Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles lose Childress

Johnny Punani2

well I'll just cut & paste my post from the other thread :)

They've got the wrong assistant. I've always wondered why there weren't organizations in line for Jimmy Johnson. He's done nothing but dial up a solid defense in Philly for 5 years, with a mixed bag of personnel and talent.

After the play calling during the season, this move should make everyone happy.

On second thought, it was Reid whose play calling sucked....never mind. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :psyche: Sucked so bad that up until week what 8 or 9 they ranked Number 1 in the league right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :psyche: Sucked so bad that up until week what 8 or 9 they ranked Number 1 in the league right?

We had the Number 3 Defense for the SEASON last year, and where did it get US? No Playoffs. Just like your Philthy Birds this year. Say all you want, but having a few weeks on top of stats does not a champion make. If Reid's play calling is so good, why is he now sitting at home watching cold pizza and eating donuts???

Come on Number5, that 90% passing offense was killing their time of possession, killing McNabb, and very predictable. Reid was doing a lousy job.

And the San Fran game really throws off the stats.

Come on Number5, that 90% passing offense was killing their time of possession, killing McNabb, and very predictable. Reid was doing a lousy job.

And the San Fran game really throws off the stats.

Hey stats are stats......but his play calling got better once he realized that he "could" run the ball at times. While I agree that his play calling could use a bit of life.......I would argue that it was the same last year and the year before. We all know that even the worst plays can be effective if you have the right personel running it. :)

Hey stats are stats......but his play calling got better once he realized that he "could" run the ball at times. While I agree that his play calling could use a bit of life.......I would argue that it was the same last year and the year before. We all know that even the worst plays can be effective if you have the right personel running it. :)

But you have to adapt to the talent on the field.

McNabb is special. He is the running threat in Reid's schemes.

But with McNabb hurt or out, you have to change your scheme or lose games.

Hurt McNabb<<<<McNabb

McMahon<<<<<<<<<<<McNabb

Reid needed to make changes, just like any coach when players are injured.

AR did start to make some changes as the season went on, but by that time McNabb was already gone, and the Eagles were too far out of it.

But you have to adapt to the talent on the field.

McNabb is special. He is the running threat in Reid's schemes.

But with McNabb hurt or out, you have to change your scheme or lose games.

Hurt McNabb<<<<McNabb

McMahon<<<<<<<<<<<McNabb

Reid needed to make changes, just like any coach when players are injured.

AR did start to make some changes as the season went on, but by that time McNabb was already gone, and the Eagles were too far out of it.

Very true...what Reid should have done was fully utilize the talent around him by adapting sooner. If you have a slashing type back, why not run traps or counters? If anything, Reid should have realized that balance on the offensive side of the ball actually opens things up. If USC with all of their weapons can run a consistently balanced offense, then why couldn't Reid?

Very true...what Reid should have done was fully utilize the talent around him by adapting sooner. If you have a slashing type back, why not run traps or counters? If anything, Reid should have realized that balance on the offensive side of the ball actually opens things up. If USC with all of their weapons can run a consistently balanced offense, then why couldn't Reid?

Plus he realized it's easier for Andrews and Jamall Jackson to run block. They're just better at that right now.

I hope not. I want more of the stubborn Andy Reid with poor clock management. ;)

That's funny, but I think that this year kind of woke him up. The Eagles were able to run on NFC East teams which helped to an extent set up the pass. If he really was paying attention, he would have noticed that an should be adjusting for next year.

Whats interesting is that this year, Reid can watch two of his division rivals go for broke and plan against them for next year. Nothing wrong with getting extra film right?

Not good news.

But still, when it comes to replacing coordinators this should be as smooth a transition as you could have hoped for. The new guy has already been with the team three years, and has been coaching the west coast offense even longer. Not to mention as stated before, he won't have to worry about calling the plays. Losing Jim Johnson would be scarier. The offense should be fine as long as Reid is around.

Not good news.

But still, when it comes to replacing coordinators this should be as smooth a transition as you could have hoped for. The new guy has already been with the team three years, and has been coaching the west coast offense even longer. Not to mention as stated before, he won't have to worry about calling the plays. Losing Jim Johnson would be scarier. The offense should be fine as long as Reid is around.

I don't see how you can possibly think that having Morningwood as assistant HC/OC is a good thing at all.

He's the guy that sold Reid on McMahon. Yeah. McMahon got a raw deal in Detroit. McMahon sucks, and Marty's the reason he ended up in Philly.

Now he gets rewarded with OC.

This is anything but good for the Eagles.

Why?

Four words. More of the same

Nothing new will happen. Andy Reid will still call the plays. And the problems that we saw this year will not magically disappear.

Which makes it good for us Skins fans

Morningweg is a good choice simply because I'm sure he has a mastery of the WCO and gameplanning. He is just a buffoon when it comes to personnel and management issues. Luckily, Reid will never rely on him for either.

There's no accountability in Phila.

If the offense sucks, well Reid does all the playcalling anyway, so the OC is really just a title. It's not really his fault.

There's no way to change that when you just promote from within. The problem still remains.

Times yours.

Dockeryfan, have you had any problems with the Philly offense (playcalling) the previous 4 years which were wildly successful? It's funny that since McNabb got hurt and the offense was crap, now all the little owls come out of the woodwork.

What accountability does Gibbs and crew have? Come on, Vinnie Yessiratto? Bottom line, you give a guy an amount of power if you have faith in them. If Reid can't get it done, then it wasn't a good decision. No third party offensive coordinator THAT REID WOULD HAVE HIRED would have made the difference that you talk about.

Archived