Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF Campbell works out ....

bryceb07

Ok, I know we all know this team is on the uprise and how well we are doing with Brunell behind the line. But if Gibbs is right (and has been with EVERYTHING so far) can you imagine how unstoppable our offense is going to be. Between Portis, a mobile QB, Moss, Cooley and the gang , how exciting is it to be a redskins fan again ? I know this thread is kond of lame , and I wanna win more then anything in the world on Sunday, but if we don't we have so much to look forward too !!!

:cheers: :logo: :helmet: :notworthy

Ok, I know we all know this team is on the uprise and how well we are doing with Brunell behind the line. But if Gibbs is right (and has been with EVERYTHING so far) can you imagine how unstoppable our offense is going to be. Between Portis, a mobile QB, Moss, Cooley and the gang , how exciting is it to be a redskins fan again ? I know this thread is kond of lame , and I wanna win more then anything in the world on Sunday, but if we don't we have so much to look forward too !!!

:cheers: :logo: :helmet: :notworthy

Yeah, you're right. This thread is lame!

Just kidding. I'm excited to see what Jason Campbell can do. I wish Ramsey would have played better in preseason that way we could have seen more of Campbell. But from what little we did see of him, he looked solid. Especially that last game against the Ravens. Sure he made some rookie mistakes, but he ran the 2 minute offense like a veteran. I can't wait to see how he's matured this season.

Guest ComebackKing

You know what I wish we would see more in the NFL? A QB substitution for a limited amount of plays. We see it with running backs, we see it with WR's and TE's players are constantly being subbed in and out to keep the defense confused, why not mix it up with some backup QB's? There is NO NFL film of JC out there and if he just walked into the game the Bucs would be like "WTF!?!?!?" People say Brunell's plays are becoming predictable because we roll him out to the left all the time. Why not bring Campbell in for a play or two during a drive just to bootleg right? He's right handed right? Right right? Sure we would probably have to use a timeout or something for this to work and JC to get the play and everything but I think it would be very cool to add some trickery to this offense. Something other than just that dang WR screen...

I'm very hopeful about campbell. I thought the deal was iffy at first, and I would've thought worse but knowing Gibbs, I figured "well ok, I guess." But the more I looked at the first couple of days after it happened I started to get exited. But I've been there before QB-wise with this team over the years so I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. Its been a real drought from Joey T. to B. Johnson to Brunell (say what you want, I don't worry as much with mark since this pre-season like i have with everybody else).

but if campbell lives up to his (reasonable) expectations, wow! we'll be looking good and young all over!

I went to the scrimmage in August between the Redskins and Ravens and absolutely LOVED what I saw Campbell doing. Granted it was only a scrimmage, I liked what I saw.

I want to see Campbell playing next season. Even if it's just backup.

You know what I wish we would see more in the NFL? A QB substitution for a limited amount of plays....

I think it's a great idea. Have Campbell master just a handful of plays in practice; use him as a change-of-pace during the game. Put him in on 1st and goal and at least force the Bucs to burn a timeout as they wonder what the hell's going on.

The very fact that he's gotten a chance to sit on the bench and learn from Brunell will help him tremendously. In essence, and others have noted this, we got our Franchise QB a year early.... got him a year on the bench and a year to understand the NFL game... for the price right now of a #23 pick and counting plus a couple of 05 mid round picks.

An absolute brilliant move by the Redskin organization.

Archived