Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mark rypien

DNICENJ

Good ol' Rypien.......probably my second favorite skin behind Clark. Any guys before 1990 are excluded because I didnt see them play. What happened to Mark after he left Washington?

He went to Philly, Rip had one magical year in DC other then that an average QB

Actually Rypien was pretty good here. He was a low round draft choice and started from 1989-1992 but his 1989 year was what kept us out of the playoffs, and his 1990 year was what kept us from advancing in the playoffs.

He won it all in 1991 but we had the best OL in league history that year, no doubt at all.

He was average in 1992 though and his hold out probably had something to do with it. He was never a decent QB after that. In fact he never did anything after 1992 if you look at his stats.

Yeah, it all came together for him that year...nothing he did could go wrong. Kinda like Doug Williams, too....(as far as the 'one fantastic season' and the "where'd he go?").

No actually our team was so good it really didn't matter who we had in there as long as he didn't make stupid mistakes.

It was Gibbs all the way. If Jay Shroeder was more of a team player he would be a HOFer right now when you look at the Redskins history seriously, and I am glad he left. I never liked that guy for some reason but when you see where the team was in 1989-1990 you have to admit that Jay Shroeder would have taken the team further if he had been a Redskin.

SkinsFTW, I agree....we could have won with almost anybody at QB that year, as long as they were 'smart'. Still...it's interesting that two of the Skins SB victories were with QBs that were rather anonymous....a testament to Gibbs coaching ability.

ramsey tends to remind me of rypien

both are actually very good pocket passers with good deep balls but ruin their good work with costly mistakes,rypiens problem was fumbling but as our o-line stiffened we managed to avoid it in his later years

he was a good qb for gibbs,won a superbowl went to pro-bowls what more do u want

Archived