Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PREDICTION THREAD: Tampa

Sherlock Holmes

21-10 Redskins.

Defense comes out firing on all cylinders to avenge what happened last time. Cooley comes back to have a great game. Moss breaks a long punt return. Sean Taylor will once again have a monster game. He lives for the big stage.

I agree. This team will be fired up as hell, and will win by two scores or more. However I think it will be more like 31-17 or something along those lines. We will score some points -- Gibbs opens up the playbook in the postseason. Don't be surprised if the first play from scrimmage is a play-action bomb to Moss. Its been open all season.

During the 5-game win streak, the Skins have outscored their opponents 70-18 in the second half (14-3.6 per game). That is vintage Gibbs. Not to mention, Gibbs is 8-1 in first round playoff games (2-0 when starting on the road). This game will be fairly close in the first half, maybe 13-10. But will not be close by the middle of the 4th quarter. A healthy d-line will be the crucial difference in this re-match.

Those who were around for Gibbs' first run will understand my confidence. He just has a knack for getting his team to reach another level once they are in the playoffs. And I think Williams solidifying himself as a Redskin will really galvanize the defense.

30-16 Skins.

35-24 SKINS

We have to watch out for their passing game. We saw how a team like Philly was piling up the yards against us. We stop the run effectively and force them to throw. Portis breaks a couple 15 + runs and scores once. Moss breaks a screen for a TD. Cooley and Royal will score once, and Betts will break a long run.

I think TBs biggest threat is Galloway, unless they put Alstott in like last game.

35-24 SKINS

We have to watch out for their passing game. We saw how a team like Philly was piling up the yards against us. We stop the run effectively and force them to throw. Portis breaks a couple 15 + runs and scores once. Moss breaks a screen for a TD. Cooley and Royal will score once, and Betts will break a long run.

I think TBs biggest threat is Galloway, unless they put Alstott in like last game.

I think this post is the most likely of what I've read on this thread.

Mine :Buccaneers 16, Redskins 24

I think Simms is gonna choke. He's not even the starting QB!! So with all the pressure he inherited earlier in the season--coupled with his responsibilities in the playoffs--he's going to be really easy to pressure into making mistakes. Just gotta put pressure on him... that's all it's gonna take to crush their offense. Especially in the Red Zone... that is, if they get there. :laugh:

35-13 Skins.

Story line: Simms is overconfindent with his big game against us last time throws 3 INT's. Cadillac breaks a long run late when the game is outta reach. Portis runs for 126 and 2 TD's. Cooley has 86 yds receiving and 1 TD. Moss has 104 yds receiving and 2 TD's. Sellars has one catch for 17 yds and 1 TD. Skins D is punishing with 3 INT's, 2 Forced Fumbles, 5 sacks and 1 INT or FF for a TD.

Archived