Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally getting some respect!!!

Passizle

Joe wins a superbowl, what do you want him to do!  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Joe wins a superbowl, what do you want him to do!

• Immediately retire and give the job to Greg
    • Come Back and try to win another superbowl
    • Tear up the original deal and sign a new 5 year deal, meaning Greg may not succeed him!

I dont know how many of you all watch sportscenter or frequent ESPN or NFL.com but I am glad we are finally being recognized as a truly stellar team and playoff threat. Sportcenter had a great peice on Gibbs and the Redskins accomplishments this year. Plus... I seem to notice a lot of the sports reporters are actully seeing us as a legitimate SB contender. Reports seem to be motioning toward the fact that if we can take TB down this week, we could go to the show. I tend to agree. I think that TB is probably the toughest hurdle we will have on the way to the big show.

Redskins have made me very proud this year and I am looking forward to the playoffs...

GO SKINS!!!:seahawksu :panthersu :bucsuck: :jagsuck: :gaintsuck

no respect = wins

media respect bad :doh:

right arm! i liked it when the HBO heads were talking coach of the year stuff, and i like the lovie smith call, but they talked 5-6 other coaches worthy of being singled out and gibbs was left out. i mean this is quite a turnaround and quite a story but not a peep in this particular context. good :D

Don't under estimate Seattle. They might be the 'sleeper' so to speak. Whoever plays Seattle (hopefully we do) will get them at home after 2 weeks rest. They have great offensive weapons in Alexander and Hasselbeck and I believe their defense has improved. They are definitely beatable by the Skins (they are a better team then when we beat them earlier in the season), but I don't like the 2 weeks rest and home team part.

Y'know, they MIGHT have left Gibbs off the list because he's a Hall of Fame coach already...he's proven his worth. ...but then agai, weren't they talking about Parcells being Coach of the Year a couple years ago when he "miraculously turned around" Dallas? Bah...they can have the respect, we'll take the wins.....the respect will follow, even if in the form of 'bandwagoners'.

Don't under estimate Seattle. They might be the 'sleeper' so to speak. Whoever plays Seattle (hopefully we do) will get them at home after 2 weeks rest. They have great offensive weapons in Alexander and Hasselbeck and I believe their defense has improved. They are definitely beatable by the Skins (they are a better team then when we beat them earlier in the season), but I don't like the 2 weeks rest and home team part.

I agree with you somewhat. But remember... Our D held LT to somthing like 30 or 40 yds rushing in the first half when we faced the Chargers earlier this year. I know in the end LT rushed for over 100 but that number came from just 2 break away runs in the 4th and 5th quarters. Alexander is real good but I think LT is better. Personally I think the Seahags are too one dimensional. Plus... you need to check their schedule. The teams they beat are as follows:

Atlanta

Arizona

@St. Louis

Houston

Dallas

@Arizona

St. Louis

@San Francisco

N.Y. Giants

@Philadelphia

San Francisco

@Tennessee

Indianapolis (non of Indy's starters played in this one)

Here are the games they lost:

@Jacksonville

@Washington (Yeah Baby!!!)

@Green Bay

Clearly they have not had a schedule that would test their mettle. They won against pushover teams and that is THE ONLY reason they are 13 and 3 going into the playoffs. Expect that team to collapse against a tuff and talented force like ours.

GO SKINS!!!

I dont know how many of you all watch sportscenter or frequent ESPN or NFL.com but I am glad we are finally being recognized as a truly stellar team and playoff threat. Sportcenter had a great peice on Gibbs and the Redskins accomplishments this year. Plus... I seem to notice a lot of the sports reporters are actully seeing us as a legitimate SB contender. Reports seem to be motioning toward the fact that if we can take TB down this week, we could go to the show. I tend to agree. I think that TB is probably the toughest hurdle we will have on the way to the big show.

Redskins have made me very proud this year and I am looking forward to the playoffs...

GO SKINS!!!:seahawksu :panthersu :bucsuck: :jagsuck: :gaintsuck

I would much rather go under the radar than be recognized by the media.

Archived