Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Backoff the Hitman please.

Bigredskin77

Bunch of people need to quit crying.

It's football. I guess you'd have wanted Dick Butkus off your team too. How about Jack Lambert.. think maybe he ever spit at anyone in his career? Y'think maybe Ronnie Lott let fly with a little bit of unsavory play at times?

It's football. It is settled on the field. and if they can't settle it on the field, then they can go home and cry over it.

Unbunch thy panties.

And if you INSIST on taking these guys out of the context of the playing field, then fine, Michael Pittman has been arrested numerous times for spousal abuse, the latest being when he tried to ram her car with her and his baby AND their babysitter in it. A guy like that deserves more than spit in his face.

And if you INSIST on decrying Sean Taylor for being a thug or a pig, fine, don't invite him to your house for dinner. It's that simple. But for pete's sake, quit whining over the football game.

~Bang

Bunch of people need to quit crying.

It's football. I guess you'd have wanted Dick Butkus off your team too. How about Jack Lambert.. think maybe he ever spit at anyone in his career? Y'think maybe Ronnie Lott let fly with a little bit of unsavory play at times?

It's football. It is settled on the field. and if they can't settle it on the field, then they can go home and cry over it.

Unbunch thy panties.

And if you INSIST on taking these guys out of the context of the playing field, then fine, Michael Pittman has been arrested numerous times for spousal abuse, the latest being when he tried to ram her car with her and his baby AND their babysitter in it. A guy like that deserves more than spit in his face.

And if you INSIST on decrying Sean Taylor for being a thug or a pig, fine, don't invite him to your house for dinner. It's that simple. But for pete's sake, quit whining over the football game.

~Bang

:cheers: Amen to that. :logo:

Yeah, I've been in fights before and sometimes your temper gets the best of you and you do things you normally wouldn't.

When you're in a battle the word class goes out the window.

What amazes me is that there is a lot of people on this board that are ok with Taylor going out each week and trying to hurt them with how hard he hits. They laugh at how Lavar ended Aikmens career and they are ok with that... Yet a little spit flies and no one gets injured and everyone is up in arms about it.

Like I said, get over it. We should be pissed about him getting ejected from the game for being stupid? The rest is between him and Pittman.

That's what I'm talking 'bout. I don't condone ST spitting. I wish he had held his head and left that for later. We needed him in the 4th when the bucs almost pulled off the win.

I bet most of the posters talking about ST spitting have never played sports past middle school, not to mention varsity HS.

It's a war out there. You try to stay calm, but if you're too calm, when someone hits you, it hurts, real bad. Your teammates rally around and tell you how much they need you on the next play. You play with emotion and pretend you're superman. It's a violent sport, but I love it.

If some of you guys can't stand the violence, then maybe you should follow another sport like polo. That is polite violence on horseback; no spitting please :cool:

I know this is getting old quickly, but I have a few questions to ask.....

i havent read everything everone wriot but ill state what i saw.

Have you ever worn a face mask and a mouth guard?

I have. very hard to spit...... that happened during the play and i never saw sean w/ his mouth guard in his hand.

Another thing... If someone spits in your face, what is your first reaction????

Wipe the spit off.... i never saw Michael Spitman reach for his face nor did i see spit.

The referee came in late and i actually believe that was Spitmans story to the ref.

thats my story and im sticking to it

It sickens me to see how many people on here trying to prove Sean taylore spit in pittmans face and how wrong it was... I agree with spitting in pittmans face becuase Sean Taylor has no respect for people who try and stop the redskins from their destiny and neither do I and you shouldnt either. The man is a redskin, back him up right or wrong... do not call him a thug or any other bad names. Jeeze you all are acting like he plays for Dallas and can understand if it was Roy Williams.
are you kidding me? spitting in a mans face on the playing field is the highest level of disrespect and unsportsmanship. how can you say something like this? are you saying its ok to go around spitting at hoever you like becuase they may block something yo want to do? it sickens ME that you somehow thought that was ok, common get a clue, listen to gibbs's aftergame press confrense, he called it unaceptable, and HE is a redskin.

you also said always back a redskins no mater what. common do you really mean that? what if one of them murdered someone, is that something to back? unsportsmanlike conduct should be tolerate by no one, spiting in mans face is for war, not for some game thats based on sportsmanship and hardwork.

i'l call him whatever i want thank you, he may be a good player, but he sure shows that he sucks at being a good person, so i'll call hima thug when i want.

and it wouldn't mater who he played for, spitting on someone is unaceptable no matter who you are and to whom you do it on the playing field, and off it for that matter. you say we treat him like he plays for dallas? quite frankly anyone who spits on another man deserves to be treate like hes from dallas, no mater who he plays or, maybe then some respectability will return to the NFL, the one that george alen and vince lombardi knew, two great redskins coaches who would have ever tolerated that kind of behavior, just like gibbs never hs and never will...

The thing is Sean Taylor could be penalized inmore than one way. There's a fine line between being hard nosed and disrespectful. I love the guy's attitude and his play but if he indeed did it, he's wrong. Especially if it hurts the team with a penalty or him getting ejected. I can't really tell if he spit. but at that point Tampa was about to punt. Its alright for our defensive players to be jacked up but be smart. Just go ahead and leave the field. you can kill all your hard work by getting a dumb penalty. Also players remember and get personal when it comes to the pro bowl voting. Plus teams can get dirty and put a bounty out on him. He needs to be careful. :2cents:

There have been some pretty funny comments in this thread, but I think this one from the original post takes the cake:

A person with attitude and hatred for those who try and stop the skins from their destiny. I agree with spitting in pittmans face becuase Sean Taylor has no respect for people who try and stop the redskins from their destiny and neither do I and you shouldnt either.

Are you arguing that Sean Taylor should only have respect for opponents who give up and run away, because they're the ones who aren't trying to "stop the redskins from their DESTINY [emphasis added]"? This really makes no sense.

Football isn't war. It's a game played by professionals for money and to entertain us. Spitting on another player is despicable. It was a mistake that hurt the Redskins. What's so difficult to comprehend about that?

i still dont think he did it

you all say what you want.... he never took his mouth guard out...

spittman never reached for his face... never saw a head bob from either player ... and i believe the ref that came in late and that was spittmans excuse for slapping ST

PERIOD

This could be bad for the young man... someone on tv (can't remember who or where) said this could follow him around for a while. I can here other teams fans now - Sean "Lugie Launcher" Taylor or "The Houcking Hitman". Thank god there's no good video of the alleged incident.

What amazes me is that there is a lot of people on this board that are ok with Taylor going out each week and trying to hurt them with how hard he hits. They laugh at how Lavar ended Aikmens career and they are ok with that... Yet a little spit flies and no one gets injured and everyone is up in arms about it.

Like I said, get over it. We should be pissed about him getting ejected from the game for being stupid? The rest is between him and Pittman.

That's right, we like to see HARD HITS, it is part of the game. Getting SPIT on is not... Aikmen had a few concussions before Lavar introduced himself to him. Everyone is up in arms because a feared defender took himself out of the game, which could have HURT THE TEAM.

DO NOT EMBARASS THE REDSKINS

I love Taylor first and foremost, but I just wish the coaches (Williams) would have kept their opinion in-house as to whether they believed him or not on the spitting incident. I just think it looks bad when the ref (Mike Carey-pretty good in my opinion) sees it and throws the flag, then Williams comes out and says of Taylor denying it,"We believe him". Don't think it was necessary, especially if we have Mike Carey again in the playoffs. On a final note, if he hadn't spit, and Pittman takes a shot at Taylor like he did, I think we would have had the best heavyweight fight in many years on that night.

Archived