Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Retro Jerseys

Chief skin

DIEHARDS will appreciate this, I was excited about the retro jerseys and wanted a 56 Arrington. After finding out that Arrington was a greedy member of the NFLPA I decided to honor the 70TH anniversary by customizing a jersey from one of the players who have been selected as the greatest Skins of all time. So I customized a Retro Jersey (a jersey I had many sizes ago as well as years) Today in the mail my 79 JIM LACHEY Retro jersey came courtesy of the NFL shop...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS AND HAIL TO 70 YEARS OF REDSKINS FOOTBALL

just today, i went to my mailbox, and there it was....a redskins retro uniform with number 11, patrick ramsey. my mom's maiden name was ramsey, and my grandma ramsey just passed away three months ago. so i thought that ramsey would be really cool on the back of the jersey. i wore it today right out of the package, and it's super cool.

My cousin came down to visit me this weekend at my apartment at JMU. My aunt and godmother sent with him....a 20th Season, Retro Darrell Green jersey. I could not believe she just bought one and sent one to me. I was like, HOLY EFFING SHlT! It was so very nice.

And I'd like to bet NoVaGator that there wasn't a LaVar at Modell's

What's up with Arrington...I have always wondered that, just never took the time to ask, or inquire about it.

Every video game I play there is always that nameless #56 there, but no Arrington name. I have never seen his Jersey around (would love to have one).

Can you guys let me in on why Arrington's name is nowhere to be found?

Thanks

Look, the retro jerseys and helmets are nice for you guys up in D.C., but think about what it's doing to us in Florida!

If I hear "Spurrier stole the helmet design from FSU just to spite Bowden" one more time from an ignorant Nole fans, heads are gonna roll.

:cool:

I ended up ordering two from the Redskins Team Store a Darrell and a Smoot so I can have the past, present and future of the Redskins CBs.

I will be wearing the Darrell Green one on Nov 3rd for the Redskins / Seahawks Game. :asta:

If they don't wear them again after this season they will make a good collectors item.

Does anyone know if the you can simply buy a Jurgensen retro jersey or do you have to customize it through NFL.com's Pro Shop?

I know that I bought a Jurgensen jersey for my brother a few years ago, but have looked on the internet recently and haven't been able to find anything.

I'm more interested in having a jersey of one of the old time players than the ones that they offer now. Does anyone know of a site that offers retro jerseys for past Redskin greats?

Originally posted by Chief skin

DIEHARDS will appreciate this, I was excited about the retro jerseys and wanted a 56 Arrington. After finding out that Arrington was a greedy member of the NFLPA I decided to honor the 70TH anniversary by customizing a jersey from one of the players who have been selected as the greatest Skins of all time. So I customized a Retro Jersey (a jersey I had many sizes ago as well as years) Today in the mail my 79 JIM LACHEY Retro jersey came courtesy of the NFL shop...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS AND HAIL TO 70 YEARS OF REDSKINS FOOTBALL

Lachey is a great one to get. How much did this run you? I'm thinking Monty Coleman or Gary Clark...

I know opinions are widely varied on the cost of the authentic retro jerseys. I too believe they are a tad bit on the expensive side but being a diehard skins fan I will in all likelyhood be buying one as well as one of the authentic retro helmets. I have a curio cabinet where I display some of my skins paraphenalia. Sonny and Darrel figurines from the Franklin Mint for example. I already have an authenic current helmet so figured I might as well have an authentic retro helmet to make a nice set of bookends. The hardest thing for me to decide is whose jersery do I want. Or does anyone know if you can customize them and get the choice of name and number, i.e. Jurgy and number 9.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Mattyk,

where'd you pick up your retro jersey? I've seen a few types offered but like the sound of the one you're describing...

Ordered it though redskins.com, it was about $90 including shipping, but I must say I am really pleased with the quality of it. I'll probably get another one soon.

Archived