Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who got the better of the trade between Portis and Bailey????

SeAnTaYlOr2121

I think the Skins got a better deal in getting CP because he has done alot more in rekindling this Redskin team. Even though, the Broncos have had successfull rbs since Clinton, I just dont think Champ has done the same for that defense as Clinton done for the Redskins offense......

plus Shawn Springs has made us all forget bout Chump. Hope Springs can go on Sat... I'll see you all in Seattle.

Let me know how you guys feel about this????

2006 Super Bowl Champions

Washington Redskins:helmet:

I dont think this topic has ever been brought up before, thanks!

And how can you make a decision of who got the better deal. You can only really judge when both of thier careers are over.

And honestly how many Skin fans are going to say that Denver got the better end of the deal, maybe 5%?

There's no reason why a redskin fan can't choose Champ Bailey and the Denver Broncos. I think Redskin fans are smarter enough to pick and assess his with their head and not with their heart

so i disagree with you saying that redskins fans will chosse Portis based on the fact they are Skins fans

Portis i would rather have than champ..well if it came down to that which it did,besides southeast jerome,i mean cmon ,portis brings flavor to the team and a few laughs and in my mind that is a very good asset,like after a portis halloween interview,the team has to be laughing and be a little looser and having more fun because of it.Ok perhaps they arent, but im sure loving the antics he brings unlike a T.O or Moss

Honestly I think it was a win-win situation for both teams. Bailey is still snatching tons of ball out of the air in Denver and is headed for hte pro Bowl. Portis is the jumpstarter of our newly found offense and was jipped out of a well deserved pro bowl spot. That extra pick we gave them might tip the scales a bit in favor of Denver, but I am much happier since CP became a skin!

Champ is very very good corner. Maybe even the best in the business today.

As for Clinton .. here's the quote:

"I played with John Elway, Terrell Davis, Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis," said former Denver and Baltimore tight end Shannon Sharpe, who won three Super Bowls with those teams. "Clinton is the best football player I've ever seen."

I believe you can compensate for not having a great corner, but there is no substitute for the heart and passion of the great footbal player.

"I played with John Elway, Terrell Davis, Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis," said former Denver and Baltimore tight end Shannon Sharpe, who won three Super Bowls with those teams. "Clinton is the best football player I've ever seen."

[/b]

Did Shannon REALLY say that ? the best football player, period ???

even as a Redskin fan, I'd say that comment is over the top....

Shannon must be smokin somethin again

Denver also received a fairly high draft pick. That was the one part of the deal I never really cared for.....I thought that a "straight up" deal was a win/win for both teams and both players. Each team filled a need. Each player got a new team who was willing to pay them more than their old team.

What Denver does with that pick has to be factored into who got the better of the deal and that will take a while to determine.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I believe you can compensate for not having a great corner, but there is no substitute for the heart and passion of the great footbal player.

what he said

I think it was a balanced trade. Both teams appear to be happy and so are the fans. It is probably one of the more equal trades in modern day, outside of the draft pick that we had to give up.

These are my thoughts as well.

I think it was a good trade for both.

Bailey had a year left on a contract he didn't like and the same with Portis.

Bailey wanted way way too much money for us to resign him too and that was probably the sticking point and the reason for the extra draft pick. We couldn't have signed him for to a contract similar to Lavar's and Gibbs probably didn't want to either.

We ended up getting Springs, Washington, Griffin and Portis for about what Bailey was going to want so yeah, it was a good trade. Of course as long as Denver has that OL they are going to have a good running game. It doesn't matter who they put in there. Portis is better than any of those guys but they weren't going to get instant great CB play by drafting one and they had picked the wrong guys in the past anyway when they did.

So it was a good trade for both teams since we weren't going to keep Bailey anyway.

I think the Skins got a better deal in getting CP because he has done alot more in rekindling this Redskin team. Even though, the Broncos have had successfull rbs since Clinton, I just dont think Champ has done the same for that defense as Clinton done for the Redskins offense......

plus Shawn Springs has made us all forget bout Chump. Hope Springs can go on Sat... I'll see you all in Seattle.

Let me know how you guys feel about this????

2006 Super Bowl Champions

Washington Redskins:helmet:

Were you really expecting an honest answer from a Redskins message board? Ask the Broncos message board and you'll get exactly opposite answers.

Archived