watch a game without standing huddled in front of a bar with a few hundred people, and not being able to see/hear anything. That said, if I'm in the city next season, I promise I'll make it down for a game.

I'm very much the same way--but that mostly has to do with my temperment during game time.

I don't know but I've about had it with that place. The bartenders and owners have gotten a little hard to deal with and we've been screwed for seating a couple times now. I don't know if I'll be watching games there next season.

Let me know if you find anything J.

Wow, I never had a problem there. When you visited maybe it was overcrowded or something. I like going there.

Wow, I never had a problem there. When you visited maybe it was overcrowded or something. I like going there.

Everytime I've been there it's been overcrowded. I'm not saying it hasn't been fun--it has, but it's gets a little old when you're basically sitting on your friends laps and your neck hurts for two days after going. I'm all for ambience and watching games together, I'd just rather do it where there's better food and more space to sit down.

Like I said, I've enjoyed my time there, but I'm ready for some leg room.

OK.

Update:

For those living in NYC (particularly downtown), Busters Garage has better food than The Falls AND still has spaces avail if you are looking for a bar to watch the game in. Me and my buddies just grabbed a table for 8.

Might be fun to get some Falls refugees out there.

The Falls was a wild time last week, I went with a buddy of mine took the commute from Jersey and we were generously paid-off with a raucous environment and a victory. I agree I did get dirty looks from the waitresses a lot because I was in their way. We didn't have a seat, what the heck were we supposed to do?

Anyway I agree some NYC socialite should take the initiative and help migrate us sheep to another location for the sake of breathing room and seating. One person farted at the Falls, excuse my candidness, but they did, and literally it was like someone let out fart gas in every corner. IT was one of those hot, sticky, gross bars by the end of the game.

And I am not even 21.

OK.

Update:

For those living in NYC (particularly downtown), Busters Garage has better food than The Falls AND still has spaces avail if you are looking for a bar to watch the game in. Me and my buddies just grabbed a table for 8.

Might be fun to get some Falls refugees out there.

I know Buster's Garage.

They are on Church or Broadway right? I walk by it everytime I come up to the Falls.

I'll talk to my contingent, but I think we've already signed up for our last game at the Falls. Maybe next week.

Thanks for looking into this J.

Archived