Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IT's TRUE THE MEDIA REALLY HATES OR SKINS

jRight

come on guys be serious... do you serisouly think the skins would have scored a TD if they had not gotten a tipped INT down to the 5 or a fumble return TD... you guys couldnt move the ball an inch on the bucs... i mean 25 yards passing... that is simply pathetic... when the Giants are anemic on offense sometimes i can admit it... but seriously if it werent for chris simms mistakes or cadillacs fumbles... it very well could have been a shut out

You're right what a shame. We feel so bad about it that we should give those two TD's back and just say we lost the game. Because the "New" NFL has to state somewhere that only offenses are allowed to score. There is no such thing as a "team" win. It's strictly offense and defense.....seperately.

p.s. - You better worry about the Panthers. They're very, very, good. They are alot better in these playoffs than the Bucs. And I hope you guys don't score any defensive TD's cause that would be "simply pathetic".

This is what i just emailed him

"regarding your column following the skins/buc's game: You have absolutely no knowledge of football. Simms threw 2 INT's (which were his fault, no matter how much you must adore him) and the SKIN's defense was the better defense tonight. With this type of article you have lost whatever cretibility you might have once had. You are a shame to sportswriters nationwide. Also Seattle's defense is nowhere near Tampa's. As far as our offense we did just score 35, 35, and 31 point consecutively so i think we'll be alright next week. You my friend are a complete joke... "

:gaintsuck :cheers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/07/closer.look.redskins.bucs/index.html

READING this prick has made me sick. Not one good thing he could say about the skins.

Wow those were my exact thoughts when I read this article earlier.

All he talks about is how the Bucs are in the right direction, and that they made stupid turnovers. Not one positive thing about our defense.

while the Skins offense looked bad today...still doesn't give this jerk the right to slant the article as he does.

and if you take away the bucs one TD drive, they were just as bad on offense, in more attempts.

Give credit where credits due, the Skins defense was outstanding, and allowed the Skins offense to be below par today......

Lavar 10 tackles INT forced fumble and some more stat fillers.

Thats a performance if there is one.

Also, Simms threw the ball low allowing for it to get tipped which leads to a turnover. Carnell got stripped which leads to a turnover. The skins tackled great and applied a lot of pressure.

4th and 1 and made the stop.

Also, the "dingy (what does that mean) lockerroom". Im sorry but the skins can really fancy up the VISITING team's lockerroom. Blame the bucs for that.

i am a journalism major and intern in sports, i hope to one day be able to write about sports as my profession as i currently do now. its pieces of s*** like this that give my profession a bad name. even tampa bay columnists wouldn't have wrote this garbage. i am ashamed of the SI staff for letting this filth be read by people. shame on this writer and his editors. what a butt pirate

Hey Sean42, I know that in your zeal to sling crap at this game and deflect the pain of losing to a team you guys clearly thought you would beat, you must cut us a little slack. What amazes me the most about this is that it was a nationally televised game with who knows how many cameras, with who knows how many angles and yet not one camera, not one fan with 70,000+ in attendance, not one official, and not one teammate of the two ever caught a glimpse of this infamous loogie. Taylor said he didn't do it and there is absolutely no proof and no testimony, outside of Pittman's, that proves he did. I'm not saying that Taylor did or didn't; I don't know. I am, however saying there is no visible evidence. If Taylor did do it, then, it is dispicable and I apologize. BUT, I for one will not convict him when even ABC and ESPN are saying that it's controversial as to whether he did or not.

I'm sure you will take this to be defending Sean Taylor, o.k. But, if you're wrong and Pittman was lying to get Taylor ejected, then, may everything you've accused Taylor of come back on your team.

come on guys be serious... do you serisouly think the skins would have scored a TD if they had not gotten a tipped INT down to the 5 or a fumble return TD... you guys couldnt move the ball an inch on the bucs... i mean 25 yards passing... that is simply pathetic... when the Giants are anemic on offense sometimes i can admit it... but seriously if it werent for chris simms mistakes or cadillacs fumbles... it very well could have been a shut out

Carolina 23, Giants 0

How about you admit it now? How does your foot taste?

The article is not a big deal. I think anyone that argues that we'll win with a similar offensive performace is being naive.

However, I do believe the two early touchdowns along with the way our defense was playing lead to a very conservative game plan. IF we had to move the ball we would have been more successful then we were.

I don't know about you guys, and gals, but I'm used to the disrespect. Heck some guys on ESPN picked the cowboys to win the east next year. Sports reporters are like weather men, they are wrong 7 out of 10 times. and they will never let you forget the times they are right.

we dont need respect from the media....they're all idiots so what do we care....we've been the underdog all season, thats nothing new.....respect will come after we beat all the teams and win the SB......the media sucks with the skins...lack of respect or even positive acknowledgement is rampant.

John Donovan from SI flat out HATES US ...just read.

But a couple of lucky early turnovers went their way, and one possibly controversial late call fell on their side, too, and so the 'Skins smiled their way out of Tampa with a 17-10 win.

Nobody, other than maybe the Redskins themselves, is expecting a whole heck of a lot out of this team.

The 120 yards of offense they somehow managed -- is it really an offense if it's only 120 yards? -- was the fewest ever for a playoff team in a win.

The 'Skins' defense lucked out, too, when it dodged a tying score late in the fourth quarter. The officials ruled that Tampa Bay wideout Edell Shepherd did not have possession of the ball when he dropped a pass in the end zone. He juggled it just enough for it to be ruled incomplete.

Washington will be the heaviest of underdogs for next weekend's game, especially after its sorry showing against the Buccaneers. (The lameness of the Redskins' offense against the Bucs can't be understated.

Archived