Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins are already winners in my book

grampi

Whether they win tomorrow or not, the Skins have come a long way from gutter since JG took over. There's also little doubt this team is still getting stronger and will no doubt be a serious contender to go all the way next year. I'm still pulling for them to continue their march this season, but if they fail, they will be back next year....and they'll be better yet!

yeah i agree with you, they have come a LONG way, if it werent for the losses to oakland and san diego, this would have been the best season since 92, so to all bringing up negative arguments out there, do less:coach: to the:helmet: and more,

:dj: about this season and the playoffs, cheers to the positive people persons!!!:cheers:

Agreed.

We all need to keep a little perspective. At the end of last year none of us would have predicted the type of year we had this year.

Win or lose, I will be satisfied tomorrow.

A win would be much better though... ;)

I will be okay with a loss, but a win will make me estatic! This is also no $hit, I seriously think the last 5 weeks has made my blood pressure go up! Before the 5 game win steak my bp was 122/82. Now it's 132/88. There's no other explination for the change!

I agree.

This season has been more than anyone could have realistically hoped for back in August.

10-6

playoff birth

swept Dallas

swept Philly

broke the Cowboys (and their fans) hearts on the last week of the season :D

Who wouldn't have taken all of that back in August?

This has been a fantastic season and now that we see that the Gibbs formula is indeed taking shape again with this team and he's producing a winner, is there any reason not to expect the Skins as a NFC favorite next season?

I sure don't see a reason. I think the best is yet to come for this team, win or lose in Tampa.

Agreed.

We all need to keep a little perspective. At the end of last year none of us would have predicted the type of year we had this year.

Really? I predicted 12-4 and this year I actually meant it. We lost games we had no business losing (and i know we won a couple like that, but if you have the lead and can't hold it and play or play call scared then that's more significant an element than coming back to win.) Basically, we were the better team in 11-13 of our games. We should be 11-5 at bare minimum, even with some of those injuries.

Whether they win tomorrow or not, the Skins have come a long way from gutter since JG took over. There's also little doubt this team is still getting stronger and will no doubt be a serious contender to go all the way next year. I'm still pulling for them to continue their march this season, but if they fail, they will be back next year....and they'll be better yet!

This post is king. It should have 4,000 posts as well. I totally agree, fine sir. Joe has us back and we must be grateful.

HTTR!

Really? I predicted 12-4 and this year I actually meant it. We lost games we had no business losing (and i know we won a couple like that, but if you have the lead and can't hold it and play or play call scared then that's more significant an element than coming back to win.) Basically, we were the better team in 11-13 of our games. We should be 11-5 at bare minimum, even with some of those injuries.

One thing I've noticed JG has done differently of late, and I think this is a big reason the SKins have been on fire recently, he's been allowing the offense to play the whole game instead of going ultra-conservative by trying to sit on a 7 point lead. This is why I believe the Skins lost several games they shouldn't have lost. I think Joe finally realized you can't sit on a 7 point lead beginning in the 3rd quarter. If you want to win you've gotta play the whole game, and that includes the offense. As long as he keeps this mindset, the Skins will be a major force.

This has been a memorable season, sweeping Dallas and Philadelphia , going 5-1 in the NFC East, Portis and Moss breaking franchise single season records and of course the 5-0 run to finish the season and make the playoffs after starting 5-6.

As a Bucs fan I'm feeling the same way. 5-11 to 11-5 and a division title. Quite a turn-around, and we've got young guys all over the place. Add that to the fact that I went to my first NFL game, a beatdown of the panties, and it feels pretty good to be a Buc fan. :cheers:

Archived