Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor - Completly Conflicted

Shadowplay

Look. I love the way the guy plays. Such passion and intimidation. The problem is that the guy simply cannot leave it to the play on the field. If it comes out that he spit in the guy's face, he deserves a fine. Whether he deserves a suspension, that should totally be left up to the precedent of the penalty. I hope he doesn't get suspended, a la Mark Carrier, but if the league wanted to send a message they would probably find a guy in Taylor. I just hope he continues to mature. what do you guys think?

You can't tell from the replay if spit flew from Taylors mouth to Pittmans face. But you can clearly see an abrupt motion by Taylors head which would be consistent with someone spitting, and an instant reaction from Pittman.

There is no way Mike Carey ejects Sean Taylor if he didn't see him spit on him. He had to have seen it, you can believe in a conspiracy all you want. Pittman wouldnt basically head slap a guy just for talking to him right in front of an official.

He's not going to be suspended anyway so this is all moot

Good luck next week and I hope to see you at Giants Stadium for an NFC Title game

You also jerk your head when you say "F- you" with passion. So...

I personally think Taylor spit. But there is never going to be evidence, so there's no way the league suspends him. It will only be a he-said, she-said issue. Even the referee can't prove that Taylor wasn't mouthing off and saliva was flying, as it normally would in such a situation.

The only thing that could happen is that Gregg benches him.

there was no spit, NOBODY anywhere saw spit

the Bucs knew they could not score on us deep if Taylor was in the game. Gruden at halftime said get him kicked out of the game, when he was out they almost beat us deep.

it was a cheap trick, the refs were dumb, could they not look at the players face to see spit, if he really spit he would of attacked him a lot more then hit his face mask

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, November 17, 2004; Page D04

The NFL is investigating allegations that Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor spit on a player during Sunday's 17-10 loss to Cincinnati, league sources said, while an earlier fine levied against the rookie for missing part of a mandatory symposium has been lowered after an arbitration hearing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55267-2004Nov16.html

TJ Housmanzadeh claims Taylor spit on him but there was no video evidence of it so he was not fined

Any of you remember this and what came of it? Apparently this isn't the first time he's been alleged to have done this. . .

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, November 17, 2004; Page D04

The NFL is investigating allegations that Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor spit on a player during Sunday's 17-10 loss to Cincinnati, league sources said, while an earlier fine levied against the rookie for missing part of a mandatory symposium has been lowered after an arbitration hearing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55267-2004Nov16.html

What came of that invesitigation?

I remember there was no video evidence, the bucs knew of this and exploited ST for past allegations. bush league to me.

Unless there is another angle, there is no spit to be seen flying from his facemask and hitting pittman. There was definately a punch thrown by pittman. That is what I saw! BIG UPS to the D for rallying without ST for much of the second half! HUGE PLAY!

I don't think he spit on him..I think they wanted our best player on defense out of the game..

ABSOLUTELY they went after Sean !! He was just letting them know "WE started the fire" Hey he's The best safety in the business! AND They wanted little Chrissy to have a deep pass - Well, they screwed with the wrong defense - WE HELD TOGETHER AND WENT AFTER SIMMS - and our team stood the test.

BUCS? _ _ _ _ heads!

:cool: I'm cool

correct me if wrong but (and former or current ball players back me up on this.) what happens when you try to spit with a mouthpiece in your mouth? i didnt see it tucked in his face mask and i didnt see him holding it. but it is my experience that it is difficult to be able to direct spit at someone. I'm not saying that it doesnt happen because its true that when you talk with a mouthpiece in sput does begin to fly, but my theory is that this may have happened and the ref saw it as intentional.

maybe im just crazy :insane:

That was cool what Greg Williams said, "...there isn't a guy he'd rather coach than Sean Taylor...that says volumes about team chemistry. Also, G. Williams said, he believe S. Taylor, didn't spit on Pittman. I think they used a little D.C. politics.

there was no spit, NOBODY anywhere saw spit

the Bucs knew they could not score on us deep if Taylor was in the game. Gruden at halftime said get him kicked out of the game, when he was out they almost beat us deep.

it was a cheap trick, the refs were dumb, could they not look at the players face to see spit, if he really spit he would of attacked him a lot more then hit his face mask

very true and I know if someone spit on me I would also do more than hit his mask,and if he did spit why was he gonna keep playing with a guy's spit on his face?

correct me if wrong but (and former or current ball players back me up on this.) what happens when you try to spit with a mouthpiece in your mouth? i didnt see it tucked in his face mask and i didnt see him holding it. but it is my experience that it is difficult to be able to direct spit at someone. I'm not saying that it doesnt happen because its true that when you talk with a mouthpiece in sput does begin to fly, but my theory is that this may have happened and the ref saw it as intentional.

maybe im just crazy :insane:

well if that's what u think and ur crazy then i must be crazy too

:D

I dont like the call, I think Pittman sold the ref on that one.

I'm not sure about that. Pittman had no time to sell the spit theory to the ref. They were face to face, Pittman hit Taylor, and the ref instantly came over and threw out his flag while looking at Taylor. It's not like Pittman had a chance to go over and discuss it with him first.

That said, I agree that the TV replay doesn't show any spit flying, and perhaps ST just had some spit fly out while he was talking trash at Pittman.

In any case, Redskins fans will most likely be the only people who believe ST. The rest of the league will be merciless.

You can't tell from the replay if spit flew from Taylors mouth to Pittmans face. But you can clearly see an abrupt motion by Taylors head which would be consistent with someone spitting, and an instant reaction from Pittman.

There is no way Mike Carey ejects Sean Taylor if he didn't see him spit on him. He had to have seen it, you can believe in a conspiracy all you want. Pittman wouldnt basically head slap a guy just for talking to him right in front of an official.

He's not going to be suspended anyway so this is all moot

Good luck next week and I hope to see you at Giants Stadium for an NFC Title game

Meadows for revenge - yeah - sweet.:gaintsuck

Archived