Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What a perfectly delicious set up we have here.

Art

So bench the man that got you here, for the kid that didn't? Let's not turn this into a Ramsey vs Brunell thread. Brunell played poorly, but it's too late to try and switch it all around.

I don't think it should be a Ramsey vs. Brunell thread either... but it took Gibbs an aweful long time to realize that Brunell was ineffective last season before he put in Ramsey. This year was proof that Brunell wasn't alright last year... and it seems that it's the case again.

I would hope that if Brunell starts the game off the way he played against the Bucs, that Gibbs pulls the trigger. We obviously don't have 8 weeks for reality to set in this time around. If Brunell isn't right, then a move needs to be made IMO.

Who knows though, there have been times this season where Brunell has let us down... only to bounce back the following week with a great game. Seems that those games are usually at home... we don't have that luxury this week.

I hope that he bouces back...

If Brunell is having such problems, why won't Gibbs go to Ramsey? 41 yards is an unacceptable performance for a playoff game, don't you think?

Because we're 11-6 on a six-game win streak. I'm wearing the exact same clothes to Seattle next week I did this week and I did for St. Louis. Why? Because you don't change something that's working. Obviously what I wear has NOTHING to do with it. But, one can be crazy nonethless and believe it just might :).

I think we WILL stun Seatle.

While I wan not on the sideline or in the press box, I was at the game and could see the whole field and get a better impression of the tempo of the game than from a TV set. But I had a very different impression than you.

It seemed clear to me that gibbs instructed Brunell to play it safe. why wouldn't he? We lead Tampa the whole game and their D was nasty. He doesn't care how it looks, he never has, all Gibbs cares about is the W and moving on to the next round. Brunell made one horible choice to throw a pass that NO qb should ever throw, when he should have thrown it out of bounds and let us punt. It was intercepted. The moral of the story is you have the lead and your D is playing lights out, why take risks?

Now we go into Seatle not having to have shown them anything new from our playbook and with a diferent gameplan than last week. But even that gameplan is likely to be thrown out within the first 15 minutes because that is what Gibbs does. He adapts to what happens on the field and what he believes gives us the best chance of winning regardless of how it looks. That's what has always made him so successful. Gibbs is the ultimate game manager.

This season has been just like the old days. Gibs plays players that the fans don't always like and they do well. He calls plays that seem predictable and the team wins. All of a sudden you look up and the team is setting records and going into the playoffs. And just when you think they have gone flat they will light it up.

Look out Seatle. This team is coming with a chip on it's shoulder and if you think we cant score on you, you will end up looking like a speedbump in our playoff road. :laugh:

It's too bad that stem cell research has been banned in the US...it would be cool if we could regenerate acl's, and roll back biological time, MB in a body 6 years younger would be a major force.

In spite of his shortcomings though, he has (along with the coaches and rest of the team) gotten us this far. I think the emotion on this team is such that the killer instinct will arise, and surprise us all.....

I think it is a bit unfair to say the problem is all Brunell. I give the man props for the effort so far, and the rest of the team. JG throttled down the O in Tampa, to reduce the attack surface and not allow the Bucs D to come up with a momentum changing play. Portis is Bruised. They played well enough to win, and no more......good enough for me.

stem cell research isn't banned in the US, just certain strains......

I think we WILL stun Seatle.

While I wan not on the sideline or in the press box, I was at the game and could see the whole field and get a better impression of the tempo of the game than from a TV set. But I had a very different impression than you.

It seemed clear to me that gibbs instructed Brunell to play it safe. why wouldn't he? We lead Tampa the whole game and their D was nasty. He doesn't care how it looks, he never has, all Gibbs cares about is the W and moving on to the next round. Brunell made one horible choice to throw a pass that NO qb should ever throw, when he should have thrown it out of bounds and let us punt. It was intercepted. The moral of the story is you have the lead and your D is playing lights out, why take risks?

Now we go into Seatle not having to have shown them anything new from our playbook and with a diferent gameplan than last week. But even that gameplan is likely to be thrown out within the first 15 minutes because that is what Gibbs does. He adapts to what happens on the field and what he believes gives us the best chance of winning regardless of how it looks. That's what has always made him so successful. Gibbs is the ultimate game manager.

This season has been just like the old days. Gibs plays players that the fans don't always like and they do well. He calls plays that seem predictable and the team wins. All of a sudden you look up and the team is setting records and going into the playoffs. And just when you think they have gone flat they will light it up.

Look out Seatle. This team is coming with a chip on it's shoulder and if you think we cant score on you, you will end up looking like a speedbump in our playoff road. :laugh:

Well said...we've put up more points this year than many in the recent past.....hail skins...we got this one.

Archived